Pulsar Rocker Arms
HKS Cam Sprockets
HKS 1.2mm Head Gasket
Ported Intake Manifold
HKS Knock-off Turbo manifold
T04S - upgrading from current T04E
ARC High Capacity Aluminum Oil Pan

Ok, 2 things I need help with:
First, what should I do while I have the head off the engine? Anything I shouldn't overlook that can be easily changed during this time?

Second: Is there anyone has set the cam timing on the HKS cams without a Dyno?

uiuc240
07-08-2002, 06:24 AM
Siiiiick. You musta been doing some serious TDY action over there...per diem checks rollin' in or something? Wow. Send me some of your used parts. images/icons/grin.gif

Eric

Hugh
07-08-2002, 05:21 PM
Nope, just found a really good deal on some parts, sold some stuff I didn't need... and came out sorta clear.

eBay has supported my habit for some time...

Hollywood
07-10-2002, 06:21 AM
I would get your hands on the SR service manual. Everything related to head work requires certain blots to be loosened and tightend in a specific order with specific torque specs. Also like me you are going to need new valve stem oil seals.

BTW I have never heard of that oil pan..give me some more info on that.

Hugh
07-10-2002, 01:53 PM
What the heck are valve stem oil seals? I need these?

I have the service manual and I am going from that. (I also have a lot of local help images/icons/wink.gif )

07-10-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by 1bad180sx:
What the heck are valve stem oil seals? I need these?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Valve stem oil seals -- the name itself basically describes them. They seal off the valvetrain from the valve guides, so you don't leak oil into your ports or air or exhaust gas into your valvetrain.

You probably don't need them if they're in good shape, but if you're removing the valves anyway, might as well replace them.

Asad

[ 07-10-2002, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: asad137 ]