PDA

View Full Version : Final on RB engines.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2000, 10:06 AM
Final note on the RB's. They were in Laurels, Cefiros, Skylines, Z cars (Z31),and the GTR with the 26. All these cars have been tuned.

Thank you Z beast. All I was trying to say was the inline 6 provides simplicity. I know the V motor are good, hell, I have a BNR32, it's a 10 year old car now, and I am looking to buy a 35 GTR if it has the same package(4wd,4ws,) Furthermore, my car is only 550 ps, but I have a plan to make around 750ps. No way near to full potential, but still daily driveable. Proof, my friend has a 800 + hp, T88 33D 22cm, 2.7l, none stroker. It's all in the tuning.

That being said, the VQ should have high horse potential , but limited to pkg space.
But I didn't buy my 1990 GTR on power potential alone, it's very quiet (even mine), smooth, good package....I'm done.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2000, 12:38 PM
I know the RB's are great engines, but you do know that they are going to be retired after the R34, Nissan is going all v6 which is a pity.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-11-2000, 06:39 PM
I've read somewhere that there are only two configurations of an engine that are free from some kind of vibrations, and they are I-6 and V-12.

Can someone elaborate on that ???

**DONOTDELETE**
09-20-2000, 06:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Poligraf:
I've read somewhere that there are only two configurations of an engine that are free from some kind of vibrations, and they are I-6 and V-12.

Can someone elaborate on that ???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually,there are three: a V8, an F6, and an I4....or it might have been an I6 and an F4........but I remember it being one flat configuration, one vee configuration, and one inline configuration......gimme some more time and I'll post later to be sure...

**DONOTDELETE**
09-21-2000, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Archaleus:
Actually,there are three: a V8, an F6, and an I4....or it might have been an I6 and an F4........but I remember it being one flat configuration, one vee configuration, and one inline configuration......gimme some more time and I'll post later to be sure...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a 90 degree V8, an I6, an F6, and a 60 degree V12. There are probably others that just aren't used because of strange layout. An F4 (a la Subaru) is pretty good but not perfect- has some 2nd order moments. A 60 deg V6 is also pretty good - most V6's are laid out this way. The VW VR6 is the only exception that really comes to mind.