PDA

View Full Version : manual shift mode

azn_invazn
05-04-2008, 06:49 PM
So I've been driving my car for a while, and I kind of want to give the manual shift mode for a spin, the only problem is I don't know how.

I know how to get into the manual shift mode, but I havent tried it yet, because I'm not sure what the indicator is of when I should shift. I'm planning on taking it real easy around the block when I start, so I dont mess the engine up. Has anyone tried it yet, and can you give me some pointers?

jmess
05-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Move the shift lever to the left, the center dash LCD will show DS. To upshift tap/push the shift lever forward; to down shift tap/push the lever back. In the dash LCD will show you what gear number you are in. If you come to a completed stop you will start out in 1st.

55,000 mile M
05-05-2008, 01:06 AM
well i dont have an ex but i do have a 07 G35s and both cars are similar so i guess i will give my two cents... when i put my car in the ds mode from a stop i just tap the shifter up and then you will have full control of the shifts. if you dont it will shift on its own as usual. also you can put it in ds mode when moving and it will stay in the gear that you are in. and please remember if you decide to drive it hard in the ds mode just remember to shift a little early. yes i know it might sound stupid but once the car hits 7000+ rpm it wont shift very fast and if you care about your tranny just let off the throttle a little so the shifts will be less harsh on your tran.. i prefer to shift at around or exatly 7000rpm even though the redline is 7600. but one thing i wish they would do is add an indicator or some kind of shift light like they use in the lexus is. its really neat but most important very helpful with getting perfect shifts. but its a whole lot of fun imo.

azn_invazn
05-05-2008, 04:59 PM
thanks for the info guys, i tried it today, but i wasnt sure of when to shift, there was no indicator telling me that i had to shift, and i was no where near 7000 rpm, so i just put it back into drive.