PDA

View Full Version : Tein HE

**DONOTDELETE**
06-06-2002, 02:29 PM
Damping adjustment is only available on the Tein HA, not on the HE

Spring rate is set unless you have different springs to swap in. You can change the preload, but spring rate is a set value based on the properties of the spring. If you have not ordered your coilovers, the only way to "change" spring rates is to specify what you want if it differs from the standard rates.

Strut body height is adj. by screwing the strut up or down its range within the collar. Ride height is done by rotating the spring seat up or down the threaded shock body.

Camber adjustment is fairly evident. Loosen the bolts at the top of the strut and slide the pillow mount along the track to the desired camber setting. Retighten bolts and you're good to go. (note that you either need a way to measure camber yourself or must take it to a shop, there will not be defined angles on the mount as they would not be very precise based on your individual car. Make some baseline measurements like -1, -1.5, -2, -3 ,-4 degrees, or other likely used angles so when you change for a track event at the track, you will know the setting and will be able to return it to your street setting before you leave)

06-06-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by 240 2NR:
Damping adjustment is only available on the Tein HA, not on the HE
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Then why does this picture show a small shock adjustment screwdriver?
http://www.tein.com/img/he.jpg

I think you are thinking of the HR which does not have adjustable damping.

Asad

**DONOTDELETE**
06-06-2002, 11:10 PM
to anyone who has theses coilovers...how do you set up your coilovers specs such as damper level...strut body height..spring rate and adjustable camber plate...

Dorifto_PG
06-07-2002, 08:34 PM
The HE's are 16-way adjustable.

Society_Mike
06-07-2002, 08:53 PM
Tein HE's are designed specificly for drift.
YES you CAN adjust dampening level.
They have amazing adjustability.
You can ALSO adjust ride height by not only the spring seat collar lower/raising but by threading the entire cylinder into the base. I JUST installed a set of these for like the 3rd time yesterday afternoon for a girl with a N/A S14 who works on base.
Tein HE's compare to HKS Hypermax D and Apexi N1 in the US market which would be Apexi N1 Pro 1 in JDM. In JDM they carry about 4 variations of the N1 series. The closest i know which matches it are the "N1's" in the US.
Oh also match the JIC coil overs.
Tein HE's are an EXCELLENT product for your money, probably the best "bang for your buck" suspension in the US market right now.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-07-2002, 09:05 PM
are the HE better than the HA?

grinder
06-07-2002, 09:32 PM
HE's compared to the HA's w/ pillowball top mounts, the HE's are cheaper in price.

They also have the same spring rates, but as far as I can tell, they're about the same, except for the fact that HA's have rebuildable dampers for custom dampening modification.

Bay Devil
06-08-2002, 08:21 AM
HEs are 24 way adjustable also.. does anyone know how to adjust the camber on top?

sspikey
06-08-2002, 09:12 AM
i want teins so bad but problem is that i know theyll rust here in canada even if the car is only summer dirven.

06-08-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Bay Devil:
HEs are 24 way adjustable also.. does anyone know how to adjust the camber on top?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Raise the front of the car, loosen the screws, slide the top of shock, tighten the screws, and lower the car.

Asad