PDA

View Full Version : Question: Rims for SPEC V?

**DONOTDELETE**
05-09-2002, 11:27 PM
I have a few questions. I am getting ready to buy some new rims for my spec V. I know what rims i'm going with, i just dont know whether i'm going to stay with 17 in., or go up to 18 in. are there any advantages or disadvantages to upgrading to 18 in. rims? images/icons/confused.gif I have heard good things & bad things about upgrading to larger rims. Also, would there be any problems that can arise with the spec v specifically? if i decide to lower my car will it make a significant difference? what's everyones thoughts on this?

**DONOTDELETE**
05-10-2002, 02:20 AM
i order a set of 18 for myself
i think 18 will look really good on b15
but of course some people think its too big, too heavy so the performace will be affected, but i am all for the show
if u want to drop the car, u cant drop too low with 18, lower will increase the chance of rubbing

215/35/18 is almost the same size as 215/45/17
but with 35 series tires, the ride will be pretty bumpy

gamaliel
05-10-2002, 06:33 AM
Yep, you're going to lose some ride comfort if you go with 18s...and maybe some handling/cornering performance.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-10-2002, 07:29 AM
The 17's almost look too big IMHO. I'd stick with the same size if I were you (I did, actually images/icons/grin.gif ) D@mn, I need to take some pics of the new wheels for you guys, they look great!