PDA

View Full Version : squeeking sound when backing...

**DONOTDELETE**
05-26-2002, 05:07 PM
when I reverse, and turn the wheel, slightly tap brake, my 240(89) seems each time to make a squeek like sound. if anybody knows the problem or how serious it is, please can you let me know. thank you.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]

FUtec2k
05-26-2002, 05:44 PM
Is it a high-pitched squeal from your brakes?

**DONOTDELETE**
05-26-2002, 08:01 PM
yeah that is what it sounds like.

05-27-2002, 12:44 AM
It's your rear brake pads. They're worn down to the wear indicators, making a noise initially only in reverse. Eventually they will make noise while going forward as well. Replace your rear brake pads.

Asad

blk180sx
05-27-2002, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by asad137:
It's your rear brake pads. They're worn down to the wear indicators, making a noise initially only in reverse. Eventually they will make noise while going forward as well. Replace your rear brake pads.

Asad<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Not completely true. I have a 89 240sx also. I've been having this same problem from time to time and I even replaced my pads and rotors and I still have this same problem. My take is that it has something to do with the e-brake system or the rear caliper itself.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-27-2002, 06:23 AM
I had this problem before.. it was the rear pads.

dsc
05-27-2002, 07:22 AM
I get a similar sound but it's not high pitch sounding. Its like a groaning sound...I dono.
But its only in the morning when I'm backing out of the driveway for the 1st time, so i've always assumed it was just moisture on the rotor. Am I right or could it be something else?

Society_Mike
05-27-2002, 01:31 PM
yeah, my hachi and my silvia both do this, Especially after racing at a circuit or in the mountains (hard driving). The brake pads will somewhat glaze on the rotor and other times they don't release all the way and after sitting for a while and when you start moving in the morning it will groan and creak, its pretty normal actually. When you have aftermarket pads like my Endless or Project Mu, they do it even louder.

But like asad said, it can also be worn pads, check that first.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-27-2002, 02:03 PM
wow, thank you all very much.

on a worse note, my car did not start after school. it is the first time ever the car has done something like this. i put in the key, i am able to to turn it all the way, however no lights, no guages, no sound, nothing happens. nothing at all. what is this? no one had jumper cables so i am still unsure if its the battery. it did not look very worn, and the bolts seemed tight. please help me out, i need my baby!

[ 05-27-2002, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: iczed ]

FUtec2k
05-27-2002, 02:10 PM
If you charge up the battery and the car starts, but does not stay started w/out applying some gas, if could just be the battery. My friend had this same problem in his Z24. The battery was only 3 months old - somehow the battery got punctured and lost all its fluid.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-27-2002, 02:16 PM
thx ill have to check that when i go back later.