PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Review on G20

shmivel
06-06-2002, 06:59 PM
Not all will agree, but there are some interesting opinions expressed here. They will mean much more to anyone that has ever owned a G20.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/

limits_at_infiniti
06-06-2002, 09:04 PM
the 1st generation was pretty swift, a zippy little car it was.

the 99-00 had some kick, but i guess htat added wieght or somethign slowed it down.

recentley in consumer reports it won most reliable car.

go g20

[ 06-06-2002, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Gee35 ]

NJerseyDawg
06-07-2002, 07:28 AM
Nice review. Disagree on the styling though. Still think the design is one of the best on the road today.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-08-2002, 02:26 PM
The G20 is a great car. I love the styling. I know it wouldnt go with Infinitis new forward approach, but too bad they couldnt pop the SE-R/Altima 2.5L I-4 in there, give it some 17"s. That would be even better.

malvineberg
06-08-2002, 04:01 PM
I just helped a friend of mine buy the last G20 with an automatic that the dealership had, as her lease was up on the 1999 she had. Great price, but I went to the article and almost passed out when I looked as the resale values, her lease payoff was 16K and when I saw the numbers I thought I had "done her wrong". Then the light went on the the Toronto side of my brain, exchange rate, ding ding ding. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

rck01
06-09-2002, 08:10 PM
I nearly bought a 2002 G20 Sport - my '99 G20t had just gone through it's first clutch at 52K miles and I was looking to move into a newer vehicle with fresh warranty, etc. The I saw that shiny new G35 sitting in the showroom. Having been burned one too many times at the stop light (even with the 5-speed, the G20 was not exactly quick off the line), and wanting to move up a bit on the luxury scale (I bought the premium package with wood/xenon), I bit the bullet and went for the G35.

It's a decision I will never regret - the G35 is truly in a different class, both in terms of power (260HP/260lb-ft.) and agility (gotta luv a RWD platform). The only downside was my trade: I managed to get just 10K (US dollars) for my only slightly blemished G20 (small ding on the front bumper). Truly, not the best resale experience.

RCK

fatddyslam69
08-26-2002, 05:18 PM
OMG>..of coarse if you are going to a dealer for resale it would be horrible...are you kidding me. Dealerships drain the crap out of you when it comes to trading your car in. You can buy a 60k Q...take it to any dealership and he will offer you like 35k or 40k...it is soooo bad...you should have sold that G...hell i would have bought one like that for like 15k...hahahaha....im just joking, but seriously no one should EVER rely on dealerships to say that resale value on their car sucks.... :mad: :grin:

baco99
08-28-2002, 09:20 PM
i think the G20t is a fantastic little car. my wife drives it mostly and it is very reliable. we are fast approaching 18,000 miles and the only rattle comes from the Bose amp attached to the rear decklid (i need to fix that!).

it's not the fastest or the biggest car in its class, but it feels good, handles well (although not as well as either of my Contours...stinkin beam rear axle!), and has plenty of speed when you need it. although, i wish we had purchased the 5 speed.