PDA

View Full Version : tps sensor for sr20det

KenFuji
04-25-2002, 07:41 AM
i am look for the nissan USDM parts number for the s13 tps. if any of you have it can you please let me know. i went to the local nissan dealer and all they had was the 6 prong one. i need the 3 three.

also if you have one for sale... please let me know

ken

SRFiveTen
04-25-2002, 08:44 AM
i can help, but first, i need the number off of your ecu, 23710-xxFxx.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-25-2002, 08:52 AM
My friends '97 200sx SE-R has the same TPS as my S13 red top. Just go to the parts counter and ask for a '97 SE-R TPS...

SRFiveTen
04-25-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by rasta:
My friends '97 200sx SE-R has the same TPS as my S13 red top. Just go to the parts counter and ask for a '97 SE-R TPS...<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]what *if* ken's motor isn't a red top?
what if it is a red top running on black top ecu and black top harness?
i know there are several tps numbers, some with multiple supercession, some with footnotes referring to some harness connector repair parts.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-25-2002, 09:00 AM
what *if* ken's motor isn't a red top?
what if it is a red top running on black top ecu and black top harness?
i know there are several tps numbers, some with multiple supercession, some with footnotes referring to some harness connector repair parts. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]He said "S13" TPS. S13 black tops also use the same TPS...

SRFiveTen
04-25-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by rasta:
[QUOTE] He said "S13" TPS. S13 black tops also use the same TPS...<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]all s13 black tops use same tps?
i see two tps listed for black top s13.
they might interchange, but for some unknown reason, nissan lists two for black top s13 sr20det. usually, if the parts do interchange, they insert a note, and for these, i see no notes, but what do i know?
i'll leave it for s13 owners to figure it out.

KenFuji
04-25-2002, 12:18 PM
can someone check to see what the order of the wire is

looking at the clip prong first
from left to right.

mine is black. green/red, white.

i have a feeling this is incorrect.

BigSucka
04-25-2002, 01:27 PM
Take a quick picture of it Ken...

**DONOTDELETE**
04-25-2002, 02:27 PM
Black, White, Green/Red...

SRFiveTen
04-25-2002, 02:48 PM
i wouldn't go about switching wires on the tps harness untill you confirm that yours and rasta's are identical.

i know there are several tps numbers, some with multiple supercession, some with footnotes referring to some harness connector repair parts. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]

KenFuji
04-25-2002, 03:46 PM
srfiveten

here are the numbers form the ecu

E5
23710-50f05

also what is the proper voltage for the tps?
is .5v-5v correct?

mine is at .5v-4.1v looks a little shady to me.

[ 04-25-2002, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: kenfuji ]

SRFiveTen
04-25-2002, 05:54 PM
tps voltage isn't that bad, but i would adjust it so you get 0.4v at 0% throttle.
4.1v at wot is just fine.
my s14 throttle is set at 0.4v to 4.1v.

judging from your ecu, you should replace the tps with #22620-53J00 which was superceded to #22620-53J01.
are you about to purchase another tps in hopes to fix your idle issue?
if so, i think you are about to waste $60 (or so).

if you are doubting your tps wire harness, check continuity with ecu pins.

you replaced your o2 sensor because you thought the old one was no good.
the new one made your idle worse.
what is to say that your replacement sensor is correct?
does your idle improve if you have your o2 sensor harness disconnected?

you were looking into changing your coolant temp sensor. how did that go?

didn't you take your car to a mechanic?

KenFuji
04-25-2002, 06:09 PM
thanks srfiveten for you feed back.

the mechanic thought it was bad wiring and he redid it. i will re-adjust the tps tomorrow. i think the problem is the iacv. since this problem started to occur after the low idle to stalling after acceleration and blimping the throttle fix. i will take it out tomorrow and give it a good clean. if that does not work i don't know where else to go check.

i have replaced my o2, water temp sensor,(both) mafs checked out ok. all the injectors are fine.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-25-2002, 06:48 PM
Kenfuji, we have a spare TPS off a black top motor throttle body. Since your ECU is for black top, I dont' think it will be a problem.

Email me if interested.

Wayne
Phase 2

SRFiveTen
04-25-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by kenfuji:
if that does not work i don't know where else to go check.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]back to the basics, check for vacuum leaks with a can of starter fluid.

