PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!! I warned you guys didnt I???

**DONOTDELETE**
04-04-2001, 03:22 PM
HA!! I warned you guys about the Cadillac CTS, but did anybody listen?? Noo!! Serves you right, IT IS ONE SWEET LOOKING CAR!!!
http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/image/m2cadillac2.jpg

[This message has been edited by ThereturnofHammerman (edited 04-04-2001).]

jochi
04-04-2001, 04:32 PM
All I gotta say is, I damn sure hope Infiniti comes out with the XVL before this thing, or the general public is gonna think it's a CTS clone, albeit with a more subtley elegant look.

Infiniti
04-04-2001, 05:33 PM
Yeh, it looks slick in that shot but the shot from the pr front of the car looks like a butch, tall truck common in GM designs. Ill have to see more but that front up shot sure was nasty.

BTW, notiuce how it looks like the XVL?

[This message has been edited by Infiniti (edited 04-04-2001).]

Deadpool
04-04-2001, 05:42 PM
Hammer man, this topic belongs in the car lounge. See, you didnt know that now did you:P

**DONOTDELETE**
04-04-2001, 05:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IRL:
Hammer man, this topic belongs in the car lounge. See, you didnt know that now did you:P<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FINE!!! :P

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Infiniti:
BTW, notiuce how it looks like the XVL?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, isnt that what I said the first time?? Guess it pays to listen to me doesnt it??? http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/grin.gif

Deadpool
04-04-2001, 05:58 PM
I see some Nissan Fusion in it. Especially at the rear end. Looks cool though.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-04-2001, 06:41 PM
Well I think it is butt ugly-the front looks all screwed up-I am sure the xvl will be 1000 times better looking -it already is and it is just a concept

Infiniti
04-04-2001, 06:41 PM
More like the Fusion had Caddy in its rear end. http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/wink.gif

djcunnin
04-04-2001, 06:50 PM
I have to admit that I like the looks of the CTS. I think Caddy is going to come on strong and will be a contender. Especially since they're going to RWD again...I went to the Cadiallac test drive put on by MotorTrend and I didn't expect much from Cadiallac, and to tell you the truth, by the end of the day I was very impressed. I like the new angular styling, but styles like this tend to age very quickly.

thearabian
04-04-2001, 07:56 PM
what kind of specs can we expect?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-04-2001, 08:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>originally posted by thearabian:
what kind of specs can we expect?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two V6s, top of the line comes with a super charger. It's already been confirmed RWD, with a possibility for AWD on the supercharged models. I cannot remember exact hp/torque specs, but expect them in the XVL/3 series range.

hiwayman17
04-05-2001, 03:27 AM
I think it is ugly, but has a suitable family look when compared to the even uglier Escalade.

Zed
04-05-2001, 09:02 AM
It does seem like the Fusion and XVL with caddy hard edges. A little to blocky. Not sleek like the XVL. 7 out-of 10.

warrmax
04-05-2001, 12:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ThereturnofHammerman:
HA!! I warned you guys about the Cadillac CTS, but did anybody listen?? Noo!! Serves you right, IT IS ONE SWEET LOOKING CAR!!!
http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/image/m2cadillac2.jpg

[This message has been edited by ThereturnofHammerman (edited 04-04-2001).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are those tinted headlamps like on the SE AE Maxima? Hmmm.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-05-2001, 05:40 PM
Does the side profile look like a Toyota Mark II... or the yet unreleased camry...

Oh yes... it also looks like they rammed the front end into a belt sander. http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by tardis24 (edited 04-06-2001).]

The_Chosen_One
04-07-2001, 08:24 AM
Blah!

**DONOTDELETE**
04-07-2001, 11:43 PM
what? how can anybody find that thing attractive? it looks like a freaking box with creases. now i want the XVL to kick its ass even more! ARGHARGh!!

SHIFT_6speeds
04-08-2001, 06:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thearabian:
what kind of specs can we expect?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice looking car... But we can expect:

Auto slushboxes only

Fake wood out the wazoo/or real wood that appears fake

Sub-standard GM build quality (A GM legacy)

Leather seating that looks and feels like vinyl.

On Star in case you are stupid enough to lock your keys inside the car and lucky enough to have your cell phone at hand.

Cup holders for eveyone!

standard orange peel paint

I admit I like the look of this car....but it is GM.

How many more years does GM have to survive? I am watching and waiting...

**DONOTDELETE**
04-08-2001, 08:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SentraSE-Rman:
How many more years does GM have to survive? I am watching and waiting... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as there are folks living below the Mason Dixon, they'll survive.

