PDA

View Full Version : Toyota WILL

Max Ima
08-06-2000, 07:12 PM
Toyota is thinking about bringing this thing over to the states. (Echo replacement?) Go to whatswill.com and check it out. I think we need to discuss this one.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-06-2000, 09:28 PM
It sure is alot better looking than the Echo, hopefully it won't rollover http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/grin.gif

2HD
08-07-2000, 07:08 AM
MY GOD! WHAT DID MY EYES JUST SEE! It rivals Echo in uglyness. What is Toyota trying to do anyways, why do they think they got some kind of New New Beetle, making it look retro and stuff in the pictures. I've had enough of the ugly sh*t Toyotas putting out on the road these days. Do they do any kind of Market research at all. If this is something for us young people all I can say is their a few decades early it's too ugly to be seen in public with, but at least you'll get noticed though, noticed and smaked on the head for being stupid enough to buy such a thing.

Max Ima
08-07-2000, 03:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nissanfanatic:
all their new designs are ugly TOYOTAs going down<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Their new designs are fugly. But their sales numbers are monstrous. Of course, they're making big money on the Tundra. (Sequoia will feed the bank, too.) Plus, they don't monkey with their bread and butter cars (Camry/Corolla). I don't think they're going down in our lifetime.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-08-2000, 12:35 AM
all their new designs are ugly TOYOTAs going down

JonCarson
08-08-2000, 07:16 PM
Echo, Prius, and that thing called WILL are all the lastest Japanese designs.

Small cars with tall, boxy designs are the really popular over there right now.

TwinTurboZX
08-23-2000, 05:46 PM
Toyota made their niche in the market with the Camry and now they think that the public is blind and they'll buy anything with the Toyota name on it. I guess Toyota is just as conceided as Honda is. http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/blush.gif The real sad part is that there are a lot stupid people in this world who would pay for cars such as the Echo just because of the name.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-23-2000, 09:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carsonjon:
Echo, Prius, and that thing called WILL are all the lastest Japanese designs.

Small cars with tall, boxy designs are the really popular over there right now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I think that they've been always popular because space is really in demand. I've seen people use golf carts to get around small Japanese towns, and many people have to rent cramped parking spaces because their houses are not so equipped. Gas is generally expensive as well. Though I understand the myriad of sarcastic criticisms against tall and small cars in the United States, I am not sure if people understand the environment that bred them. On the other hand, Toyota would probably do itself a favor by leaving the Echo and Will out of North America -- but that's what the survey at whatswill.com was for, I guess . . .

Also, Toyota (with the exception of its affiliate Daihatsu) seems to be the the last company to enter this current small car market. Correct me if I am wrong.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-24-2000, 04:40 AM
This must be what you "Will" get if two Pontiac Azteks mate... http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/shocked.gif Hideous! What 's really frightening is the target market - those people who are legally blind and still licensed to drive.

[This message has been edited by EarSplittenLoudenBoomer (edited 08-25-2000).]