PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP - S14 SR into S14

aimcheater
09-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey guys i could really use some help. I swapped an S14 SR into my S14 and everything is complete except the wiring. I sent my harness out to Wiring Specialties, but when I plug it in, I dont get power to the ECU, fuel pump, ignitor, or coilpacks. No spark, no fuel obviously. I've checked all my relays and i believe they are all good. Any ideas what it could be? An idea that was suggested is that my ECU may be dead...any way to test it?

TS4l
09-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Is your battery in the stock location? How does your fusebox get power? Its been a while since i played with a car with close to stock wiring. There should either be a distribution block at the battery terminal with white/red wires running to the fusebox. Otherwise you can run power from the starter to those wires if the battery is in thr trunk to avoid the use of a distribution block (fire hazard).

aimcheater
09-23-2008, 04:57 PM
yes my battery is in the stock location...its the westco small battery. I would imagine the power to the fuse box is hooked up lol but ill have to check. Im at school right now, ill post when i get home.

97 S14
09-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Who did your harness? Also what is the code on the ecu? WC is the most common but there are two other versions out there. You may have the wrong harness for your ecu, or it could be just one wire that wasn't solidered correctly. Let us know what the code is on your ecu and then we'll be able to tell you which wires to check.

aimcheater
09-23-2008, 11:45 PM
WC is all you need right?

Element2301
09-23-2008, 11:56 PM
sounds like the dash harness connector may have been wired for a WE ecu because that is the connector that goes to those relays in an s14 or may have been pinned incorrect.

aimcheater
09-24-2008, 02:43 PM
that could be a possibility. Ill email Yuri and see which ecu he wired the car for. Ill keep you guys posted

aimcheater
09-25-2008, 11:02 AM
boo i left yuri a message and he never called me back =\

no time to call him today, ill try tomorrow

aimcheater
10-03-2008, 01:55 PM
ok a couple relays had the wires switched...we fixed those. So ALL relays are working and we are getting power to the ECU...no spark, no fuel. Any tips?