PDA

View Full Version : dying door cloth??

HyperTek
07-07-2002, 02:07 PM
Can it be done?? I pulled it off my s13 and was wondering about that, sure the black vinyl looks cool, but with those little holes and how the vinyl isn't really sealed that well on mine, I thought I would recover it with the cloth if I can dye it or replace it with some other cloth.

mazdog
07-07-2002, 02:16 PM
just replace it with better fabric in your fav color. Use high quality (3M is good) contact cement.

redlyne
07-07-2002, 03:30 PM
Mine are coming off right now too. I was thing of using red headliner material to cover mine.

Sean

**DONOTDELETE**
07-07-2002, 06:22 PM
i re-did the center parts on the doors of my 240 in dark blue vinyl; it looks great, was easy to apply and is easy to clean.

It was the simplist thing on the car and it gets the most comments images/icons/confused.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
07-09-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Tekryder:
Can it be done?? I pulled it off my s13 and was wondering about that, sure the black vinyl looks cool, but with those little holes and how the vinyl isn't really sealed that well on mine, I thought I would recover it with the cloth if I can dye it or replace it with some other cloth.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]do like i'm doing, take off the tweed crap and put a fiew layers of fiberglass over the thin stuff, then put a small layer of bondo to make it smooth and paint it
images/icons/smile.gif