Full race turbo with t3/t61
Greedy intake manifold.
Dwerk's 660cc injectors
Z32 mafs
3" turbo back exhaust
Waldo fuel pump
Pulley kit
RS Enthalapy rom tune ecu

That's about the just of the main components.
Car will start and stall within 5 seconds .
Unplug Mafs and it idles perfect but won't rev past 2000-2500 then starts backfiring. Plug mafs back in and car dies right away and will not idle. I have NO vacumn leaks. With mafs unplugged vacumn is 19-20 psi.
All my grounds and hooked up.
Mafs is wired correctly ( checked it 3 times).

Does anybody have any ideas?

SilverArrow27
02-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Bad maf is my opinion.

HATchTRICK
02-03-2012, 01:17 PM
tried new mafs today. Same results!

SilverArrow27
02-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Sounds just like my car, an exception of the maf though since I'm running a Haltech. Maybe a bad tune if it's a new ecu? Not sure how long you have had your setup or if this is the first time starting/driving your car?

HATchTRICK
02-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Let's just call it new.

It was tuned 6yrs ago for my current setUp exactly. Then my car sat in storage for 6 yrs. I am back to working on it now. So realistically it's 6 yrs old but was never installed until this week.

Can ran great without tune. Then tuned ecu , new z32 mafs, and bigger injectors. They were all installed correctly and accounted for in the tune. So I'm at a stand still until I hear back from the tuner to make sure it was not a mistake not and forget to add the z32 into the rom tune.

Kingtal0n
02-06-2012, 07:01 PM
If it idles without the maf plugged in, but not when you plug in the maf, then we must point our fingers at:

The way the ECU interprets the maf signal(tune), the wiring between the ECU and the maf, the maf itself, the airflow (possibly) exiting the plumbing after the maf

Maybe try the oem maf to see if the ECU is setup for it? Just a random thought.