PDA

View Full Version : Infiniti G35 = 255hp Official...

DrewSRX
10-19-2001, 03:42 PM
Hello all,

As an Infiniti Q45 owner, I just got a letter in the mail from the Infiniti Program Headquarters that states:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>With a 255-horsepower DOHC V6 engine positioned behind the front axle for optimal weight distribution, a new 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode, rear-wheel drive, and a new 4-wheel independent multi-link suspension, the all-new 2003 G35 represents the very best of Infiniti's forward thinking.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope this isn't old news. images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-19-2001, 04:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DrewSRX:
Hello all,

As an Infiniti Q45 owner, I just got a letter in the mail from the Infiniti Program Headquarters that states:

I hope this isn't old news. images/icons/smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, I was hoping for more hp than 255. I hope they reconsider.

Buster
10-19-2001, 07:07 PM
I don't see anything wrong with "only" 255HP if they keep the car light. It'll be plenty fast enough for most of us. I'm sure there will soon be enough aftermarket add-ons to bump the HP to well over 300 if you're speed crazy. Guys like Stillen probably can't wait to get their hands on the G35.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-19-2001, 10:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buster:
I don't see anything wrong with "only" 255HP if they keep the car light. It'll be plenty fast enough for most of us. I'm sure there will soon be enough aftermarket add-ons to bump the HP to well over 300 if you're speed crazy. Guys like Stillen probably can't wait to get their hands on the G35.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be cool with the power to weight ratio if the car had a stick. I would rather have 240 hp with a sweet shifting/clutching stick than 400 hp with a slushbox.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-19-2001, 10:38 PM
255 is a lot for a entry luxury car. if nissan and infiniti kept giving every car max hp there would be no room for sportscars like the z, plus nissan finally got on the 5-speed autos.

i'm sure it will be in the 6's with the auto since the i35 got flat 7 with a 4-speed auto. when acura switch from a 4 to 5 speed the tl dropped a 1/2 second going to 60.

kroams
10-19-2001, 11:28 PM
It is a mistake if the G35 does not come with a manual tranny the first year. Every car magazine is going to compare it to the BMW 3-series, Audi A4 and such and will complain just like they did with the IS-300. It should not be in the luxury sports sedan category if there is no manual transmission. I also do not understand why they plan to run both the G35 and I35 at the same HP. If they can boost it with the Z, they should do the same with the G35. I know it has almost 30 HP more than everything in it's class, but it seems larger than everything in its class also. It needs to be competing with the 3-series but I think its as large and as heavy as the BMW 5-series. Could be wrong though.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-20-2001, 05:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kroams:
It is a mistake if the G35 does not come with a manual tranny the first year. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Let's get a chant going so Nissan will hear.

6 speed manual, 6 speed manual, 6 speed manual

null

Afty
10-20-2001, 06:42 AM
Look at the Altima: 240 hp, 3200 lbs, 0-60 in 5.9 seconds. That's fast enough for most anyone, and the G35 should be just as fast if the weights are similar.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-20-2001, 08:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Afty:
Look at the Altima: 240 hp, 3200 lbs, 0-60 in 5.9 seconds. That's fast enough for most anyone, and the G35 should be just as fast if the weights are similar.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that 255 hp is enough. In Japan the Skyline 3.0 is listed at 3278lbs even though the vehicle is sized between a BMW 3 and BMW 5 but supposedly has the interior space of the BMW 5.

To me the key is if the car is fun to drive. To be fun the car needs to be an extension of the driver's body. It must have a great feeling stick and clutch (no freakin slushbox), steering, handling and brakes. The limits do not have to be high they just have to be fun to approach. Drive a Miata, MR2 or Boxster and you will see what I mean. It is very hard not to smile when driving one of these, even at relatively low speeds. Drive a Vette, BMW Z3-M or similar vehicle and you will have higher limits but the car is just not as fun.

The G35 appears to have a good engine, low weight with what appears to be a low polar moment of inertia and seemingly a sophisticated suspension setup. Sadly it is missing a stick.

[ 10-20-2001: Message edited by: babylou ]

**DONOTDELETE**
10-20-2001, 08:10 AM
255 horsepower is an awsome amount of power for Infiniti's entry level car. But it's my opinion they really do need to offer a manual transmission in order to get the sporty image they're striving for.

jochi
10-20-2001, 10:57 AM
Is there any logical reason why a 6-speed manual wouldn't be offered in the first year of production? Is there a logical reason why a manual wouldn't be considered at the first steps of engineering a premium sports sedan? If you have answers, please enlighten me.

A similarily weighted Altima with 240 horses can run to 60 in 5.9 with manual tranny. Even with 255 ponies, the auto won't best that mark, nor come close. That's a shame. A bloody shame. We all know power and 0-60 times aren't everything, but hell.... no manual in Nissan's bread and butter sports sedan? I know the manual will come, but why not now? I'm just phuckin pissed. images/icons/mad.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-20-2001, 11:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jochi:
Is there any logical reason why a 6-speed manual wouldn't be offered in the first year of production? Is there a logical reason why a manual wouldn't be considered at the first steps of engineering a premium sports sedan? If you have answers, please enlighten me.

