PDA

View Full Version : I30 commercial, Audi A6 commercial

thearabian
07-18-2000, 09:01 PM
I just saw an I30 commercial, its the one where the sunshade deploys and u see the tree shadow following the car on the road. very nice...

I also saw an amazing commerical of the Audi A6 with Quattro. The car was driving on a beach with some water depth and it was tugging a water skiier! absolutely marvelous!
reminds me the "not that you would, but you could" motto...

noelsaw
07-18-2000, 09:13 PM
The I30 commercial is nice...

but the A6 commercial kicks ass! I wonder if that was originally a European commercial cuz the disclaimer says "European model shown." My favorite disclaimer though was "this may void your warranty."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thearabian:
I just saw an I30 commercial, its the one where the sunshade deploys and u see the tree shadow following the car on the road. very nice...

I also saw an amazing commerical of the Audi A6 with Quattro. The car was driving on a beach with some water depth and it was tugging a water skiier! absolutely marvelous!
reminds me the "not that you would, but you could" motto...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ChuckH
07-19-2000, 01:03 AM
My understanding is that the A6 was filmed in Australia and was originally released in Europe. The A6 used was a special built car (what I heard again!) shipped to Australia specifically for the commercial. It has the standard body, but actually has the V8 engine in it. The normal V8 models are actually longer, wider (flared fenders), and have larger wheels. I also understand that the car was actually driven through the water and that is not computer done. Without question, it is one of the best car commercials I have seen.

Having driven and owned several quattro equipped Audi's I will say that that commercial is not at all far fetched and I'm sure the car used had standard tires on it. That being said, my Xterra still has more ground clearance! http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif

Charles

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by noelsaw:
The I30 commercial is nice...

but the A6 commercial kicks ass! I wonder if that was originally a European commercial cuz the disclaimer says "European model shown." My favorite disclaimer though was "this may void your warranty."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>