PDA

View Full Version : Visability on the EX

Tangofan
05-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Hi All! I am new to the forum and have been lurking for a few days. I love the EX, perfect size, great ride and my kids are little so the rear seats are not an issue. I was wondering how you might rate the visability. I feel the all around visability might be a little lacking & back window is pretty tiny ; but the back up camera will help that . Do any of you have issues with visability on your EX's??
Thanks!:p

fish43
05-02-2008, 08:21 PM
The rear window is small if you are trying to look out of it. If you get the AVM you have terrific visibilty all around the car when parking or backing up. Takes a little getting used to but I wouldnt want one without it now. Also the exterior side mirrors are a large size as well for good visibility for driving and lane changes.

Comdet
05-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Prior to the EX, I had a Subaru Forester Ė basically a fish bowl on wheels in terms of visibility. The rear window is so big that I never had to use the side mirrors much. I was rather concerned about the EX since reviews and comments on boards often remarked about the lack of rear visibility.

Happy to report that Iíve had no problems whatsoever. Yes, had to learn (or, I should say, re-learn) how to use my side mirrors properly, but after an hour behind the wheel, everything was just fine. The EX side mirrors are very large, and you get a great view on either side when driving. Add in the backup camera and the all-around view for parking
maneuvers, and you'll probably find that you have no issues at all in terms of visibility.

Properly adjusting your side view mirrors is key. I canít find the link at the moment (if I do Iíll post it), but on the Car Talk site the Click and Clack brothers have a great tutorial on how to adjust your mirrors so you eliminate blind spots on any car.

Tangofan
05-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks Fish43 & Comdet! I appreciate the feedback. I guess you both feel adding the Tech package to the vehicle is the way to go! I was planning on the Nav & Premium only but will try & see if I can find a dealer in South Florida with an EX that has the Tech Package. Warren Henry had none with that option when I did my first test drive.

azn_invazn
05-02-2008, 09:38 PM
yeah i def recommend the tech package as well, the avm is a cool gadget to show off, but it also is a very useful too, especially since the design of the ex makes the back window so small

Tangofan
05-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I guess the biggest problem with the visibility is the way I've been spelling it!! ;0)

EXceptional Woman
05-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Welcome to FreshAlloy, Tangofan! We are very lucky to have a great group of helpful members here. We're so glad you decided to join in on the fun! We'd love to see pictures and hear more about how you are liking your EX. Enjoy FA!

Jillian

:sign_community:

EXceptional Woman
05-03-2008, 09:44 AM
P.S. I agree with what everyone else said about the visibility. I am coming from my Accord and it just took a little getting used to, maybe a day or so in my normal driving routine. I do find myself a little paranoid at night sometimes when switching lanes on the highway, but I think that is a combination of the design of the EX and my window tint. I just do a second extra check over my shoulder before going, and the big mirrors do help.

espressomac
05-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Definitely check out the Tech package and its AVM if you're concerned about visibility. We got the Tech package because we thought the Intelligent Cruise Control sounded really useful -- and it is, makes highway driving a completely new thing. But the AVM has become an indispensable feature. And I agree with the others, the big mirrors are great.

BTW, I'm in Miami as well and went to three different Infiniti dealers in the area -- and I have to say this: the folks at Warren Henry were a bunch of jerks. And I'm not the only one on this forum who has had bad experience with them. Didn't buy my car there even though they are very, very close to my office. Definitely do yourself a favor and go to either South Infiniti (ask for C l e o G l a n e r t) or enjoy a trip up to Coconut Creek Infiniti (ask for P a u l E s c o b e d o). Coconut Creek is where we ended up buying our EX and there are a couple of others on the forum who bought theirs there. They do have an impressive number of EX's on the lot.

ClayCalgary
05-03-2008, 10:25 AM
I agree what was mentioned above as well. In addition check for pedestrians crossing when you're making right turns. the thick A pillar and the oversized sideview mirrors obstruct view.

Tangofan
05-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks for all the info on visibility & the tech package. I have made an appointment for tomorrow to test drive this beauty again and see the Tech features in person. I live in Broward County and will visit Coconut Creek per your suggestion.
FYI my dealing with Warren Henry was with the one in Broward , so it could be just they way they choose to do business.
But, my business they wont be getting!!:26:

EXceptional Woman
05-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Clearly I am the only one who thought you already had the EX :-) Good luck shopping! Looking forward to hearing how everything goes.

Cloud9
05-19-2008, 05:55 PM
My only issue with the visability is the driver's side mirror. It's a big mirror and it's hard to see the side of the road / curb when I make a left turn. I'm getting use to it though.

The Tech and AVM is a fantastic feature, well worth the money IMO.

Opplock48
05-28-2008, 06:44 PM
"Definitely check out the Tech package and its AVM if you're concerned about visibility. We got the Tech package because we thought the Intelligent Cruise Control sounded really useful -- and it is, makes highway driving a completely new thing. But the AVM has become an indispensable feature."

Absolutely agree on AVM. It's one of those "how did I ever do without it" features that's actually worth the price. I've gotten into the habit of seeing just how centered I can get my EX when parking in a stall and frequently hit the "change view" button to see how aligned I am with the curb or painted line. Kinda anal but it's fun once in a while and the system is so good at car placement...
I see Infiniti's offering it on the new FX too. Good thing 'cause that thing's gotta have some difficult sight lines considering the bulbous front end.

Tangofan
06-06-2008, 09:45 PM
I appreciate all your help about the visibility on the EX. I bought my new EX35 last week and have been having a blast driving it. I am getting very comfortable using my mirrors and find that just repositioning my body a bit really helps with some of the blind spots . I bought my EX with everything except the tech package. For me the split screen just wasn't working. Thank you all for taking the time to help me in choosing the beautiful car! It is my very first NEW CAR and I got it at a great price.

LEXA
06-09-2008, 08:02 PM
What colors did you get Tangofan?

Tangofan
06-09-2008, 08:52 PM
I Had a very hard time choosing what I wanted, that car looks great in anything!I had taken my husband & son and we looked at every color combo available on about 4 different car lots. We went with Black with the stone interior and the wood trim. It's so pretty when its clean!:auto: