PDA

View Full Version : WRX STi...OH YEAH!

**DONOTDELETE**
04-06-2001, 05:29 PM
Subaru has confirmed plans to bring the now famous STi version of it's rally car here to the US. If any of you out there have followed these cars (like me) you'll know how important this is. Expect prices to be under 30k, with a 0-60 time below 5 seconds.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-07-2001, 03:26 PM
I highly doubt it will be under 30k... that would be too close to the regular WRX. But japanese supercars seem to be making a comeback... now only if Toyota brought back the Supra... hmmmmmmmm?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-07-2001, 07:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SPECster:
I highly doubt it will be under 30k... that would be too close to the regular WRX. But japanese supercars seem to be making a comeback... now only if Toyota brought back the Supra... hmmmmmmmm?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
They are.

Slack00
04-08-2001, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SPECster:
I highly doubt it will be under 30k... that would be too close to the regular WRX. But japanese supercars seem to be making a comeback... now only if Toyota brought back the Supra... hmmmmmmmm?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Regular WRX base price is $23,995, according to SCC. ~$29k base price might not be too unreasonable....it all depends on how much HP they will let the STi engine spool up here in the states.....

**DONOTDELETE**
04-08-2001, 09:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slack00:
Regular WRX base price is $23,995, according to SCC. ~$29k base price might not be too unreasonable....it all depends on how much HP they will let the STi engine spool up here in the states.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have heard it will produce at least 276hp, which we all know is the "limit" in Japan.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-10-2001, 10:04 PM
I heard a lot recently going around that the "limit" in japan is supposed to getting thrown out the window though. I guess it is supposed to die when the next NSX is born and the next Skyline. Nissan can finally admit that car is making more that 276hp which I'm sure we all know it is, a 3800lb car just doesn't do 0-60 in 5 on 276hp.

I really hope that they do toss out the limit because I think the japanese have such a potential to make some monster power cars. You figure they have been dealing mainly with 1.6 - 3.0 litres on sports or sporty type cars. What will they be capable with a 3.5 - 5.0 litre engine? I anticipate some sweet cars coming out of japan in the very near future besides what we have already seen.