PDA

View Full Version : will you actually get the Z?

240fan
09-13-2000, 09:14 AM
it looks like In 2 years I will be in a position to afford the <30k price range unless dealers are chiseling people.

will engine choice make your mind up?
or would it be price?

I am not too worried about the engine choice I do hope its a turbo so I can go wild when the warranty runs out. to me a sportscar shouldnt be heavy or feel heavy it should be fast light and nimble.
what about the interior it should be black so you can repaint the car later on I hope good fabric is available not just leather. I like retro (round) gauges or digital gauges in retro bezels.. just my two cents.

240fan
09-13-2000, 12:50 PM
Nismo, yeah I drove a mustang and hated it. everyone I talk to says they rock to me it felt like a sherman tank.

Mo
09-13-2000, 03:50 PM
I will not buy it if it looks like the picture on the first page. If I want Porsche look a like I would get the real thing. I want a car that is distinguishable like Z32, you could look at that car a mile away and know what it is. That is a kind of car Nissan need to buid. If Nissan does not know how to design the new Z then just bring the Z32 with less weight.

Mo
09-13-2000, 04:08 PM
I will not buy it if it looks like the picture on the first page. If I want Porsche look a like I would get the real thing. I want a car that is distinguishable like Z32, you could look at that car a mile away and know what it is. That is a kind of car Nissan need to buid. If Nissan does not know how to design the new Z then just bring the Z32 with less weight.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-13-2000, 04:39 PM
WELL if the Z cost around 25-30k then count me in to purchase one. Right now I am only 16 and I have a turbcharged VW GTI, but I would give it up for the new Z anyday. I get my parents to buy the new Z for me as a grad. present http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif There the one's who purchased my GTI (15,000) So I don't think they'll mind Coughing up another 10k for me if a grad. NOT! they'll probably make me work for like 5k and give the other 5k. I wanna be the first in my school to be driving a 2003 Z. One other thing the Z better have one killer stereo. A.K.A BOSE, MONSOON,INFINITY,ETC. cuz I have a tight stereo and I don't feel like spending another 1.5k on a system.

Nismo
09-13-2000, 11:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>...a sportscar shouldnt be heavy or feel heavy it should be fast light and nimble.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Exactly. If it's heavy, or if it 'feels' heavy to drive, then count me out. Should be fast and light, with real track ability. If it's as quick and nimble around the racetrack as an S2000, then count me in--that little car can put turboed Porsches to shame when run on a real roadcoarse.

A $25k pricetag would be icing on the cake, but only if they can do it without destroying quality along the way, a la Chevrolet Camaro.

Infiniti
09-13-2000, 11:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 240fan:
I am not too worried about the engine choice I do hope its a turbo so I can go wild when the warranty runs out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont expect a turbo because there is amuch chance of it having one as Screech going out with Tyra Banks- none! It wont need a Turbo anyway. All it does is add wieght and price to a car that wants to be priced low.

240fan
09-14-2000, 07:42 AM
I am sure its covered elsewhere but heres my wish list
weight 2800 pounds or less
minimal front overhang
engine -vq35 with dual exhausts and 3" pipes so people dont have to upgrade it.
tranny-a tiptronic optional tranny
tranny-a 6 speed std equipment with monster overdrive for long trips with good economy.
nice plush black interior with semi retro dashboard and leather sport trim on wheel, shifter, overhead console
suspension-heavy sway bars and adjustable konis and strut tower brace(the mitsubishi GT has them std now)
tires- 16" dont even think about 15".

Infiniti
09-14-2000, 12:05 PM
I think 17's (wheels) might be possible and at least make Z rated tires an option

**DONOTDELETE**
09-14-2000, 01:38 PM
16??? Shooooot, we got those now! Hirshberg says the new Z is very wheel oriented. I say make those puppies 18 standard, and if not then 17's with an option on 18's! http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 240fan:
I am sure its covered elsewhere but heres my wish list
weight 2800 pounds or less
minimal front overhang
engine -vq35 with dual exhausts and 3" pipes so people dont have to upgrade it.
tranny-a tiptronic optional tranny
tranny-a 6 speed std equipment with monster overdrive for long trips with good economy.
nice plush black interior with semi retro dashboard and leather sport trim on wheel, shifter, overhead console
suspension-heavy sway bars and adjustable konis and strut tower brace(the mitsubishi GT has them std now)
tires- 16" dont even think about 15".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
09-14-2000, 06:25 PM
Probably http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/wink.gif

If it is roomy and comfortable; if it is better than new RX-7; if it won't have a lot of problems during the first year.

240fan
09-29-2000, 12:17 PM
whoa freshalloy news new article says 0-60 in 4s or 5s for sure, for 25-30k I will def get one.
(sorry not 16" 17 is a good compromise, anyone who wants 18 should want to pick their own rims anyway)

**DONOTDELETE**
09-30-2000, 10:09 PM
If Nissan can be true to the promises they've made so far about the new Z car, you can count me in!!

**DONOTDELETE**
10-01-2000, 03:34 PM
You can easily count me in, hell yeah, I have been dreaming of the day that I pull off the lot with my new Z since my 84 died about a year ago. One thing I hadn't thought about yet but I really want is a digital dash similar from my 84. I love that thing. Having both numerical and graphical representations of the different stats of the car. I especially love the tach graph, if none of you have ever seen that look around the internet and maybe there are some shots. It was so cool how it would go out to the right as the rpms raised and at the same time raise upwards as the throttle raised (i think it was based on throttle) and if you were able to get it to follow this one curve that was pretty much optimum performance.