SHIFT_6speeds
04-08-2001, 11:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ThereturnofHammerman:
As long as there are folks living below the Mason Dixon, they'll survive.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe ! http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif

djcunnin
04-09-2001, 01:58 PM
you want to know why GM is around, and will continue to be around....here's a quote from www.thecarconnection.com: (http://www.thecarconnection.com:)

OIL GIANT TOPS FORTUNE 500 Big oil has topped General Motors in the annual Fortune 500, with Exxon Mobil officially taking the number one position for 2000. General Motors fell from first to third in the rankings, which order companies by revenue. Exxon Mobil's annual revenue was at $210 billion, versus $184.6 billion for GM. Wal-Mart kept its second-place ranking on the list.

hmmm...184.6 Billion dollars...plus GMs sales are THE top...yes, I know they have about a billion different cars that they sell...but that's why they'll be around.

SHIFT_6speeds
04-09-2001, 09:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by djcunnin:
you want to know why GM is around, and will continue to be around....here's a quote from www.thecarconnection.com: (http://www.thecarconnection.com:)

OIL GIANT TOPS FORTUNE 500 Big oil has topped General Motors in the annual Fortune 500, with Exxon Mobil officially taking the number one position for 2000. General Motors fell from first to third in the rankings, which order companies by revenue. Exxon Mobil's annual revenue was at $210 billion, versus $184.6 billion for GM. Wal-Mart kept its second-place ranking on the list.

hmmm...184.6 Billion dollars...plus GMs sales are THE top...yes, I know they have about a billion different cars that they sell...but that's why they'll be around.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geez, you don't know how to break bad news gently do ya?

But GM is dropping...going downnnnnn...

djcunnin
04-10-2001, 07:25 AM
It's not a matter of breaking news gently. Don't get me wrong, I don't really like GM, I think most of their products are ugly. I love Nissan and I wish they were as big as GM, but in reality, they're just a blip on the map compared to the big three. Go to www.autonews.com (http://www.autonews.com) for sales figures. GM sold more vehicles in March than Nissan probably will by september. That's the reality of it.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-10-2001, 02:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blazin-Red-GTR:
I personally don't like Cadillac to begin with, so I think if Infiniti introduced the XVL first then the Cadillac won't stand a chance...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course that is if. Let us not forget the Cadillac is scheduled for release in the next few months, while the XVL isn't scheduled for release till later next year.

Slack00
04-10-2001, 03:01 PM
Mark my words: GM will change.

GM may appear to be a stubborn, ignorant mule, but its a very, very big and strong one...... all GM needs is someone or something to light a fire unerneath it, and then we'll see the Old General come back to life...

And no agent of change is quite as motivational to a company as loss in profits. GM was shoddy for so long because, really, what did it matter to them? IF they are the most profitable company on planet earth...who cares about their methods? This decline we see may be the best news that ever happened to consumers in terms of the quality of cars GM builds...problem is, the humongous passenger liner that is GM is not exactly as nimble as smaller car companies; it it may be many many years before we see GM trim and fit enough to make some major changes to its methods of production...My question is, although I know GM will change....will it be too late? Will years and years and years of awful products be too much for GM to overcome? But I know this much no company making that much money is just going to let it go....

Actually, we (hopefully) are starting to see the first signs of change within GM already: Cadillac is under entirely new direction...everyone is youger and gung ho about being a world competitor...Expect a different Caddilac starting with thier next models....Cadillac lost their privelage of being the #1 American luxury manufacturer (after, like, 50 years) only a year or two ago to Lincoln...that lit a fire under Cadillac...

Yet even more evidence of change: Saturn is going to start using Honda engines...what many of you may not know is way back in the 70's Honda bid to put their engines in Ford vehicles, only to have Henry Ford III say "I'm not going to have a Japanese engine in my car!" My how times have changed...

GM's subsidaries, Like SAAB, also show a lot of promise...not ALL GM affiliated vehicles are bad (just the American ones... http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/images/icons/wink.gif)..

By the way, I don't appreciate the whole south of the Mason Dixon slur...thats a pretty stupid and ignorant statement. Many many people of this forum are from "South of the Mason Dixon" by the way. Last time I checked, for the past 100 years the population of America has shifted toward the south...its because we have better weather, better living conditions, a better business climate, better services, more room to grow, frendlier people....do I really need to go on?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-10-2001, 11:48 PM
I personally don't like Cadillac to begin with, so I think if Infiniti introduced the XVL first then the Cadillac won't stand a chance...

**DONOTDELETE**
04-11-2001, 11:52 PM
OK, here's one of those new models for ya!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1437815&a=10781444&p=38825244

HeHe, couldnt help it. Believe me, my comment about the Mason Dixon was more in regards to a state of mind than an actual location.

Slack00
04-12-2001, 08:42 AM
HeHe, couldnt help it. Believe me, my comment about the Mason Dixon was more in regards to a state of mind than an actual location. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly what I am talking about...the assumption/slur that all people below "South of the Mason Dixon" bear that 'state of mind'.

Thats like me saying "All black people are stupid," and then saying "Well, I was really referring to the state of mind of being stupid then an actual color of skin." Its too late, you've already made the association of one with the other.

Anyway...I'm dropping it...it is not productive or in the best interests of FreshAlloy to pursue this matter any further.