PDA

View Full Version : She just won't start!

...alex
12-03-2009, 05:23 AM
Here's the back story:
I have put a blacktop sr20det from a New Zealand new s14a into a JDM s13 (factory CA18DE).

I bought the engine from an auction site and have never had it running myself.

The engine has spark, fuel and compression.

It will currently only run on ONE cylinder (#1).

I have changed spark plugs and checked that i am getting voltage @ all 4 injectors.

Fuel lines are around the correct way.

Does anyone know why it might only be running on ONE cylinder!? I have asked around so many places and no one knows why ;<

Please let me know if you have any ideas. I am getting desperate, and just want to get this thing going.

phase2
12-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Start with the basics, make sure you have spark coming out from all 4 coils, check all 4 plugs with signs of fuel vapor to proof injectors are working, do a compression check on all 4 cylinders, make sure base timing is set correctly at 15 degrees, make sure MAF wiring is correct, and make sure you are using the correct ECU for the S14 motor.

...alex
12-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Start with the basics, make sure you have spark coming out from all 4 coils, check all 4 plugs with signs of fuel vapor to proof injectors are working, do a compression check on all 4 cylinders, make sure base timing is set correctly at 15 degrees, make sure MAF wiring is correct, and make sure you are using the correct ECU for the S14 motor.

make sure you have spark coming out from all 4 coils: Got it, and spark from all 4 spark plugs.
check all 4 plugs with signs of fuel vapor to proof injectors are working: Haven't done this yet, what would signed of fuel vapour be? Just wet plugs?
do a compression check on all 4 cylinders: Already done, everything is fine.
make sure base timing is set correctly at 15 degrees: Done, i have re-set the timing.
make sure MAF wiring is correct: Never changed it, it didn't need to be modified. The plug and sensor look in good condition. And this shouldn't ever cause it to run on one cylinder
make sure you are using the correct ECU for the S14 motor: It's all the same. Bought as a package from a car being wrecked.

I have checked most of the basics, still no go ;<

Drag_S13
12-09-2009, 02:23 AM
Pull the rail off of the intake manifold, but leave EVERYTHING else hooked up. Set it up so the injectors will spray into a box or something. Have someone crank it over and watch for fuel spray out of all 4 injectors.

...alex
12-09-2009, 05:04 AM
sooo.... got it going! wooohooo :D:D

The problem was indeed THREE blocked injectors! I got someone to come and go through my wiring etc and as a last resort he tapped all the injectors and it got it going.

but now it won't go into gear :O it will change fine when the car is off, but when the car is on it won't go into any gear. Clutch is bled fine, i even took out the extra box that is there, so the line is super short now. I have also adjusted the clutch pedal so that the rod that comes through from the master is leaving no play in the pedal i.e. it is pushing the maximum amount into the master cyl.

I was watching the slave cyl as my mate pushed the clutch in, it only pushes the fork about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way of the rectangle hole in the side of the gbox. Is it meant to go the entire way?

Any ideas as to why it may not be letting me get it into gear? Hopefully i won't have to take the box off >_<