KenFuji
04-25-2002, 08:00 PM
how do i use the starter fuel to look for leaks? i heard propane works. do have to spray it or does it come in a gas form like propane?

thanks again http://www.freshalloy.com/

wayne i dont think i will be needing the tps for now thanks.

ken

nismos13silvia
04-25-2002, 10:48 PM
O.K. this kind of confusing. http://www.freshalloy.com/

I've got a different kind of problem. I've got an SR S13 red top with the 6 plug TPS. My ECU say 63 on it. Here's the problem, my voltage's at close and open throttle check out. Close about .5V and open is about 4.5V. But on my S-AFC, the TPS shows it going from 0%-100% all the time whenever you get going? I've seen a lot of other S-AFC's on other people's cars. And mine doesn't read anything like that? Anybody know what's wrong?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-25-2002, 11:04 PM
all s13 black tops use same tps?
i see two tps listed for black top s13.
they might interchange, but for some unknown reason, nissan lists two for black top s13 sr20det. usually, if the parts do interchange, they insert a note, and for these, i see no notes, but what do i know?
i'll leave it for s13 owners to figure it out. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]The last time I was at Marshall Export(SR20 importer) they had a early S13 red top and a newer model S13 black top. I was looking for a TPS at the time(I thought it was the reason for my idleing problem) Both red and black top sensors were the same(same physical appearence and part number) The only difference I could see was that the red top used 7mm bolt heads and the black top used phillips screws(same thread pattern, just different heads) to attach the TPS. I didn't know nissan listed 2 different S13 black tops... http://www.freshalloy.com/

SRFiveTen
04-25-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by kenfuji:
how do i use the starter fuel to look for leaks? i heard propane works. do have to spray it or does it come in a gas form like propane?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]starter fluid does come in spray can. (automotive, not the type you use to start a bbq)
propane should work too, but i prefer starter fluid.

spray a little of your testing fluid/gas on your intake filter, you'll hear the idle rise up a bit.

spray around your hoses, tubes, intake piping, manifold gasket area, a little at a time, and if you notice change in your idle, you've pretty muchnarrowed in on a leak.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-25-2002, 11:11 PM
I didn't know nissan listed 2 different S13 black tops... <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Actually, maybe I do..LOL.. I know that the black tops came with either a J4 or E5 ECU. Maybe this has something to do with the different TPS part #'s???

SRFiveTen
04-25-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by nismos13silvia:
I've got a different kind of problem. I've got an SR S13 red top with the 6 plug TPS. My ECU say 63 on it. Here's the problem, my voltage's at close and open throttle check out. Close about .5V and open is about 4.5V. But on my S-AFC, the TPS shows it going from 0%-100% all the time whenever you get going? I've seen a lot of other S-AFC's on other people's cars. And mine doesn't read anything like that? Anybody know what's wrong?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]your tps is for auto trans. it can work for 5 speed, you just don't use all the pins.

your s-afc is probably not wired correctly or not set up correctly.
not familiar with s-afc, so i don't think i can be of further help.

besides your read out on s-afc being wacked, is your motor performing alright?

nismos13silvia
04-25-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by SRFiveTen:
besides your read out on s-afc being wacked, is your motor performing alright? <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Yes, my motor is running and idling fine. Just the wacky reading on the S-AFC.

Oh yeah, my wiring on the S-AFC is correct. I've checked it soo many times. Even called up Apexi to double check the wiring.

[ 04-26-2002, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: nismos13silvia ]

KenFuji
04-25-2002, 11:22 PM
hey guys

i just got back fom a job interview.... man it seems to get worse http://www.freshalloy.com/

srfivetenthe ecu i have is the E5 s13 black top ecu i will look for hte ecu # soon.

rasta is the tps you friend has is it a 3 conector one or the 6 connector one?

i need the 3 connector one

ken

**DONOTDELETE**
04-25-2002, 11:25 PM
rasta is the tps you friend has is it a 3 conector one or the 6 connector one?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]It's the 3 prong... check your e-mail!

Hugh
04-25-2002, 11:46 PM
did you set it in the etc. menu for a throttle signal with an up arrow??

When you check your voltage on the TPS, where are you checking it from? The sensor connector? The ECU?

Go to sensor check on the SAFC and check the reading there. See if it is very close to the reading you get from the TPS. If not, there's a wiring problem.