PDA

View Full Version : 5spd G20??

**DONOTDELETE**
06-28-2002, 10:34 AM
This may be a stupid question, but did the 1999 g20's come with a 5spd? and if so how rare are they to find?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-28-2002, 10:43 AM
The 99 G20 is the body that is still currently being run (although ending very soon). Since it is still the current body, I think they are quite common, but it might be tough to find a 5-speed, since more of the G20's that are bought are auto's. To make your search even more tough, I doubt that there would be many for sale.

On a side note. I was just driving home, and I saw a silver G20 sport with the 16" rims. Man, that is a good looking car!

**DONOTDELETE**
06-28-2002, 10:45 AM
Forgot to put this in. Very good article.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jc/99-02g20.htm

rck01
06-28-2002, 10:51 AM
I traded a '99 G20t 5-speed for my G35. It was a great little car - I pushed it to 130MPH once on a particulary lonely stretch in Eastern Washington State. Very nice handling, even at speed, and fairly comfortable on long trips. My only gripe was the lack of power. Even with the 5-speed you really had to stomp on it to make it perform. One of the reasons why I love the new G-car: It moves with authority.

RCK

**DONOTDELETE**
07-30-2002, 05:08 PM
I own a 2000 G20T 5 speed. It probably the best bet for a 4 banger. I tried both (manual/auto) and the manual seems much faster. Well you know why...

fatddyslam69
08-25-2002, 09:50 PM
i like the G20 a lot...i am buying one in the next month or so...i didnt think you would need to do it, but i am ordering one. The current dealerships in so cali dont have the G20 in sport available anymore. They say that most of them get sent to other parts of california and that they are in high demand...the sport i mean...and that with the car ending its production soon....i am gettin a little apprehensive. I am getting a 2002...or maybe a 2003 if they call it that. It it black, with the body colored grill...16" CHROME sport rims...the fog lights...rear bumper...a 6cd changer. One thing that is cool on the sports feature is that the leather inside comes in two colors. The outside of the leather....like the bolsters, it black and the middle area both on the seat and seatback is white......its reall amazing. I am still debating with my parents on what to spend my money on, because i have been working all summer for this car and i want to know if they would let me get it...i really hope they do. I will tell u guys if i buy it, and i will definately post pictures.....cross your fingers for me. And one more thing...i am not too sure on how hard it is to find the 5spd g20 but what is the need for a 1999? Try going on www.autotrader.com or yahoo's auto section. They arent too rare to find where i live....but maybe it is different...good luck, and cross your fingers for me... :grin: