PDA

View Full Version : eliminating holes in hatch lid

AZ_Dave
06-25-2002, 05:14 PM
I'd like to remove my stock spoiler (I only have it there now to keep the rain out)...how could I go about covering over all the holes? You think I could do it myself and have it look half-decent?

Dave

MikeNesss
06-25-2002, 05:33 PM
if u find out be sure to email me
mikehutch711@hotmail.com

i got same prob

KenFuji
06-25-2002, 09:11 PM
come on dave.... rain in az??? how bug are the holes? if it's not too large i think you can fill it with bondo and then sand it down smooth ,then paint that area to match the color.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-25-2002, 09:16 PM
actually what i would do is weld sheet metal on the underside and fill it with fiberglass resin then bondo for strength. reason being bondo seems to pop out when u close the hatch or even if u have subs the constant thud forces the bondo out and u have to start over agian . all these products can be found at home depot.
jared

AZ_Dave
06-25-2002, 09:16 PM
When it rains, it pours.

I guess that's the only way to do it...but i don't want it to end up looking like a$$.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-25-2002, 11:37 PM
I would just use fiberglass and then bondo. Sometimes you warp the metal when you weld.

philttz
06-26-2002, 03:44 AM
Cut out small circles from galv body metal and cover the holes underneath by using a fuser gun (all body shops have them) its a special epoxy that fuses metals together no welding necessary.
then use fiberglass over the top, covered with bondo. sand to 450-600 grit, prime and paint.

Or.. take it to a body shop and they will do the same. Don't try and save money by doing the body work yourself if you don't have the right tools, you will pay in the end if you have to get a body shop to fix your work and do the job right (I talk from experience here!)

d240t2
06-26-2002, 05:42 AM
With the amount of S13's in junkyards...consider how much easier it might be to find a replacement hatch with no spoiler and wiper. That is what I did...even found one in the right color.

Dennis

MiamiGrinch240
06-26-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by philttz:
Cut out small circles from galv body metal and cover the holes underneath by using a fuser gun (all body shops have them) its a special epoxy that fuses metals together no welding necessary.
then use fiberglass over the top, covered with bondo. sand to 450-600 grit, prime and paint.

Or.. take it to a body shop and they will do the same. Don't try and save money by doing the body work yourself if you don't have the right tools, you will pay in the end if you have to get a body shop to fix your work and do the job right (I talk from experience here!)<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Had my stock spoiler holes closed by doing this at the body shop. Then had custom holes made for the Kouki wing.