PDA

View Full Version : SR20 engine cuts out!??

Sil240sr
12-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Hey guys, I have a s13 blacktop in my 92 and it seems to run pretty good...until I get heavy on the gas. If I go over halfway on the gas pedal my motor "hits a wall." it acts kind of like a rev limiter at around 3000rpms when I really get on it. If I am gentle with the gas I can get it all the way to 7500, but otherwise it cuts out. It has a slight miss at idle once in a blue moon but not all the time, I don't know if that has anything to do with it but this is getting really annoying. I don't have a clue what is causing this. Any Ideas??:rolleyes:

HybridS14
12-30-2008, 08:47 PM
I would check for vacuum leaks first. Are you using an sr MAF or an s-13 N/A maf? I have seen some computers that will run fine with the n/a maf and some that dont..... my two cents! Good luck

Sil240sr
01-05-2009, 03:28 PM
I would check for vacuum leaks first. Are you using an sr MAF or an s-13 N/A maf? I have seen some computers that will run fine with the n/a maf and some that dont..... my two cents! Good luck

I checked for vaccum leaks and can't find any and I am using the SR MAF. I still can't figure this out, it runs great untill I really get on it.

Wedge
01-05-2009, 05:15 PM
what plugs are you using? what are they gaped at?

McCoy
01-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Fuel pump could be dying... might want to check your plugs after hitting this 'wall' a few times and see if they are white or not.

TS4l
01-05-2009, 06:19 PM
It really sounds like a boost leak, with less throttle you don't have as much boost to pop open the leak, but WOT and full boost cause the hole to open up. If it did it all around I would suspect too much timing retard but it should act consistent. However I guess if you were not in full boost the timing being low might be less noticeable.