PDA

View Full Version : Analog Cluster to HUD Swap

**DONOTDELETE**
07-10-2002, 12:34 AM
I wanna know what I would need to swap a analog cluster to a HUD? Is it a simple plug and turn on? I own a 91 S13se with analog cluster. Any help on this matter will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Lay

Rogue
07-10-2002, 05:52 AM
u need the analog tach and you need the HUD cluster, The HUD module, and the Sub wire harness.

FUtec2k
07-10-2002, 06:29 AM
Ih you want the actual "HUD" and not just the digital speedo, then you are going to need a piece of special film (on thw windshield) that the HUD projects onto. You may have to buy a whole new windshield, I don't know.

Rogue
07-10-2002, 06:32 AM
oh yea i forgot about the film.. hmm maybe he could use the film for some of those defi guages.

VikTurboZ
07-10-2002, 08:05 AM
you can use any peice of tint

i just integrated the HUD onto my Z.. and you need a peice of film.. say of mirrior tint or medim darkness film.. to cancel out the double image that the HUD projects

Vik

you need the full dash and the sub-wire harness that it connects to

**DONOTDELETE**
07-10-2002, 09:18 AM
ok thanks for the response. Is it simple as plug and play? or do I need to modify anything. Is there directions anywhere that I can follow?

Thanks,
Lay

**DONOTDELETE**
07-10-2002, 09:22 AM
It's a simple plug and play...just be sure to substitute out the analog subharness to the HUD subharness.

Vincent_VII
07-10-2002, 09:53 AM
So... switching from digital to analog should be the same, right?
I'm getting tired of my digital... doesn't read correctly when changing speeds quickly. It can't keep up.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-10-2002, 10:42 AM
Should be the same. Just be sure to get the subharness.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-10-2002, 10:42 AM
Is there a way to get the best of both worlds? Having analog and HUD? If so how and if it is easy?

Thanks,
Lay

sharrisct25
07-10-2002, 10:48 AM
Not easy I looked at this and based on my FSM and some trial and error you would need to do some serious soldering and basically wire up the digital speedo and HUD to the analog dash.

I decided to skip it due to the complication and I am not exactly shy with that type of thing.

Would LOVE for somebody to prove me wrong and do it with ease!

VikTurboZ
07-10-2002, 01:59 PM
well i did it.. but i did it in my Z
which was much harder than just doing it in 240's.. all you need to do is sit down for a bit with the wiring diagram and trace back wires.. but if your using identical year 240's etc.. it shouldnt be that much of a problem.. you might not need a FSM.. just a good keen eye and some light ..so you can match colors..

i have kept my stock dash.. and just extended the wire harnesses for both the HUD and the Digital Dash.. (cause you need the digital speedo.. as it is the controller unit for the HUD LCD)

i chucked the digital Speedo in my glove box.. (will enventually make a nice plastic face etc.. and i installed the HUD ontop of my dash cowel.. looks great.. beter than in the 240! due to its position on my windshield.. its right at eye level off to the left! i love it..

Vik

[ 07-10-2002, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: VikTurboZ ]