A similarily weighted Altima with 240 horses can run to 60 in 5.9 with manual tranny. Even with 255 ponies, the auto won't best that mark, nor come close. That's a shame. A bloody shame. We all know power and 0-60 times aren't everything, but hell.... no manual in Nissan's bread and butter sports sedan? I know the manual will come, but why not now? I'm just phuckin pissed. images/icons/mad.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed! images/icons/grin.gif

Afty
10-20-2001, 02:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by skibum1981:
Forgive me for not paying much attention recently, but who got the 5.9 time for the Altima? The fastest I had heard was 6.28 by Motortrend, but perhaps I have missed a review.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was Motorweek, a TV show broadcast on PBS stations and on Speedworld.

Link to the review here: http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2105.shtml

I agree about the manual. If Infiniti's so-called sports sedan doesn't come with a manual at least as an option, car magazines will not consider it a serious competitor in that market.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-20-2001, 02:39 PM
who said there wouldn't be a manual in the first year of production? are you just ranting for the sake of ranting? the car is coming out soon after the new year and the manual was supposed to come late summer, big deal. and yea the auto will come close to low 6's. 15 more hp and a 5speed sport shift-think, use the tl typeS as an example in your brain. luxury materials and a great look are much more important than a manual starting off. if the altima started off with just an auto and nice materials just think how much face they could have saved.

SDN
10-20-2001, 06:00 PM
well... maybe it's just me, but I would like to know how much this baby will cost first...
but yeah... a manual tranny is still better, since it will save me another grand or so... images/icons/wink.gif plus more fun and fuel efficient...

Btw, Nissan is not known for making great manual shifters, so I would rather wait a bit so they can make it right for this awesome car... images/icons/smile.gif

Infiniti
10-20-2001, 07:00 PM
Just wait and see. Just because it doesnt mention a manual, doesnt mean it wont have one. Easy people...

shaun
10-20-2001, 08:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SDN:

Btw, Nissan is not known for making great manual shifters, so I would rather wait a bit so they can make it right for this awesome car... images/icons/smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well same engine as the z...same platform...same basically everything...so should not the same manual transmission work? That's what everyone was speculating..that it would have the same manual as the one on the z

skibum1981
10-21-2001, 12:35 AM
Forgive me for not paying much attention recently, but who got the 5.9 time for the Altima? The fastest I had heard was 6.28 by Motortrend, but perhaps I have missed a review.

Afty
10-21-2001, 04:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shaun:
Well same engine as the z...same platform...same basically everything...so should not the same manual transmission work? That's what everyone was speculating..that it would have the same manual as the one on the z<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
But I believe the Z is expected to come out significantly after the G35. Is that correct?

nismoZX
10-21-2001, 06:19 PM
k...255 is going to be in a four door skyline, but I heard that they will have a coupe coming up soon. I heard this from one of the head nissan guy when I went to test drive the alt in the track(alemda fair ground) and the nissan for upper USA was a block away and there were few nissan heads there...so expect the coupe to come out probably with 6speed and a bit more horse. The G35 will be a CL type-s killer blah blah blah....

**DONOTDELETE**
10-21-2001, 07:14 PM
the z already will be, as of now, but cl/tl are going under the knife next fall, more power, 6-speed.... and the g35 coupe pics i've seen are kinda fugly. the z is all i could ask for in a luxury coupe, auto air leather, navigation, xenon, 6speed, anything else is kinda excess.

shaun
10-21-2001, 10:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Afty:

But I believe the Z is expected to come out significantly after the G35. Is that correct?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

about 6months I believe. I'd personally rather infiniti wait until the 6speed is available on the g before they bring it out. Even if that means delaying the release date. Or atleast make it no more then a 3month difference on when the stick comes out.

jochi
10-22-2001, 01:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shaun:

about 6months I believe. I'd personally rather infiniti wait until the 6speed is available on the g before they bring it out. Even if that means delaying the release date. Or atleast make it no more then a 3month difference on when the stick comes out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think we will see a manual the first year. Reasons? If it was offered (even a few months late), the release to the Q45 owners would mention it. Second, the car has a push down parking brake, not a true hand brake. Third, the way the interior is designed right now, getting in a hand brake will require substantial interior changes. I hope I'm wrong.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2001, 08:53 AM
I got a question for the technicle experts here (like babylou)

If the I35 and G35 are using the exact(?) same engine and I know they may be geared differently, but...

How will RWD vs FWD effect the HP rating (255)?
or
If HP is measured at the wheels, is there more usable HP at the Rear (wheels) as opposed to the Front (wheels)?

DrewSRX
10-22-2001, 09:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jochi:
I don't think we will see a manual the first year. Reasons? If it was offered (even a few months late), the release to the Q45 owners would mention it. Second, the car has a push down parking brake, not a true hand brake. Third, the way the interior is designed right now, getting in a hand brake will require substantial interior changes. I hope I'm wrong.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are correct, the letter that I got in the mail did not mention anything about a 'manual transmission' of any sort.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>
I got a question for the technicle experts here (like babylou) If the I35 and G35 are using the exact(?) same engine and I know they may be geared differently, but...

