PDA

View Full Version : Help SR Red Top issue!!!!!

72nismo
11-10-2011, 11:27 PM
So my buddy has an SR and this is whats happening. His running JWT ECU.
When its cold and you start the motor dies, but when you disconnect the MAF, she start up and stays running. No Ecu fault except for the MAF because it's disconnected. But when the motor is warm, you connect the MAF. Motor runs ok... So his thinking his fule pump might be the problem. But If the fuel pump is the problem why does she stay running with the MAF disconnected?

Any thoughts on what it can be fellas?

2_Liter_Turbo
11-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Open the ECU case, and check to see if the daughter board is loose. This happened once on my flashed ECU and gave me similar issues.

72nismo
11-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Tested 2 different ECU's and same thing happened.
Thanks

2_Liter_Turbo
11-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Bummer, it was worth a shot, lol. Which MAF is it? Did you check the harness? Did you try a different MAF?

72nismo
11-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Z32 Maf

If its the voltage drop on the fuel pump..why she starts and stay running if you disconnect the MAF?
And I tested the pump running directly to see if is the pump but did the same thing...

It seems like when the car warms up make the sensor to run ok which would be the cas, coil packs, .., and if that is the problem what's the connection between those sensor to the MAF?...

Kingtal0n
11-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Tested 2 different ECU's and same thing happened.
Thanks

you have two exact JWT ecu to test back to back? With the same exact information in them?

Please name your injector size and name which MAF you are using.
if you plug in the maf, and the engine wont run, the tune is wrong for the maf or the ECU/MAF is bad, or there is a problem such as boost leak or vacuum leak that is causing the (correct) maf signal to become (incorrect). If it runs with the maf disconnected it is not the fuel pump (99%)