PDA

View Full Version : NEW Z motor choice

**DONOTDELETE**
09-03-2000, 02:42 PM
I think the best choice for the new Z motor is the RB 25 Turbo. It's a six, it's turbo, and it in nearly every Nissan in Japan. 250Z. The RB 26 should stay with the Skyline. Plus the RB 25 produces same power/torque 280ps, just no as much potential, as the 2600.

If Nissan is worried, crank the boost down, and make it 230-250. Then people who want to boost it up, will. No warrantee claims on blown turbos, (lets face it, Americans are bad on maintenance, especially on Turbo cars) and satisfy the enthusiast. just a thought.

ekisela@hotmail.com

Mel E Bog
09-03-2000, 03:15 PM
I think they should stick with the VQ35DE or the DD. Thats what they said they're going to put in there. Plus it'll put out 300 hp without turbos. Imagine that thing with turbos.

Mel

**DONOTDELETE**
09-05-2000, 09:59 AM
You just have to remember that little thing about Nissan not being able to convert the RB-Series engine to left hand drive. If you can't convert the engine to left hand drive, then it isn't even worth bringing the idea up.

Mel E Bog
09-05-2000, 11:15 AM
They never really said that it couldn't be converted to LHD, they just said it wasn't really economical to do so. Its been done already and there is a company in the US that is working on a conversion also.

Mel

JonCarson
09-08-2000, 02:43 AM
Yes, and I remember the issue being specifically that they couldn't easily convert the RB26DETT to LHD.

Now, it may still be just as difficult to convert the RB25DET, but their are differences between the two engines. Maybe just a few small differences could mean LHD conversion is a possibility.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-08-2000, 09:29 AM
The VQ35DE is still a more viable decision.
There is more room for improvement, and it's plenty strong for a lots more power!
http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif

thearabian
09-08-2000, 04:27 PM
The VQ is SUCH a mass production engine that it would be unwise NOT to use it in these times

**DONOTDELETE**
09-08-2000, 09:01 PM
We all know the new Z is going to have the VQ V6 ok. We all know the VQ is the "best V6." Why are you complaining about it. I ahve owned both types of VQ's 3.0 MAXIMA and 3.5 Pathfinder and I can say the both hall ass. Th RB is old and not cost effective. And all the new Nissan engines are based of the VQ so if you don't like the engine then your scerwed. In my opinion the Vq is the best choice and the most cost effective. And the VQ is the best Nissan engine ever produced so far. And I bet all my money that and VQ 3.0ddtt could beat any RB TT TYPE ENGINE ANYDAY

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2000, 01:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpeedyNissan:
We all know the new Z is going to have the VQ V6 ok. We all know the VQ is the "best V6." Why are you complaining about it. I ahve owned both types of VQ's 3.0 MAXIMA and 3.5 Pathfinder and I can say the both hall ass. Th RB is old and not cost effective. And all the new Nissan engines are based of the VQ so if you don't like the engine then your scerwed. In my opinion the Vq is the best choice and the most cost effective. And the VQ is the best Nissan engine ever produced so far. And I bet all my money that and VQ 3.0ddtt could beat any RB TT TYPE ENGINE ANYDAY<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have obviously never driven an RB26DETT, i have driven one with 600hp, that is just a very mild tune as well, I know of a guy who has has R32 tuned to 1350hp, I don't think you'll ever get that out of a VQ, and by the way this is coming from a VQ owner, I have a 99 Maxima.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2000, 02:23 PM
what kind of gas mileage does a 1350hp car get anyway? or even a 800hp car? just curious.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-11-2000, 09:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nsuguy:
what kind of gas mileage does a 1350hp car get anyway? or even a 800hp car? just curious.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Put it this way, you can actually SEE the fuel gauge plummeting, when you are mad enough to tune a car to that kind of HP you don't worry about the Petrol, instead of a fuel gauge you have a dollar gauge!

**DONOTDELETE**
09-19-2000, 08:51 PM
Actually, if you drive the car like a normal human, and it's tuned well, not much different from standard. 900cc inj do spit lots of fuel when it's floored though.

Eric