How will RWD vs FWD effect the HP rating (255)? or If HP is measured at the wheels, is there more usable HP at the Rear (wheels) as opposed to the Front(wheels)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 255hp rating is at the engine 'flywheel', not to the actual wheels, so there is no difference in I35 and G35 engines in that regard. Although, there is a BIG difference in terms of real world performance of FWD vs. RWD with the 255hp engine. With proper gearing, and weight of around 3200lbs, the G35 should easily be in the upper 5-second 0-60 range in manual form. The handling should be nothing less than supurb as well.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2001, 10:00 AM
As a longtime g20-5-speed owner (10 years), I am very excited about the upcoming G35, but with the recent note I got in the mail from Infiniti and the discussions from this board, I have to say I will be very disappointed if a manual, 5 or 6 speed, isn't offered. This car seems like the perfect vehicle for me, but if no manual is offered, I may have to sadly look elsewhere (Maxima 6-speed) which I don't want to do. Either way, I'll still have a spunky G20 that handles like no other in its class.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2001, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by unleasHell:
I got a question for the technicle experts here
If the I35 and G35 are using the exact(?) same engine and I know they may be geared differently, but...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>1) FWD looses only 8 - 12% of the Crank HP. and RWD inherently looses 12 - 18%.
Yet 255HP is 255HP at the Crank AND
FWD would be approx 229HP at the Wheels
RWD would then approx 214HP at the Wheels
[/list]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>
or
If HP is measured at the wheels, is there more usable HP at the Rear (wheels) as opposed to the Front (wheels)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
See Above..
images/icons/smile.gif images/icons/cool.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2001, 01:08 PM
This is not a new car... it is only new to the U.S. market. The MTX exists today and should be available with the initial North American release of the car. To do otherwise would be following Lexus's stupid mistake with the IS300... every first-year IS300 review was qualified by "but no MTX".

MTX's get the reviews and create the image. Even though the majority of units will go out with ATXs, those ATX-owners will be fantisizing that they are driving MTXs (with their stupid tiptronic or whatever).

Even if they only sell 5% MTXs, they're crazy if they don't make them available... right out of the gate.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2001, 09:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by unleasHell:
I got a question for the technicle experts here (like babylou)

or
If HP is measured at the wheels, is there more usable HP at the Rear (wheels) as opposed to the Front (wheels)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sheesh, I think I just took a shot!

Never the less, spec240SX has it correct. FWD powertrain losses are lower due to lower rotating mass and lower friction. Therefore, there is more power at the wheels with FWD than RWD. However, RWD has better traction so it will launch better. Plus you can throttle steer with RWD!

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: babylou ]

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2001, 09:15 AM
no shots entended, I knew there was a difference between FWD & RWD but not sure how to quantify it. (thanks).

In the Nov 2001 Motor Trend review of the I35 they say something negative about having so much power to the front wheels, so 255 to the rear wheels may be a better match (time will tell).

It also bashes the Sport Suspension on the I35, saying something like it is too hard over every little bump. Although I suspect it handles better. I wonder if the G35 will make us choose between a "smooth ride" and "good handling"?

I wonder if Infiniti will throw us a 0% finance charge when the G35 comes out? (yeah right)

On a related note, I hope the slow down in the economy makes Infiniti keep the price down, with Automobile sales projected to be slumping, it may NOT be the best time to launch a new vehicle (March 2002).

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: unleasHell ]

thearabian
10-23-2001, 08:00 PM
this aint directed at anyone in particular

but im just about getting sick of people complaining how the G35 will "only" get 255 HP!

lets see... the major competitors...
BMW 330: 225 HP
A4: 220 HP
C320: 215 HP
X-Type: 231 HP
IS300: 215 HP

lets even broaden search, Sedans around 30K
TL-S: 260 HP
Catera: 200 HP
ES300: 210 HP
LS-V6: 221 HP
Millenia-S: 210 HP
S60-T5: 247 HP
9-3 Viggen: 230 HP

sample mean is 225 HP, amount of HP Maxima had back in 2000!

then only ones that even come close in HP are FWD "sport models"

255 HP is more than many V8's

255 HP is more than enough for an entry level car

nuff said.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-24-2001, 06:35 PM
thearabian,

I agree except some of those cars have a manual tranny. However, the G35 in Japan weights 3278 lbs with 5 spd auto and 3.0 liter engine so the car is a bit lighter than most of its competition which makes the 255 hp even better. Plus the G35 is supposed to have more cabin room than most of the competition.

As far as I can see the only hole for the G35 is the lack of the manual tranny. I say this again since I have a stupid theory that if I whine enough somehow a manual tranny will appear.

skibum1981
10-24-2001, 06:47 PM
What about CVT? Infiniti could easily make up for the lack of a manual if CVT was offered. Anyone know about the possibility of CVT on this model? 255 hp shouldn't be too much for it.

thearabian
10-24-2001, 08:58 PM
well yes, the G35 will hurt because of the lack of manual when its out

but since most of car sales are automatic, better 1st gauge the reaction of the public towards the CAR only

then nissan is in a better position to offer different transmissions

but i DO agree that a manual should be offered the 1st year

**DONOTDELETE**
10-24-2001, 10:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by skibum1981:
What about CVT? Infiniti could easily make up for the lack of a manual if CVT was offered. Anyone know about the possibility of CVT on this model? 255 hp shouldn't be too much for it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have never pay much attention to CVT's or ever driven one. I have not heard good things about CVT's but it seems they are improving quickly. Maybe this would work? I heard the latest CVT's have simulated finite gears.

I have a question for some CVT expert out there. Does a CVT use a hydraulic torque converter, a clutch (doubtful), or do the pulleys simply open up enough that the chain/belt is allowed to slip?

If the pulleys open to create slip then you would still have that hard mechanical link to the rear wheels (RWD only for me) like a manual tranny. With the hard mechanical link it makes the car fun to throttle steer. For me a torque converter makes throttle steer uninspiring.

