PDA

View Full Version : New Acura RSX PICS

**DONOTDELETE**
01-08-2001, 05:42 AM
looks like a toyota paseo. that thing is just nasty. i hate it but good. its a honda what can u expect.

hiwayman17
01-08-2001, 06:23 AM
Damn, I want one!

tbear
01-08-2001, 07:43 AM
I think honda just made a mistake regarding to styling. The rear looks old and tired, although the front looks OK. The interior, however, is plain and not exciting.
The engine is 220hp for the vspec, that's good, however, I think at that price range, the wrx will beat it with 7 more hp, plenty of torque, and awd.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-08-2001, 08:07 AM
Another car thru the honda-iser. When will it stop. Having a couple of semicircles under each tailight and headlight is the best that Honda can do to make it exciting, eh?
So boring.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-08-2001, 10:01 AM
looks a lot like one of the past Civic coupes from the side view. the front looks weird to me. the little semi-circles just don't belong on the rear imo.

Infiniti
01-08-2001, 04:14 PM
I dont think it is all too appealing. It doesnt look like the skecth at all. However, I do like the back and the interior a great deal although the interior design is still typical Honda. Although it looks great and is probably ergonaomically sound, cant Honda have a different design at all for the interior??? Anyway, take a look and you decide. Since I dont like this car, I bet HammerMan will like it. http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/grin.gif Just joking around...
http://www.wieck.com/public/*PV_021380.jpg

http://www.wieck.com/public/*PV_021378.jpg

http://www.wieck.com/public/*PV_021379.jpg

http://www.wieck.com/public/*PV_021381.jpg

Infiniti
01-08-2001, 04:17 PM
Now I find the front end to be growing on me a bit. But I think it could use a bit of help.

shaun
01-08-2001, 11:25 PM
i was hoping that they would finally turn the integra into a sports car...but no..its still just a sporty coupe...and a not too sporty one at that. Give me the Sentra SeR with four doors and all over that thing. The thing I hate about toyota and honda is that they had nice cars (well honda did anyways) and because they were too afraid of change, we get crap. the 94-97 accords were so nice..then after that what do we get?? they all turned boring. While nissan is continually getting exciting and more fun. Now if only styling and performance translated into sales.

ChuckH
01-08-2001, 11:30 PM
Hmmm, Early Civic Coupe profile, ugly wheels, Camry taillights (but with partial circles!), and goofy headlights; no thanks!

Acura hasn't come out with anything good looking since the last generation Legend and the NSX.

jochi
01-09-2001, 02:46 AM
From a styling standpoint, this car really doesn't have it. The side profile is so 2-D, there's not much definition in the body. The initial sketch of this thing further sets back its true design. The round tail lights and head light covers are plain tacky. Overall, very bland. I'm very disappointed, I really wanted this car to be good.
From a performance standpoint, I hope the 200hp delivers the goods, cuz that's the only card this car is holding.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-09-2001, 04:17 AM
I like how the gauge cluster looks, but the exterior has got to go its a mix between the current integra and civic. I dont like it. But if it sells for under $20,000 with 200 hp a lot of people will buy it over the New Sentra SE-R, especially those that are upset that the sentra is not offered in a coupe model. Well hopefully the SE-RV will be able to whoop its a$$!

Deadpool
01-09-2001, 09:07 AM
My turn. Ugly. No emotion. Bland. Boring. But its from Honda so it'll be a success.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-09-2001, 10:35 AM
Yeah, it looks like a Paseo, I liked the sketches better. It's not too aggresive looking, and the tailights are terrible. Not a very good one Honda. OH well.

Nismo
01-09-2001, 12:28 PM
You people are insane. http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif
This car is awesome. The cockpit has the style of a jetfighter. Whether you're talking about the 18" wheels, the low-profile canopy, the six-speed shifter, or the 200hp i-VTEC engine, this car is gonna rock!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-09-2001, 03:38 PM
The side looks like the passo the front looks like a TL gone wrong and the rear remains basicly unchanged it dosn't match the front at all. This is sh*t. Even the interior sucks. By the way have you guys seen the new TL, its a mess. And the RL needs to be more refined badly. I say take Acura off the Honda shelf. (Just like GM and Oldsmobile.)

