PDA

View Full Version : Production version of the new Z

Deadpool
02-07-2001, 10:27 AM
By busybeetoys I might add. Here it is.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1196984&a=8823065&p=40322629&Sequence=0&res=high

**DONOTDELETE**
02-07-2001, 11:17 AM
Oh crap!! The look of that thing goes along with what Motor Trend said in their article. They said that they've seen the clay model of the production Z and that it has a smaller grille in the front and smaller wheels. That might be the real thing!!

But how come the steering wheel is on the right? Is Japan/Europe getting the car at the same time as us?

Deadpool
02-07-2001, 11:21 AM
yea. European model.

Deadpool
02-07-2001, 11:23 AM
also notice the door handles

**DONOTDELETE**
02-07-2001, 12:04 PM
hey, arent those headlights supposed to be toned down just a bit? the front grille goes look better but i'd lose the Acura-TL style wheels in favor of some 5-spoke rims.

Infiniti
02-07-2001, 02:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kamryn:
Oh crap!! The look of that thing goes along with what Motor Trend said in their article. They said that they've seen the clay model of the production Z and that it has a smaller grille in the front and smaller wheels. That might be the real thing!!

But how come the steering wheel is on the right? Is Japan/Europe getting the car at the same time as us?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, settle down. Dont get fooled so easily by these magazines pictures/articles. First of all, this a PHOTOSHOPED pic that some people at Best Car Mag did. If youve been to the busybee site, you know is says below the picture that it is Best Cars GUESTIMATE of the production Z. If you closly read MT, you also know that the vertical door handles are guarenteed for production. Why is the steering wheel on the right side? Because it is photoshoped by a japaneese magazine. They took a LHD Z and put it on the right side. Or maybe they took a Jap Z pic or whatever. It doesnt matter, its photoshopped. Dont be so gullable to these things. (and you expected the 20 inch rims to make it to production? That would be ridiculous)

**DONOTDELETE**
02-08-2001, 06:57 AM
Sorry Infiniti! I didn't actually go to the site and read the notice about it being a guestimate. I think the Motor Trend article said that Nissan was fighting for the door handles, but there's safety reasons why they might not make it to production. (But I gotta admit that I didn't look at the handles when I saw that pic.)

**DONOTDELETE**
02-08-2001, 12:33 PM
I like this front bumper more actually.

http://members.tripod.com/yankitman

Infiniti
02-09-2001, 01:54 AM
They said something similar to that but at the edn of the paragraph they say that Nissan is comitted to the door handles period. I like those door handles (the verticle ones) so Im happy about that. http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-09-2001, 06:17 PM
I like the lights better than the showcar's lights. It looks like they have black housing instead of chrome.
in the MT article they said that the show car had blue LED's in the door handles, so when you touched the handle it lit up blue...cool
man i hope we get those verticle door handles...the ones on the pic above are just too generic and boring.
and i also hope we get some six-spoke wheels! similar to the ones that came on the '76 280z, just modernized.