PDA

View Full Version : Maxima & Gtech

Mel E Bog
02-18-2001, 03:25 PM
Has anyone Gteched the new Max yet in auto or 5speed. Just wondering what kind of times it would pull up.

Mel

**DONOTDELETE**
02-18-2001, 09:33 PM
I know the 00' and 01' Max handles better than the previous gen..But if memory serves,one of the car mags (Motor Trend I believe) got a 6.6 sec run to 60 from a 96' SE 5 speed. The best time ive read on a "new Max" is 6.7.Im sure it has somthing to do with the 00' being heavier,altough it has more HP to help compensate.I love how advertising works..alot of folks who are not "into" Nissan like we are think the 00' and 01' Max are just "all that" acceleration wise now...little do they know this "secret" has been known by some for over half a decade!

thearabian
02-18-2001, 11:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zcarnut:
I know the 00' and 01' Max handles better than the previous gen..But if memory serves,one of the car mags (Motor Trend I believe) got a 6.6 sec run to 60 from a 96' SE 5 speed. The best time ive read on a "new Max" is 6.7.Im sure it has somthing to do with the 00' being heavier,altough it has more HP to help compensate.I love how advertising works..alot of folks who are not "into" Nissan like we are think the 00' and 01' Max are just "all that" acceleration wise now...little do they know this "secret" has been known by some for over half a decade! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nevermind half a decade, the 1992 Max SE had a 0-60 of 6.7 secs, and independent suspension and better interior materials and etc...

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2001, 10:40 AM
Thats true..I didnt mention that car because it wasnt the V/Q..but your right.(The 92'-94 SE motor had some reliability issues and got 5 less MPG too)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thearabian:
nevermind half a decade, the 1992 Max SE had a 0-60 of 6.7 secs, and independent suspension and better interior materials and etc...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>