The_Chosen_One
01-09-2001, 04:34 PM
The interior sucks? I don't think so!! Are you mad? I am a "Nissan Fanatic" as well http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/grin.gif, but this car is killer inside! Some of you are way to prejudiced against (not just Honda/Acura) but alot of other cars. Why? However, even as a four door, the 2002 Sentra SE SE-R competes well. If it was a 2 door it would do even better. There is no denying that this Acura is a great looking car.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-09-2001, 05:03 PM
If I had a proper photo editor I'm sure this wouldn't look so ghetto. I figured we should all get our eyes adjusted to this before they started appearing everywhere.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1437815&a=10781444&p=37580116&Sequence=0&res=high Actually I think the lowered stance and spoiler make it look better.

Oh, The I kinda like the interior. It's just the outside I'm having problems with. I think the current Integra is a classic that's tough to beat. I think thats why Honda tried so hard to keep the basic shape of the car the same. I just think they blew it in the details.

[This message has been edited by ThereturnofHammerman (edited 01-09-2001).]

**DONOTDELETE**
01-09-2001, 05:16 PM
i don't like the silver on the dash. it looks painted, and very well may be. reminds me of the new Frontier dashboard. other than that, the interior's fine

jochi
01-09-2001, 05:27 PM
No gripes about the interior, but if ppl. are complaining bout the Z's sheetmetal, they should be jumping out a 10 story building with a look at this thing.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-09-2001, 08:11 PM
Am I the only one who notices the major cue's they stole from the S15 Silvia. Especially the lights it looks like some sort of civic with a silvia body kit and lights.

[This message has been edited by zbeast (edited 01-09-2001).]

thearabian
01-09-2001, 08:27 PM
overall a decent design
the front still eludes me, looks like the headlights belong on a minivan
the rear is very nice, and the interior looks very good as well.
with all the power predicted, this car will be a major success

but the front must be redone

jeez fronts used to be soo much simpler to design when cars were more square!! (using 3rd gen maxima as example)

ChuckH
01-09-2001, 10:12 PM
I can't figure out where I've seen those headlights before and it's really bugging me! All I know is they are like the ones on some GM car...maybe the Malibu? I know GM has some like that, but which car? Regardless, they are butt ugly, just like the rest of the car. BTW, the wheels are ugly too and the interior is OK, but kind of boring and unoriginal. They could give it 400 HP and price it at $15K and I still wouldn't want it. Way NOT to go Acura! http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/frown.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-10-2001, 08:16 AM
The side view looks like a Civic, headlights look like the 300M, rear looks like the Legend coupe. People will still buy the car if they know it is the replacement for the Integra. Its got more power and that is what people want. Nissan fans might not like it but the Integra fans will drool over it.

Nismo
01-10-2001, 08:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 99ESMAX:
...the Integra fans will drool over it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You are correct. http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/tongue.gif drool, drool...

ChuckH
01-10-2001, 09:00 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. I saw one today and figured it out. Well, they're still ugly! http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2HD:
Chrysler 300M Maybe?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2HD
01-11-2001, 01:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tbear:
I think honda just made a mistake regarding to styling. The rear looks old and tired, although the front looks OK. The interior, however, is plain and not exciting.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And this just the Prototype! Just imagine when it goes through the Hondanizer!

2HD
01-11-2001, 01:38 AM
Reminds of something from Disney! But I'm not quite sure what it is.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChuckH:
Hmmm, Early Civic Coupe profile, ugly wheels, Camry taillights (but with partial circles!), and goofy headlights; no thanks!

Acura hasn't come out with anything good looking since the last generation Legend and the NSX.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2HD
01-11-2001, 01:40 AM
Chrysler 300M Maybe?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChuckH:
I can't figure out where I've seen those headlights before and it's really bugging me! All I know is they are like the ones on some GM car...maybe the Malibu? I know GM has some like that, but which car? Regardless, they are butt ugly, just like the rest of the car. BTW, the wheels are ugly too and the interior is OK, but kind of boring and unoriginal. They could give it 400 HP and price it at $15K and I still wouldn't want it. Way NOT to go Acura! http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
01-11-2001, 06:51 PM
Typical very ordinary Honda Styling, is the RS-X name going to be just for the U.S? i would hope it would stick to Integra for the rest of the world.

