PDA

View Full Version : mazda 626

**DONOTDELETE**
04-27-2001, 10:10 PM
go to motortrend.com and look at the future forcast for the mazda 626....the styling seems to be of ford's (volvo division).

hiwayman17
04-28-2001, 04:03 AM
According to a recent article in Car & Driver, Mazda is designing the 626 without Ford influence. Interesting how all this conflicting news is out there.

hiwayman17
04-28-2001, 04:27 AM
Having now read MT's predictions for the future, I can say it would be easy to disregard much of the information Motor Trend presents online. MT info says the redesigned Dodge Ram debutes for 2002. Then it has a listing for another Ram resign that debutes in 2003. MT says the Mazda Protege moves to the Focus platform for 2002 and will be redesigned again in for 2004. MT says there will be a new RX7 in 2002.

If I was Motor Trend I would be so embarrassed!

**DONOTDELETE**
04-28-2001, 04:04 PM
Autoexpress.co.uk (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tardis24/php3/openframe.php3?page=newnews/newsarticle.php3?id=2456) report on 626/323. 323 pictured.

hiwayman17
04-29-2001, 03:35 AM
Though Autoexpress is written for Europe, their information has always been very accurate. If that pic is the next Protege, I will be lining up to get one!

SHIFT_6speeds
04-29-2001, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hiwayman17:
Though Autoexpress is written for Europe, their information has always been very accurate. If that pic is the next Protege, I will be lining up to get one!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, that car is beautiful (and a fastback!). I doubt we get it here over in the States. We'll probably get a watered down version with a less uasable trunk. Our society just does not embrace fast back cars the way I do. If Nissan had something like this to offer here (or if Mazda had this available now in the U.S.), I would probably have one in my driveway right now.

hiwayman17
04-29-2001, 10:29 AM
I read the latest issue of CAR magazine and they seem to indicate that companies such as Nissan, Mazda and Mitsubishi no longer have the finances to produce different cars for different markets. Supposedly the trend is toward true 'world cars'. I hope this is the case.

Strangely enough, I was out cruising the auto dealerships this morning and I saw a caravan of disguished (geometric shapes in black and white paint, no badges) cars and I have to admit I have no idea what they were. There was something that looked like the Daewoo Rezzo or Nissan Tino and the cars might have been Kia/Hyundai/Daewoo. But I have to admit I love the Rezzo/Tino type auto.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-29-2001, 07:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SentraSE-Rman:
I agree, that car is beautiful (and a fastback!). I doubt we get it here over in the States. We'll probably get a watered down version with a less uasable trunk. Our society just does not embrace fast back cars the way I do. If Nissan had something like this to offer here (or if Mazda had this available now in the U.S.), I would probably have one in my driveway right now.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The picture is one of the next-generation Mazda Protege 5-Door Sport or whatever the name of their upcoming wagon is.