PDA

View Full Version : Car Over Heating again!

**DONOTDELETE**
05-09-2002, 01:35 PM
Well, the clamp on the hose went bad and I replaced it and it doesn't over heat anymore.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-09-2002, 11:39 PM
The other day I was on my way home from the gas station when I noticed that the needle on my temp. gauge was going up really really fast. I was just a mile or so from home so I kept driving. I get it home and look under the hood and I notice that I have coolant all over the engine bay. So, I leave it alone b/c I have to get to work. When I get home me and my friend take a look at it and we noticed that the hose from the radiator to the ┐throttle body? was completely off at the ┐throttle body?, so we put it back on really tight and put coolant back into the radiator and let it idle for a few minutes and then we gave it a test drive. Well, about a mile from my house the needle on my temp. gauge goes up steadly. So, we get the car back to my house and we look and there is nothing we can see that is causing it to over heat.

I've gone thru 2 water pumps in the last 8 monthes. Does anyone know what could be causing my car to over heat this time? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: it's a '90 with 160k miles.

[ 05-09-2002, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: DarkSlide ]

**DONOTDELETE**
05-09-2002, 11:44 PM
maybe the water pump broke again...

**DONOTDELETE**
05-09-2002, 11:54 PM
Do a flush and burp the cooling system. It has a screw on the top part of where the upper hose is connected. Also replace your thermostat. -240GT-R

JimStinksAtDorifto
05-09-2002, 11:54 PM
You probably have a big air bubble...bleed the system.