PDA

View Full Version : Help in getting off my gauge bezel and dash in an s13

**DONOTDELETE**
04-14-2002, 03:41 PM
i'm trying to get off my gauge bezel and dash, and can't get it.. i got the glove box and the metal plate off, the two small panels that are in the corners of the front, the center console, i have all of the buttons unplugged and i have the steering column case off. i can't get off the gauge bezel, and thats my main problem. the steering column ajuster gets in my way when i go to take the bezel off, keeping me from doing so. can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong, or what else i need to do?

thanks,
paul~

**DONOTDELETE**
04-14-2002, 03:54 PM
I dropped the steering column by taking off two bolts, and walla!
I had the same problem for a while until I figured out I had to lower the whole column itself.
Thats just what I did, there may be an easier way...

**DONOTDELETE**
04-14-2002, 05:26 PM
hmm, where where the bolts? you just dropped the steering column down and it made clearance? let me go try that, i'll be right back with results

**DONOTDELETE**
04-14-2002, 05:49 PM
the bolts are under the dash. you will prolly need to remove the plastic under the gauges/steering cloumn/ and such.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-14-2002, 05:50 PM
sweet! thanks alot man! i got the bevel and cluster out, and went ahead and took out my seats while i was at it, so now i have alot more working room

LPhiEBik
04-14-2002, 10:31 PM
don't forget the bolts on top of the dash.. remove the long vent (2 pieces) on top and there are three bolts. (if you want to remove the whole dash)