PDA

View Full Version : the real story behind the red z on the magazine cover

**DONOTDELETE**
01-04-2001, 10:01 PM
I have just finished reading a small article on the bottom of page 14 in the new issue of Automobile Magazine(february 2001). The article was about the red Z shown below. Automobile Magazine wrote,"For the staff at Japan's Best Car magazine, the anticipated unveiling of a near-final version of the new Nissan Z-car at January's Detriot show became a little too anticipated. So they took matters into there own hands. Using scoop data and Nissan's teaser photo that showed the rear quarter of the real Z, the crew at Best Car had thier new Z drawn up, built, and on the road in twenty days flat.
Unlike Nissan, they had a donor car to start with. They wont say which (we suspect a Mazda Miata) but, whatever they used, it was cunningly reworked with fibergless and not a little skill. The Best Car Z even came with custom side glass, headlights, badge, and licence plate. When it was finished, Best Car showed it to a suprised Carlos Gohsen. Laughing, the combative Nissan chief congradulated them on thier undercover effort. "Your Z is good, but ours is better. Please compare with the real one at the Detroit show," he said, according to the Japanese translation. As for the real deal, Best Car predicts that the final design will debut at the October's Tokyo show. The new 3.3liter V.6 Z-car (turbo and normally aspirated) goes on sale in mid-2002." http://www.floydian.com/~seedyrom/300ZX/NewZ/z.jpg

**DONOTDELETE**
01-05-2001, 07:21 AM
just a few more days to answer the engine question...

oh, and i still like that car. at the very least, it looks one hell of a lot better than that victimized tt http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-05-2001, 07:01 PM
man, i didn't think any mag would go to such lengths, but anyway, it's kind of impressive

**DONOTDELETE**
01-05-2001, 08:01 PM
you know, as i look at that cover, what's up with the random english?

garak
01-05-2001, 08:47 PM
I am not a linguist but I am pretty sure that the reason for the "ramdom" english is because the Japineese language has does not have any words that really match good for a translation. For instance, if you were to go there you will see a lot of things in english, not to accomidate us. Please do not flame me if I am not correct (:

Garak

**DONOTDELETE**
01-09-2001, 03:11 PM
true, also the Japanese learn english in school, so they can read it and speak it.

stonefield
01-09-2001, 06:22 PM
Majority of Japanese can speak at least some English. It is a trendy thing to have english in ads and on merchandise.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-21-2001, 08:39 AM
Yes!! Our language is trendy!!