PDA

View Full Version : how does g35 compare to maxima?

**DONOTDELETE**
03-15-2002, 09:23 AM
Has any maxima drivers driven the g35? I'm thinking of both and the g35 seems to have the same power and everything. Just looks a bit different. Should I pay a few grand more for the g? Let me know, thanks...

CharlieDigital
03-15-2002, 09:34 AM
I'm a Max driver, I'm going in to check out the G in a couple of minutes images/icons/grin.gif

Will try to take pics and get back to you.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-15-2002, 10:49 AM
The maxima is a beautiful car, but it wil be replaced next year. I personally think that the G is more of a technologically advanced car (supsension, FM platform, RWD ect.) I think for the extra money, the Gis worth it. I looked that the I35 but i didnt see the point in buying a car that is going to be replaced in a year or so, as well as a car that is FWD. All depends on which one you like the most.......

**DONOTDELETE**
03-15-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by jy - buying:
Has any maxima drivers driven the g35? I'm thinking of both and the g35 seems to have the same power and everything. Just looks a bit different. Should I pay a few grand more for the g? Let me know, thanks...<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Tough to say.
The ride is more refined in the G than in Maxima. The handling definitely goes to G over Maxima. The quality of interior is better than Maxima. The power advantage probably is there but my butt dyno can't attest to that. If we are comparing Auto to Auto... I think Maxima has 4 speed auto vs G's 5 speed auto. (and G's auto is so smooth it is hard to figure which gear you are in)
Now... if you are going for straight line performance only... Maxima might be a better deal with much less money. For me, Maxima never got into my mind once I test drove G. (I was looking around 30k-35k for car anyway)

CharlieDigital
03-15-2002, 11:59 AM
Just got back from the test drive

images/icons/shocked.gif images/icons/shocked.gif images/icons/shocked.gif

will go into more detail later, but initial reaction?

images/icons/shocked.gif images/icons/shocked.gif images/icons/shocked.gif

Car is much more substantial in person, absolutely gorgeous. The proportions look perfect.

I was torn between Z and G, now I'm know the answer.

Vs. Maxima? NO CONTEST, this car is better than the Maxima is, was, or ever will be! Good Jesus, get down to your Infiniti dealer...now!

[ 03-15-2002, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: C-Digs ]

**DONOTDELETE**
03-15-2002, 06:37 PM
I have a 2000 Maxima SE and after my G35 test drive I was smitten. If I didn't have 17 months left on my Maxima lease I would have leased a G35.

Nizzan
03-15-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer:
I have a 2000 Maxima SE and after my G35 test drive I was smitten. If I didn't have 17 months left on my Maxima lease I would have leased a G35.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]I'm in the same boat you are. My only problem is that I still have 32 months to go.
images/icons/mad.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
03-15-2002, 10:43 PM
Great, you are getting me excited about the G35 since I love the Maxima. The main thing I have heard bad is that the car is much louder than the Maxima at high speeds. That's what I think is so cool, how the Max is fast and quiet, sporty and luxurious. Is the G35 only loud when accelerating or when cruising and is it really that loud?

ghabouss
03-16-2002, 08:55 PM
Moving to G35 forums