Plus with a CVT you could have a simple/low cost simulation of a sequential gearbox! How fast, in milliseconds, do the newest CVT's shift to the next simulated gear?

skibum1981
10-25-2001, 12:27 AM
Well I know that Audi's CVT vehicles outperform their manuals, so if Nissan's CVT is that efficient, I'd be fairly pleased with it in my new G35.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-25-2001, 04:40 AM
Aawe he.. no! A CVT will not replace the excitement that a manny will give you. What will you do with your left foot? Use it for the brake!!

Afty
10-25-2001, 08:19 AM
I agree. The fun of driving a manual is not about going fast. It's about rowing through the gears and having control over what your engine is doing at any given time. There's just something about the lack of a torque converter, so that it feels like there's a direct link between the throttle and the wheels. Even if a CVT can provide faster acceleration than a manual, it won't be as fun to drive.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-25-2001, 10:46 AM
I think it will be interesting if we create a new topic (when the G35 is released for sale) and all the people who actually buy one, can compare deals (prices) so that people who are gonna be buying them later (I'm gonna buy around Aug/Sept/Oct 2002) can benefit...

AS for the great HP debate, heck I'm upgrading from a 150HP Accord so as I have said 255 looks very good to me, especially when there will only be a 2/3 MPG difference (yeah. I know it will be premium instead of regular).

KrazeDiamond
10-25-2001, 11:40 AM
Look at the Altima: 240 hp, 3200 lbs, 0-60 in 5.9 seconds. That's fast enough for most anyone, and the G35 should be just as fast if the weights are similar.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altima 3.5L V6's 0-60 is 6.4 according to my own test time, I tested it at a dealership here in S. Cal, it's just 0.2 behind Maxima with A/T. I would assume it'll drop to around 6.2 ~ 6.1 with 5-speed manual. As for the Maxima, it's 5.9sec with 6-speed manual.

Infiniti
10-25-2001, 01:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ohmitr:

Where did you get this piece of info?
Everything I've been reading is saying the CVT is the equal to the manual but not surpassing it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it surpasses it.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-25-2001, 02:00 PM
I agree. The fun of driving a manual is not about going fast. It's about rowing through the gears and having control over what your engine is doing at any given time. There's just something about the lack of a torque converter, so that it feels like there's a direct link between the throttle and the wheels. Even if a CVT can provide faster acceleration than a manual, it won't be as fun to drive.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely. It is such a rush when you do the "TOP GUN" move. You are trapped in the left lane, car in front going too slow, car on the side won't let you over, so you go from 5th to 3rd gear, drop back behind and to the right of the car that was next to you, hit the gas, goto 4th, then 5th and then 6th all the while laughing till your face hurts. This is why the G35 needs a manual!!!
images/icons/grin.gif

skibum1981
10-25-2001, 05:00 PM
I agree. The fun of driving a manual is not about going fast. It's about rowing through the gears and having control over what your engine is doing at any given time. There's just something about the lack of a torque converter, so that it feels like there's a direct link between the throttle and the wheels. Even if a CVT can provide faster acceleration than a manual, it won't be as fun to drive.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that manuals are fun to drive, but I think Infiniti would still do well with their performance image if they offered CVT. And unlike probably most in these forums, I'd trade a manny for better performance any time.

And don't get me wrong people! I totally think a 6 speed manual should be standard, but I'm saying it's not the end of the world if it isn't (assuming CVT is offered).

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: skibum1981 ]

**DONOTDELETE**
10-25-2001, 05:15 PM
It may not be the end of the world, but for me it could mean the end of the G35 as my next car. Look at BMW for example, the ultimate driving machine, they make an 8 cyl 540 avail with a manual for those who would like a lux-perfomance car that is the most fun car I have ever driven, I just wish I could afford one. If Infiniti is looking to get into a lux-perfom market that has been dominated by BMW and Audi, a manual is a must.

Besides, what skill does it take to drive an automatic? "Press here hard with right foot," BORING. Even more boring than shifting with your thumbs (see Lexus GS300/400).

Afty
10-25-2001, 05:22 PM
Oh, I think a CVT would be great as a substitute for a normal automatic transmission. You'll get better performance and mileage from it, and it'll be smoother because it doesn't shift between gears. I just don't think they should offer it as a substitute for a manual.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-26-2001, 12:42 AM
Well I know that Audi's CVT vehicles outperform their manuals, so if Nissan's CVT is that efficient, I'd be fairly pleased with it in my new G35.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Where did you get this piece of info?
Everything I've been reading is saying the CVT is the equal to the manual but not surpassing it.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-26-2001, 12:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KrazeDiamond:

As for the Maxima, it's 5.9sec with 6-speed manual.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
And where did you get the 5.9 from? There has been a lot of talk on the Maxima forum about the 6 speed's times but no one has seen any tests yet.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-26-2001, 06:27 AM
WOW, Long discussion and Good point/counterpoint.
Lets Tackle this from each area...
Auto VS Stick(Manual):
The Market Bears Auto's. Less than 20% of compact, mid or intermediate luxury vehicles
sell with a Manual transmission as standard equip.
After all, it is to be LUXO and that means pampered and sometimes ultimately boring.
So Nissan IS going with the Market Sales for Profit. With a Man tranny to be a surprise addition later on.
255HP and FWD:
Torque steer is a standard which is accepted by most real drivers when high torque/hp is put at the steering wheels.
Think about this::: HONDA and Toyota have run low torque for years in comparison to HP.
Why would this be? Well as many of you know, Torque Steer. Americans were a tad shy of the FWD aspect. And to help change that, low torque and HP were kept as common.
And touting economy came the Selling key.
How many can attest to driving an import with only 52HP and 43lbs of torque? Sound Slow? It was, yet still faster than the VW
and more spirited and reliable than the MG, Renault, Saab, etc.. of the day. But that's another Story. images/icons/smile.gif