Nismo
01-11-2001, 07:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vspec:
Typical very ordinary Honda Styling, is the RS-X name going to be just for the U.S? i would hope it would stick to Integra for the rest of the world.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The Acura spokesperson giving the presentation said that the Integra name is definitely out, but that they haven't yet decided on a replacement name. The RS-X name is temporary at the moment; Acura hasn't decided if it will stay or if they'll come up with something different altogether.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-11-2001, 08:22 PM
it sucks it bites it blows

**DONOTDELETE**
01-11-2001, 08:23 PM
it sucks it bites it blows

Ry
01-12-2001, 10:55 PM
i see cougar in the front end, wannabe bmw head lights, and wannabe camry tail lights, in a civic coupe profile...

**DONOTDELETE**
01-13-2001, 01:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nismo:

Originally posted by Vspec:
Typical very ordinary Honda Styling, is the RS-X name going to be just for the U.S? i would hope it would stick to Integra for the rest of the world.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The Acura spokesperson giving the presentation said that the Integra name is definitely out, but that they haven't yet decided on a replacement name. The RS-X name is temporary at the moment; Acura hasn't decided if it will stay or if they'll come up with something different altogether.
I know the Integra name is out for the US, but i live in New Zealand and i was wondering if it's still gonna be Integra here

SHIFT_6speeds
01-14-2001, 09:11 PM
Been gone for a while, but back now for a while....

I just have to comment on the look of this thing...CIVIC! Profile looks like a generation leap from the last Civic and this should be the 2001 Civic. Anyone agree?? The view dead front is okay, but the car appears like it has regressed...

I have not had time to read about the specs..so I can not comment on them at this point... But it looks like a Civic..

Here is the Civic 3 door the U.S. missing!

SHIFT_6speeds
01-14-2001, 09:13 PM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The headlights remind me of Chrysler 300M....

**DONOTDELETE**
01-15-2001, 04:13 AM
yeah, this thing really would have made for a great civic. it would just need new front and rear, and it would be set.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-15-2001, 12:12 PM
Is the RS-X Rwd? someone commented in the Infiniti forum that it is Rwd, but im pretty sure it's still fwd, can anyone confirm?

Infiniti
01-15-2001, 02:40 PM
Cant confirm but Im pretty damn sure its FWD. Ill look around for it.

Mel E Bog
01-15-2001, 02:50 PM
I had thought it was going to be RWD thats why I posted to the Infiniti forum. I had read it somewhere and can't find the link from where I read it. But I also remember Honda/Acura saying that the next gen Prelude/Integra was going to be RWD so go figure. Oh well.

Mel

Nismo
01-16-2001, 11:52 AM
All indications were that it was going to be RWD. But now it's been shown to the public and mum's the word. I'm sure if it were RWD, Acura would have made a big deal about it. Seeing as they didn't, it's quite possibly still a FWD car. If that's the case then it should have no problem taking the Type R's place as the best performing FWD car in North America.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-16-2001, 12:31 PM
Man, it looks like they took the interior design from the Insight http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif...

**DONOTDELETE**
01-22-2001, 08:40 PM
Am I the only individual who thinks this thing resembles, Hmm let me think. The old damn Integra that it is supposed to replace. From a side view it holds an almost identical footprint. Acura all I have to say is whopee! It looks more like a mid year facelift than a re-design. I think they could have been a bit more creative, it does nothing for me. SE-R here I come.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2001, 09:24 PM
I read an article about the "new" Civic the other day..(The Magazines dont like it).the styling went backwards,the performance got worse..etc.This "Integra" looks just like the Civic to me with the new Hyundai Elantra headlights.It has those boring and tall/thick looking sides of the Civic.About the FWD/Rwd questions,if the car is still based off the pedestrian Civic..then we know the answer dont we? Sombody posted earlier that if it was RWD,Acura would have made a big deal out of it..I agree..(we ALL new about the S2000's RWD setup ahead of time) Its a FWD "sporty" car im sure!(because NOTHING FWD is a sports car http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif)

madmaxse
02-12-2001, 09:52 AM
My review is that it looks fat(literally) and needs to lose some weight. It doesn't looks like a sports coupe but rather weird looking headlight and tailights indicates that it's TRYing to be one. I was wondering why didn't honda made this car a hatchback? The rear glass comes sloping down to trunk and it seems like it's a perfect shape to make it a hatchback so that when you open the trunk the whole thing (glass and the trunk lid) would rise up. Just curious. I do like the color though. I hope nissan uses same blue~~~ for their cars.