PDA

View Full Version : Any USDM cars with compatible ABV, BOV, or IC???

SOHC240
05-23-2002, 02:28 PM
I just wanted to know if there are any USDM cars that came with either BOV, air bypass vales, or intercoolers that would work in a 240sx with an SR20DET?

This would just be temporary anyways.

Thanks,
Marshall

**DONOTDELETE**
05-23-2002, 02:32 PM
I think u can use any stock bypass valve or any blow off valves. I'm not sure about intercoolers, I'm pretty sure you can use quite alot like from the MKIIIs, Starions or Conquests, etc...I have a 1st gen Eclipse GSX bypass valve on mines with stock Side mount.

SOHC240
05-23-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by S13240Coupe:
I think u can use any stock bypass valve or any blow off valves. I'm not sure about intercoolers, I'm pretty sure you can use quite alot like from the MKIIIs, Starions or Conquests, etc...I have a 1st gen Eclipse GSX bypass valve on mines with stock Side mount.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]So what cars had BOV or ABV? Are the inlet and the outlet close on the GSX intercooler?

Thanks
Marshall

**DONOTDELETE**
05-23-2002, 02:56 PM
look at volvo turbo intercoolers.....built to last

**DONOTDELETE**
05-23-2002, 03:01 PM
I'm not sure about the stock GSX sidemount, but I saw my friend's stock sidemount b4 and it looks similar to the Silvia stock side mount. But u can find a bypass valve on ALMOST every turbocharge vehicle out there like MR2 Turbo, Eclipse GSX and GST, Eagle Talon TSI, All Supra Turbos I believe, 300zx(Z31 and Z32) Turbo, 3000GT VR4, RX7s, WRX Turbo, etc...

Big_Bronze_Rim
05-23-2002, 05:38 PM
Im using an Isuzu NPR intercooler which has great core dimensions and can be found cheap at truck salvage yards. Volvo bypass valves are good and even have a preload adjustment.
Brad