CVT vs Manual
For those that can remember, Dodges 727 Auto SMOKED the Muncie 4sp in 1/4 track times. And Dodge also made a pneumatic which could actually handle being thrown from reverse to 1st while moving.
Yet with the todays Fuel mileage and HP mixture, plus electronic controls, a NEWER concept other than BRUTE strength PARTS were needed.
And the CVT (idea) has been around in MANY forms for well over 20 years.
GM played with the idea back in the 60's using a centrifugal cluth system. And Citroen used a variable valve clutchless system also. In fact, Citroen technology was inline
with that of Tuckers Automobiles. Way ahead of the Big boys and on the edge of safety and experimental machines.
Enjoy the Day.
images/icons/cool.gif

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: RZ ]

**DONOTDELETE**
10-30-2001, 04:22 PM
This is a tad bit off the subject at hand, but I REALLY need the G35 to have a manual. On sunday night, my 5-speed G20 came to a quick and violent death when me and G-Money were T-Boned on the drivers side. Now this is a '92 G with no airbags and the auto seatbelt, I was able to walk away from this crash is record time. The estimate to repair my baby is $7000 but get this, it started right up and is drivable. Of course it isn't the prettiest thing around anymore, but it is one tough SOB, so if anyone is looking for spare parts, let me know. Also, I need STRONG SUPPORT from the FA alliance for me to hold off another 6 months or so until the new G comes out. I think his name will be G-Money2

thearabian
10-30-2001, 05:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mickdg20:
This is a tad bit off the subject at hand, but I REALLY need the G35 to have a manual. On sunday night, my 5-speed G20 came to a quick and violent death when me and G-Money were T-Boned on the drivers side. Now this is a '92 G with no airbags and the auto seatbelt, I was able to walk away from this crash is record time. The estimate to repair my baby is $7000 but get this, it started right up and is drivable. Of course it isn't the prettiest thing around anymore, but it is one tough SOB, so if anyone is looking for spare parts, let me know. Also, I need STRONG SUPPORT from the FA alliance for me to hold off another 6 months or so until the new G comes out. I think his name will be G-Money2<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry but at 70 grand, cant your insurance declare that as a "total" and refund you the car's value?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-30-2001, 09:31 PM
Looks like 7K, not 70K. Interesting names for your car. Seems like the G35 will initially be CVT and not manual, but you should wait anyway.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2001, 07:18 AM
Can anyone confirm the existance of a CVT? All that I've heard was that the XVL concept had the CVT, but nothing on the regular car.

I'm skpetical of the CVT since they can not handle large amounts of torque. Audi had to build their own to handle the power of their new 3.0l engine, which has 221 ft-lbs @ 3200 since there were none available to the market, and of course the nissan engine is a good deal more powerful than the Audi 3.0. And even on the 3.0, it can't handle the Quattro AWD system so a manual or a regular transmission is offered instead.

Anyway, the CVT is as fast as a manual, not any better. You can go to the Audi website (http://www.audiusa.com) and look. The new A4 and the 3.0 A6 have it. It's only as fast because it dosen't have to shift--which should also make a car very responsive as it can downshift very fast. Probably faster than a manual since there is no human element. Sure this takes no skill, but I'm one of those who preffer the pure efficency of a transmition rather than something that just feels better.

Maybe I'm the only person here who like to drive auto?

Afty
10-31-2001, 08:54 AM
Well, theoretically a CVT should be faster than a manual not just because it doesn't have to shift, but because it can let the car rev up to its maximum power point and just sit there. With a CVT, you can accelerate by changing the gear ratio rather than by making the engine spin to higher rpms. So if the VQ makes it's maximum hp at 5800 rpm, for example, when you floor the G35 CVT it should rev up to 5800 and stay there while the gear ratios change. That way, you can get the maximum power to the wheels no matter how fast you're going.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2001, 10:30 AM
Here are my guesses at what the G35 will be like based on the Nissan Skyline specs I found on the Japanese website compared to the '02 Maxima SE, the other car I am interested in buying:

112.2 inch wheelbase, Maxima is 108.3

184 inch length, Maxima is 190.5

255 HP rear wheel drive, eventually all-wheel drive, Maxima is 255 HP front wheel drive.

Automatic with a manual coming a little later (maybe a CVT option too), Maxima is 4 speed auto with a 6 speed manual that came out about 3 months after the Auto came out.

68.9 inch width, Maxima is 70 inch width

57.9 inch height, Maxima SE is like 56.7

Amazing 0.26 coefficient of drag with spoiler and sideskirts, 0.27 without, Maxima SE is .31

3280lb weight with 3.0L engine, Maxima SE is 3261.

52-48 front-rear weight distribution, Maxima 61-39.

Tires may be 225/50/17 like Max SE or may be 225/55/17 on current Skyline or 215/55/17 like Max GLE.

Interior Dimensions may be similar to Max and Altima, I can't find them on the Japanese website, maybe less room in the back seat due to smaller length of G35, but it does have a longer wheelbase so it may be about the same.

