PDA

View Full Version : "Motoring 2002" SpecV review

**DONOTDELETE**
06-01-2002, 02:49 PM
Anybody else watch the SpecV review today on TSN (here in Canada)?

It was a short review. The host gave the cars power/suspension/handling a good review. He said it was probably the best compact sport for the $$.

However he really did not like the seats, and compared them to "fishnet stockings". images/icons/shocked.gif He also commented on how nasty the LSD was in wet driving conditions and that it was "more of a liability" since you can spin the tires through to 3rd gear (geez...you can do that on dry pavement with this car!!!).

His closing statement basically said that he would recommend buying the SE-R over the SpecV version. He basically said that the extra 10hp, LSD and funky interior/stereo was not worth the extra money! images/icons/confused.gif

I would like to see what others though of this review.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-01-2002, 02:52 PM
Oh yeah...one more important thing.
They were driving a "Blue" SpecV.
images/icons/grin.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-01-2002, 03:19 PM
****ty review IMO.

He talks about how great it is performance wise, then they give it 3 out of 5 for bang for the buck.

LAST WEEK THE TOYOTA COROLLA S GOT 4.5 OUT OF 5.

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!

I agree on the seats. There is nothing wrogn with the guages though.

And the LSD is a benefit in any condition.

If you are in the rain, at WOT in third gear and you start to drift...GENIUS!!!!!! take your foot of the gas.

I expected something like that though as Motoring isn't the most performance oriented testers.

Also, he talks about how much cheaper the SE-R is than the Spec, but in reality, the difference in a grand. The sport package is what affects the price.