PDA

View Full Version : Video: In car testing my ITB'ed KA on grip course

Greaser_
07-04-2009, 02:46 PM
What up peeps,

I had the oportunity to test my setup on a course with some sticky NT01 nittos. Unfortunately the alignment guy was a tard and didnt want the rear tires as close as I thought they could go and setup the rear with -4 degrees vs the -2 degrees camber I wanted. You'll see what I mean when I finish editing the video of the camera mounted behind the rear tire. The car was wayyyy to low which was my fault but I beat the ******** outta the car all day and ran out of E85 from a full tank.

Theres another event coming up and i'll be making some changes since I did make some errors in car setup.

Heres the first of many videos left on my SD cards. It took me about 3 hours to edit it up. Please enjoy it. I'll post the others when i finish with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0BmLsIZ69E

Greaser_
07-04-2009, 03:59 PM
another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVmqfeS8h_o

Martin XAT
07-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Ridiculous... It's strange hearing a NA KA work the gears that quick.

Although I must say you've started a fan club everywhere.. I just had s13 dropped off at the shop with some kind of rigged ITB setup on a half sawzaed upper plenum that I am supposed to make run... it never has. It's got some kind of trigger wheel / standalone and is just a tremendous pile right now... Owner said he saw some guy on the internet make close to 225 rwhp.. so he figures we should be at 200 easily. Mind you it only has headers for "mods". I just gave him a funny look and cursed your name.

Martin

Greaser_
07-04-2009, 04:42 PM
hahaahhahah. youre going to make it make 165rwhp. thats all my stock cammed, stock headed, hotshot headered, 42mm itb setup made with a sawzaed upper plennum. hahah omg.

i hate working on ******** piles

Rear tire view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAvUZhBeiZI

a_ahmed
07-14-2009, 11:45 AM
you need ur car setup better lol come to www.nissanroadracing.com :) lol @ -4 rear camber. I can tell the KA is hauling. From a standstill it pulls nicely (i mean for 220whp but cmon pure awesome NA KA).

This should be a fun track car if you take care of the suspension/chassis element of it fully :).... and not run those stretched looking tires *slap*

djsilver
07-15-2009, 01:45 AM
hahaahhahah. youre going to make it make 165rwhp. thats all my stock cammed, stock headed, hotshot headered, 42mm itb setup made with a sawzaed upper plennum. hahah omg.

i hate working on ******** piles

I'm up to 164whp (dyno dynamics) on my S13 coupe with the following SCCA Street Prepared legal mods;

.040 over pistons
Fidanza flywheel
ASP crankshaft pulley
K&N filter
S14 MAF (+Apexi Neo to tune the AFR)
EGR, etc. removed
JWT ECU
JWT exhaust gear retarded 5 degrees
Ignition timing advanced 5 degrees
Hotshot header
Random flow cat
2.5" MR cat-back

Does that mean I can saw up my intake manifold, install ITB's and get 1 more horsepower? :D

Vr6wantSr20det
07-15-2009, 11:49 AM
looks like a lot of fun. Car sounds great too. And seems to have a good amount of power to have fun with. Respect for getting some pep from a NA-KA. The sound while turning, was that tire rubbing or something else? kinda sounded like race-brakes. good stuff, should be a lot more fun once everything is dialed in.

Punch
08-12-2009, 02:48 PM
What camera is that?

Greaser_
08-12-2009, 05:28 PM
the camera is called a Go Pro hero

480sx
08-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Owner said he saw some guy on the internet make close to 225 rwhp.. so he figures we should be at 200 easily. Mind you it only has headers for "mods". I just gave him a funny look and cursed your name.

LOL reminds me of Cory's fan club. That crap used to rage me out hehe.

Greaser man, damned nice work. Im really impressed with that dyno sheet. Im a N/A stock crank Ka hater, but dude, that torque curve is sick. Between 4500-7000 that car is hauling. Didnt think you would be able to ever put down 200 ft pounds of torque on a N/A stock crank KA24DE, even on a Dynojet. Damn. Impressive.

2:28! first video, sweeet hehe. The 3:20ish pass around that sweeper was nicely done.

Greaser_
08-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Thank you!

its a very fun car to drive/drift. not so much drift since i'm not too experienced in the 3rd gear and up stuff nor have enough power....yet

the last event the motor started to misfire, #4 had a sealing issue on the intake valves and the cams had some hardness problems. So i'm putting new cams in it, putting a stock HG on it and selling the whole kit and caboodle. Maybe even with the ems but for sure at least with my tune.

I'm moving forward with the M112 supercharged KA project. I'm 90% done with the cylinder head and hoping for 350-400cfm through the intake ports. you guys are gonna ********, i revised the intake and exhaust ports and they look nothing like a KA anymore, more like a ported K20A head. I'm excited cuz its going to make 400wheel from like......idle hahah

a_ahmed
08-19-2009, 10:10 PM
yay, lol that sounds insane. People will most likely go bonkers yes :D