Cost was mentioned to start around $30K. With options like spoiler, etc., might be in low-mid 30's, Maxima SE with luxury items is $29-30K MSRP.

Exterior looks seem much more sporty that Max, and interior looks and quality should be as good or better than the Max. Probably 200 Watt Bose for both. Auto Air for both, doubt dual air controls for G35.

With CVT (if this gets made) or manual 0-60 times should be sub 6 seconds. Sub 7 second with an automatic. Maybe Slightly faster or about the same as the Max SE thanks to low 0.26 drag coefficient.

Handling, cornering should be better with RWD, lower drag coefficient, larger wheelbase, eventual AWD, etc.

Trunk seems likely to be smaller on G35 than Max. That's not a concern for me though.

Gas tank may be smaller due to RWD, Max is 18.5 gallons, Altima is 20 gallons. I would guess at least 15 for the G35 if not similar to the Max at 18.5.

Gas mileage should be similar for both Automatics, 26/20. Current Skyline 3.0 is rated 27 mpg (11.6L/km).

Turn radius is 36ft, Maxima SE is 40ft.

Ground Clearance is 5.5 inches for both cars.

Shifter looks pretty cool.

Can't wait for a test drive next Spring!

Here's a link to the Japanese site. http://www.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V35/0110/DATA/EXTERIOR/index.html

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: kevinjhen ]

[ 11-02-2001: Message edited by: kevinjhen ]

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2001, 12:30 PM
The '02 Audi A6 3.0 with CVT is about the only other vehicle I am interested in besides the G35 and Maxima. It's MSRP with similar options is $40K which makes it alot more expensive. It's interior and exterior dimensions are very similar to the Maxima. It does weigh 3516 lbs. Does 0-60 in 7.1 seconds. Coefficient of drag is 0.29 and gets 25/19 mpg from a 220HP engine. It has slightly less headroom in the front than the Maxima.

'97 S14 SE Turbo
10-31-2001, 03:01 PM
Nissan's CVT is the Hypoid CVT. It's a fairly advance design and is available for the Japan market Gloria sedan.

the only issue with the Hypoid CVT is that manufacturing cost have not decrease enough that the CVT would be a cheaper option. As it was, it's a $4k+ option on the Gloria.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2001, 08:45 PM
The reviews I have read about Audi's CVT aren't all that great, so it will be interesting to see if the G35 or next Maxima actually try to use it. $4K extra is quite a bit of a premium.

Buster
11-01-2001, 04:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kevinjhen:
The reviews I have read about Audi's CVT aren't all that great, so it will be interesting to see if the G35 or next Maxima actually try to use it. $4K extra is quite a bit of a premium.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't even consider a CVT. A 5 speed automatic or 6 speed manual should be the only transmissions driving a car of this caliber.

I don't remember the last time I saw a Honda Civic HX with a CVT. They've been around for several years.

nismo604
11-02-2001, 09:33 PM
About the currect tranny that the new skyline has I think nissan made a mistake on the ergonomics of how to engage the manumatic. First of, to switch it to manu mode you have to push away from you, thus making harder to reach, the Q has this problem too, it should towards you so its closer and easier to reach. Another thing is the action should simulate the way a CART or IRL car, pull back for up shifting and push down for down shifting rather than the current set up the exact reverse, the TL type s makes the same mistake, but for manu-mode you pull the lever towards to place it manu-mode thus making it easier to reach. Do any of you agree.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-03-2001, 11:47 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw that on the Skyline, that it was on the wrong side, away from the driver. If they leave it that way and just move the steering column to the left for us right-side drivers, then it would be the way we want it. Does that shifter self-center then after you down or up shift? Pushing forward upshifts? There's a plus sign at the top and a minus sign at the bottom. You would leave it on the right side in drive if you didn't want to do any manual shifts, is that right?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2001, 01:36 AM
I deciphered a little more of the Japanese Nissan site and found interior dimensions of the Cefiro (Maxima) and the Skyline (G35) and found my first disappointing news for me about the G35. The headroom is about an inch less, the front seats are each two inches narrower, and the interior cabin length is about 4 inches shorter. Otherwise the G35 beats the Maxima in every other category, except maybe trunk, and in price. I am still looking forward to a test drive come Spring, but realizing it may not be as comfortable of a fit for my tall frame. Everyone else should be drooling over the G35 though.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2001, 08:55 AM
I just got a email from Infiniti and they mentioned that the G35 may be out in Feb 2002.

They had been saying "Spring 2002".

As for the size (Kev) I am glad that it is smaller than a Maxima.

You'll fit (I hope), so don't worry about the size until you see the car.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2001, 02:42 PM
wives!?!#%*!?

Mine got the last new car (Toy. 4-Runner) and I got her 'old" car (Accord). I was wanting a 330 and she kept saying it was too small and the 530 was a bit pricey so I too am hoping that the G35 is at least as big inside as a 94 Accord (4 door). The other reason I did not want her too involved with the purchase is that I know if I got a 530, she would be driving it and I would get her old car (again!). But she does help out fanancialy though...(RN) images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Before I got a 2002 Maxima I would check out the new Altimas, I have not test driven one yet, but I will before Dec. (to get a free watch) and they seem to be a better value.

