PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone....

bttek
05-18-2008, 11:14 PM
I have been lurking here for a while and have been reading and researching the EX and today I finally took the plunge.

The dealership that I dealt with was Warren Henry Infiniti and the entire buying process was pleasant and stress-free. They were nice enough to loan me an EX for the weekend and I was so impressed by it I made the decision today to purchase one. The EX that I borrowed was a Journey RWD.

For those of you that are on the fence about getting a EX, see if your local dealership will let you take one home for at least a day and see how you like it. IMO a simple test drive that lasts only 20 minutes or less is not enough time to know if a particular vehicle will suit ones needs and wants.

I purchased a black RWD Journey EX with graphite interior, Nav, Lux & Premium. I took advantage of Infiniti's 3.9 percent interest and recieved a nice discount off the MSRP of 41,585.00

I thought that the ride quality with the 18" wheels was going to be rougher than the 17" wheels on the demo but this was not the case. The car is absolutely incredible in so many ways... It's quiet ,refined and still has plenty of space for my needs. If I need to haul large items, my wife has the Honda Odyssey which can perform those duties.

There are a few things that I wish were standard on this vehicle.

1: It has a TPMS but there really should be a display that shows what the tire pressure is at each tire.

2: Bi-Xenon headlights should be standard on this vehicle at this price point.

3: I wish these car manufacturers would ditch the "Bose" system and actually install a "premium" system. I think that I prefer the stereo in the demo over the Bose.

4: What happened to the "privacy glass"??? Guess I will have to have the windows tinted; Especially now that summer is practically here in South Florida.

Other than these nitpicks, the EX is sensational and I personally think that the exterior/interior styling is incredible.

Thanks!!

Brian

EXceptional Woman
05-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Welcome Brian, and congratulations! I hope you've found FA a helpful resource. We are glad to have you here.

I have to agree with you on the ride quality and the Bose system. I too was expecting worse with the 18" wheels, but I find it is much quieter and smoother than my Honda (which I already thought was great on bumpy roads). I have a nice system in my Honda with incredible depth of sound. The Bose just doesn't impress me at all (particularly in the back). But overall, I am very happy with it after 2.5 months.

Quick question- do you have the Luxe Style or Elite? We all want to see what the Elite is about :-)

Oh and regarding the interest rate, that is incredible. My dealer was insisting they weren't going anywhere near that low and wouldn't be in the future, so I went with my credit union. Did you shop around and consistently get that rate?

f1dna
05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Brian,

I agree with you about the b-xenons being standard, but I got the Lux Style package just for the headlights - I think once you have had them you would never go back to regular halogens

bttek
05-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Hello EW,

The EX really is a pleasure to drive and very relaxing. Of course going from my 99 hardtop 6 speed manual tran Corvette to anything else would be relaxing!! :)

I have the Lux package NOT the elite. In fact I don't remember seeing one car on the lot with the elite package.

Welcome Brian, and congratulations! I hope you've found FA a helpful resource. We are glad to have you here.

I have to agree with you on the ride quality and the Bose system. I too was expecting worse with the 18" wheels, but I find it is much quieter and smoother than my Honda (which I already thought was great on bumpy roads). I have a nice system in my Honda with incredible depth of sound. The Bose just doesn't impress me at all (particularly in the back). But overall, I am very happy with it after 2.5 months.

Quick question- do you have the Luxe Style or Elite? We all want to see what the Elite is about :-)

Oh and regarding the interest rate, that is incredible. My dealer was insisting they weren't going anywhere near that low and wouldn't be in the future, so I went with my credit union. Did you shop around and consistently get that rate?

Cloud9
05-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Congratulations Brian on your new EX!! I agree with you on the Privacy glass and Xenons.

Like F1dna - I also got the Lux just for the xenons. It's hard to go back to regular once you've had the xenons.

EXceptional Woman
05-19-2008, 06:58 PM
I love the Adaptive Front Lighting. It is SO COOL! They say the eyes are the windows to a person's soul.... LOL

bttek
05-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. The xenon lights are awesome and I especially like the way they swivel for a better view when going around a turn.

It's kind of funny but I JUST discovered that the car has a "sport" mode for the transmission!! I was wondering why the car was shifting at such low RPM's until I started to read the manual.

Regarding the manual shifting, I think that it would have been a lot more effective if Infiniti installed shifter paddles on the steering wheel but IMO, this type of thing is more of a gimmick than anything else.

Before I purchased the EX I was seriously considering getting the Acura RDX. My dad has a 08 RDX and although it is very nice, the EX IMO is better in practically every way with the exception of back seat passenger space and cargo carrying capacity.

The RDX does not have anywhere as smooth and linear as the V6 in the EX. Also, the EX rides a lot smoother and is quite a bit more refined in regard to the interior. I think that if Acura went with a V6 engine and softened up the ride just a tad, it would have been a lot more difficult to make a decision.