PDA

View Full Version : G35 Lunge

**DONOTDELETE**
03-14-2002, 03:44 AM
When test driving a new G35 I noticed that it was impossible to drive the car in a
leisurely manner since the slightest pressure on the gas pedal would cause the
transmission to downshift and cause the car to lunge forward. Is this normal?
Can it be adjusted?

I have a pre-ordered car coming in 2 weeks; the car is not useable to me this way.
So far the dealer can't help.

Infiniti
03-14-2002, 05:43 AM
is it too fast for ya? images/icons/wink.gif images/icons/grin.gif just kidding. after a while of driving with the car, the tranny "adapts" to your style. It "learns" how you want to drive it. So I think you would feel much more comfortable after a few weeks/a month or two of break in.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-14-2002, 07:38 AM
It might be that the transmission has already adapted to the driving style of all the previous test drivers--that is, they were all driving like a bat-outta-hell and transmission was simply helping you drive like them. So far all the test-drive reviews we've heard from other members, they have been flooring it constantly and doing donuts in parking lots. I've even heard stories of the salesman doing the donuts, so the fact that the tranny wanted to accelerate as fast as it could is quite probable.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-14-2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by j1g35:
When test driving a new G35 I noticed that it was impossible to drive the car in a
leisurely manner since the slightest pressure on the gas pedal would cause the
transmission to downshift and cause the car to lunge forward. Is this normal?
Can it be adjusted?

I have a pre-ordered car coming in 2 weeks; the car is not useable to me this way.
So far the dealer can't help.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]If you want a slower, non aggresive turtle-like car. Your best bet is to cancel your pre-order and get a acura tl-s or a Toyota Corolla. images/icons/shocked.gif

CharlieDigital
03-14-2002, 10:21 AM
This thread is funny images/icons/grin.gif

I was eating and had to stop to laugh for a couple seconds.

Brah K
03-14-2002, 12:11 PM
I know when I test drove the G35 last week, one of my prime objectives was to put it in manu-matic and see if I could see smoke in my the rear-view mirror!

**DONOTDELETE**
03-14-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by 400R:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Originally posted by maximaboy:
If you want a slower, non aggresive turtle-like car. Your best bet is to cancel your pre-order and get a acura tl-s or a Toyota Corolla. images/icons/shocked.gif <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]HAHAAHHAHA, funny shyt. images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/tongue.gif images/icons/smile.gif [/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]I must agree, very funny sh!t.

But i gotta say, true that, true that.

Haaahaaa images/icons/shocked.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
03-15-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by maximaboy:
If you want a slower, non aggresive turtle-like car. Your best bet is to cancel your pre-order and get a acura tl-s or a Toyota Corolla. images/icons/shocked.gif [/QB]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]HAHAAHHAHA, funny shyt. images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/tongue.gif images/icons/smile.gif