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: unleasHell ]

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2001, 04:12 PM
I've test driven the new Altimas and preferred the Maxima still, and of course my wife does too. The engine in the Max seems more powerful AND quieter probably due to the muffler setup. The leather interior has a better look and feel overall as well in the Max. But the G35 appears in almost every way to be better than a Maxima. Can't wait to see.

crunk
11-05-2001, 04:39 PM
i found a review of the skyline/g35 at this site, i don't know if it has been posted before http://www.4car.co.uk/
(just go to road tests then nissan then skyline 300gt.)are there any other reviews out there. this review doesn't seem to note road handling as a strong suite.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2001, 05:00 PM
thanks crunk

I had not seen that.

hey kev did you see this:

"Falling somewhere between the 3- and 5-Series for overall size, the Skyline gives you decent leg, head and shoulder-room, both in front and back."

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2001, 06:49 PM
Good article, except they only gave it 3/5 stars for fun to drive. They said it's length is 181 inches, but the other sites say 184 inches. It does have dual climate control. The back seats can be tilted back. There will be no manual, just the manumatic which I am still not sure if it re-centers itself when you shift or it stays in the position you shift it into. I think it must re-center or they wouldn't have put +/- and would have actually put the gear you were in on the gear box. They also are saying like 32.6mpg but that must be some goofy British conversion. They estimate 0-60 to be less than 7 seconds.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-06-2001, 01:23 AM
And I have to promote the G35 to my wife who is sold on a Maxima. My initial guess was that the G35 would be smaller interior-wise since the car is 6.5 inches shorter in length. Then when I found out about the larger wheelbase, I thought maybe it was just as big and they just chopped off the trunk, which was fine with me. I have an SUV for hauling big stuff anyway. But now I am back to looking at the Max since the Infiniti dealer and service dept. are two hours away and it might be a hassle if I have any problems with it. Can you service an Infiniti at a Nissan dealership and keep the warranty valid? I also have started thinking about the 2004 Maxima which may be based off the G35, but stretched a bit longer. RWD or AWD, with a 112 inch wheelbase and aerodynamic shape like the G35. My wife is getting impatient with me though, but she's not really helping with the money end of it either!

crunk
11-06-2001, 06:13 AM
the thing is these guys at this site are pretty harsh...they only give cars like the a6 and 5series 5 stars overall. even though there are no direct comparos, the a4, the is300 and 3series fair the same overall.

i'm just worried that nissan might have over-hyped this car and it might not quite live up to the hype(e.g. q45 and se-r's pre-release performance numbers).

**DONOTDELETE**
11-06-2001, 08:00 AM
There is actually very little hype, almost no info has been officaly released in the US. So little that I'm starting to lose intrest in the car.

As per in Japan, I hear that it's been quite controvertial since people didn't expect the Skyline and the GTR to become seperate. The new Skyline is now once again, just any old other car.

Oh yes, I did notice that in size, the V35 Skyline nearly matches the dimentions of the Jaguar X-type. So it really should be considered to be an entry-luxo sporty compact like the 3 series and not the 5 series. The wheelbase of the Skyline is huge for the overall length. 112" wheelbase on a 184" car. Nissan says it's as long as the Cima (Q45). Compared to larger cars like an Acura TL which is 193" long with a 108" wheelbase, it's quite extrodinary to have a relatively short car with such a large interior.

crunk
11-06-2001, 10:18 AM
short movie and more pics here (under testdrive report), nothing too special. (sorry i cannot translate japanese)sorry if this is a repeat post.

crunk
11-06-2001, 10:26 AM
sorry forgot link http://www.nissan.co.jp/XVL/

**DONOTDELETE**
11-06-2001, 11:52 AM
Nice to see the car in motion. I did see in the brochure that was sent out the other day that the steering wheels controls look the same on the Infiniti G35 as they did on the Skyline. Somebody had complained about that. Doesn't look like they are changing too much, if anything except the logo.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-07-2001, 08:41 AM
In the Infiniti brochure, the manumatic shifter is on the outer side further from the driver than when it is in the normal Drive position, so that it is an exact mirror of the right-hand drive Skyline.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-07-2001, 09:07 AM
The G35 also has the 3 point steering wheel.

nismo604
11-07-2001, 06:15 PM
Again I believe they made a mistake by place the manu-matic mode futher from the driver. And the action of it forward to upshift and back to down shift is incorrect. When you accelarate your weight is shifted backwards, so it is easier to shift up by pull,ing the lever backwards, the same goes for braking, your weight is shifted forward thus it is naturally easier to push forward to shift down. That is why all race cars that have sequencial shifters have the same action, that is if they still have a stick to actuate it. Formula One has paddles left to upshift and right to downshift.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-07-2001, 11:33 PM
I agree, but I guess they think that the average buyer would get confused. Maybe they will reverse it eventually if enough people complain. How does it work? Does it lock you into that gear or just limit you to no higher than that gear?

nismo604
11-08-2001, 08:06 PM
well if its anything like other systems that are out right now, which it probably is, the system will allow you to select gears manually, but it will up shift automatically if you get closer to the redline as a safety precaution. While sensible for the general public, for enthusiast its not really that great. If your use to a manual tranny you will be disappointed, about the only good thing about it is you don't push down on a clutch, which happens eliminate something I do like about standard tranny's. In these manu-matic systems since you don't have a clutch, basically all you do is select first and stomp on the gas which is like an automatic really only your selecting first for it, actually when you stop the system actually selects first gear for you anyways. What is missing it the capability to rev your engine and dump the clutch for a hard launch, the Ferrari system on the F360 Modena has a feature to try and get this back, after selecting first if you press the gas really hard instead of launching right away it will allow the engine to rev and then it will engage giving you that capability, but there is a delay, so before you want to launch you have to press the gas and just wait for the computer to engage it, not giving you the control of when to launch. What would be ideal is a system similar to race cars such as F1 and Cart where there is still a clutch to launch your car but then you don't need it anymore to go thru the rest of the gears, thus only needing clutch to get off from a standing start.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-08-2001, 10:17 PM
Touching back on the original topic that the "official" power is 255 hp (from the letters we received) I noticed today that the Infiniti web site states that the car has 260 hp. What's up with that?