I had seen a spec sheet of the ecu some time in 99 that a nissan engineer in japan sent someone I know. I didn't know what a lot of the stuff was and a lot of the others was just normal stuff like alarm and such. Two nice little features is that it has auto up and down windows on both sides and it has automatically activating windshield wipers based on moisture sensors in windshield. They may have changed since then cuz it was a while ago but it was kind of a hint that they are gonna follow the same type of idea of having interesting ahead of their time gadgets.

MaximaBoy2000
10-05-2000, 11:10 PM
I agree with you SilverGT about the digital dash. I remember seeing those on my friend's 85 maxima when I was a kid . The guy who owned the car was the only one in the area that had it. Everybody else had the plain old analog dash maximas. They were always talking about his car. I just wish nissan would bring back as an option.

[This message has been edited by MaximaBoy2000 (edited 10-05-2000).]

240fan
10-06-2000, 06:29 AM
silver I hope they dont load it up with electronic gizmos, I have no need in a sportscar. but I had 2 chevies with digital dashes and I liked them a lot. esp the metric/us button to show speed in Km/hr I dont like power locks or windows, or power seats, or thermometers, altimiters ,inclinometers or MPG calculators it doesnt add to the driving experience IMHO.

on another note I just got a good job, I might not wait till 2003, just pick up a
95-97 Z car.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-06-2000, 12:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverGT:
You can easily count me in, hell yeah, I have been dreaming of the day that I pull off the lot with my new Z since my 84 died about a year ago. One thing I hadn't thought about yet but I really want is a digital dash similar from my 84. I love that thing. Having both numerical and graphical representations of the different stats of the car. I especially love the tach graph, if none of you have ever seen that look around the internet and maybe there are some shots. It was so cool how it would go out to the right as the rpms raised and at the same time raise upwards as the throttle raised (i think it was based on throttle) and if you were able to get it to follow this one curve that was pretty much optimum performance.

I had seen a spec sheet of the ecu some time in 99 that a nissan engineer in japan sent someone I know. I didn't know what a lot of the stuff was and a lot of the others was just normal stuff like alarm and such. Two nice little features is that it has auto up and down windows on both sides and it has automatically activating windshield wipers based on moisture sensors in windshield. They may have changed since then cuz it was a while ago but it was kind of a hint that they are gonna follow the same type of idea of having interesting ahead of their time gadgets.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What happened with your Z ???

Speaking of the vertical bar on the digital dash tachometer, it is probably for the boost, at least on turbo cars (like mine).

Unfortunately, electronics in eighties were not that good, so I'm on my second digital dash power supply module.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-06-2000, 08:57 PM
I will proudly drive my 74 260z untill the new one arrives and become a two Z family!

240fan
10-11-2000, 01:12 PM
http://www.nissan-usa.com/21st_century/z.html
It still says a 200hp ka24de. why wont they update it we know its going to be the VQ http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2000, 06:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverGT:

I had seen a spec sheet of the ecu some time in 99 that a nissan engineer in japan sent someone I know. I didn't know what a lot of the stuff was and a lot of the others was just normal stuff like alarm and such. Two nice little features is that it has auto up and down windows on both sides and it has automatically activating windshield wipers based on moisture sensors in windshield. They may have changed since then cuz it was a while ago but it was kind of a hint that they are gonna follow the same type of idea of having interesting ahead of their time gadgets.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, when I first got my 87 z with digital dash, and I had already made some assumptions as to what the vertical bars meant. Well, one day seeing as I had nothing else to do, I pulled out my driver's manual, and low and behold, there it was. It indicates the extra horsepower being produced at that particular rpm. (Sorry if I sounded a little sarcastic, I did not mean it that way. I was just giving a little background). So, your assumption of acceleration was not too far off the mark.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-24-2000, 08:08 AM
Ok, now all you people who are talking about buying one, have you actually SEEN the car?? The design is horrible! When it was presented during Geneva, all it got was negative reviews and complaints. It doesn't hardly even resemble the original, and they really are following the trends of everyone else and going for comfort sedans and all that crap like their Sentra. That's the whole reason we haven't seen a new Z 'til this. Because Nissan had to follow everyone else in the family car trend. Well this should have been COMPLETELY a sports car. The only things that signifies anything of "sports car" is the 300hp. And even then, you can buy a used twin turbo Z and fix it up and get (what I beleive) a better sports car. Any Z fan would know that this is a disgrace to the original and would rather spend that kind of money buying an older Z and fixing it up. That's what I'll do with my 25K, and I beleive that the true Z fans would do that as well. http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/mad.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-01-2000, 05:53 PM
I have a 1975 280Z, a 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo, and I am waiting with bated breath for the new Z car. If it is anything like my other two...Looks, handeling, performance, etc. Bet your azz that I will be getting another one! http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/grin.gif

By the way, I also have a 1990 240SX and in High School I had an '86 200SX XE... You could say that I kinda like Nissans!!

Long Live the Z Car!!

Christa "ZchickAZ"
VP, Desert Z Association

Late at night, in parking garages everywhere, other cars chant... "We're not Worthy!"

**DONOTDELETE**
12-01-2000, 10:14 PM
Well, I think for me, it all comes down to the looks, if its gonna look like what I saw in the previous post, then I'll pass.

I'm just waiting right now. If the Z really looks good when it is release then i'll go get one, but if its focus looking, Im gonna go buy myself a 97 toyota Supra Twin Turbo instead. Don't you guys agree with me here. The first thing people in the streets look at is the looks, not on how much power you got or how fast you can make a turn. You can get all that, in aftermarket parts. First impression is always the way to draw people in to loving the a new car.