While I'm happy with another 5 ponies I am still waiting for the 6 speed manual tranny. Also on the Infiniti web site is a link to a car magazine review (C&D or R&T, can't remember) that mentions a manual tranny and a possible CVT. While reading the article I'm thinking Infiniti would not post this article if it was full of BS but then the article states 270 hp. Finally, the regional Infiniti rep I dealt with guarantees that a stick will be available from day one.

I realize we have to wait another five months or so to know the full story but my patience sure is being tested.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-09-2001, 03:46 AM
No kidding... april... damnit

Dunno if I can wait that long to get a new car. @(*&#(*$@

Extra 5hp, yay, I don't think I really care. I guess it looks good on paper copmared to the TL/CL Type-S. No word on AWD and the CVT doesn't seem likely in the first year if they're still having problems now. Gosh damnit I really want to take this sucker out on a road test. At least Infiniti has finally released some real info.

crunk
11-09-2001, 09:38 AM
i wish there would be a consensus from infiniti on some of the more nebulous facts. is the release date feb, mar, or apr? 255 or 260 hp? i remember the infiniti site originally said 255, now their little flash show says 260. its all kinda annoying and turning me off a bit

Oscuro
11-09-2001, 07:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crunk:
i wish there would be a consensus from infiniti on some of the more nebulous facts. is the release date feb, mar, or apr? 255 or 260 hp? i remember the infiniti site originally said 255, now their little flash show says 260. its all kinda annoying and turning me off a bit<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I noticed that too. The Infiniti site now says 260 hp and release date of April '02. Maybe there is a "this information is subject to change" notice hidden somewhere images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-09-2001, 08:02 PM
Guys, time to stop running your big mouth and wait to hear the throaty roar of the NEW G35. One thing to concentrate on, so long as the numbers keep getting better, so what!! G20 to G35; 140 to 250 now 260 ponies; need I mention all the other amenties to soothe whomever is lucky enough to sit their butt down and DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVE. I will be there, your blah, blah, blah or not. Bye my G20 and let's reawaken my desire for luxury, fun and now thrills behind my NEW G35 wheels!!

**DONOTDELETE**
11-09-2001, 10:57 PM
Well, I don't understand the delay from Feb to April when the car is selling in Japan as the Skyline already and we will just get a mirror version with a different badge, unless sales are going a little too well over there and production can't keep up. But when you set a date you really should stick to it. I thought only Microsoft got away with late delivery dates. You generate more enthusiasm if something comes earlier than expected and not later. They should have started with the April date. But it is better to be late as long as they get it right. The G35 will be awesome.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-10-2001, 06:50 AM
Well the US version has a different engine--the 3.5 liter versus the 3.0 liter on the top model 300GT. So they need to test that, the new CVT that they're trying to fix, and pass emissions. There are no other major or moderate changes that I'm aware of.

The US has rather poorly refined gas so passing emmisions test may take some time since our standards are stricter than anywhere else in the world. Ironic that our gas is of low quality isn't it? And of course there is always a waiting list since our governement is so very efficent at processing things. *cough*

chiphead
11-10-2001, 08:29 AM
If you can read Japanese, take a gander at:
http://auto.ascii24.com/auto24/issue/2001/0619/10npr_ks0619_02.html

The gist of the article is that Mizuno (the guy in charge of G35 design) thinks that most people don't need a manual and he wanted to make the manual version something special. Note that he has worked on the Nissan Le Mans team, so he does have some ideas about performance images/icons/wink.gif He also says they are considering a 2 door version.

Is there any logical reason why a 6-speed manual wouldn't be offered in the first year of production? Is there a logical reason why a manual wouldn't be considered at the first steps of engineering a premium sports sedan? If you have answers, please enlighten me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: chiphead ]

chiphead
11-10-2001, 08:40 AM
The Nissan Skyline is a new car, even in Japan. And no it doesn't have a manual.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hankr:
This is not a new car... it is only new to the U.S. market. The MTX exists today and should be available with the initial North American release of the car. To do otherwise would be following Lexus's stupid mistake with the IS300... every first-year IS300 review was qualified by "but no MTX".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
11-14-2001, 08:15 PM
Well I know that Audi's CVT vehicles outperform their manuals, so if Nissan's CVT is that efficient, I'd be fairly pleased with it in my new G35.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Audi's CVT can handle somewhere around 260HP. That's the most powerful CVT out there. Nissan can't put a CVT on the G35 unless they use Audi's. Plus, the Japanese CVTs require specially formulated transmission fluid, unlike Audi's. And yes, the Audi CVT's performance is supposed to be the same as a manual transmission in capable hands.

Infiniti
11-14-2001, 09:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 240SX SE:

Audi's CVT can handle somewhere around 260HP. That's the most powerful CVT out there. Nissan can't put a CVT on the G35 unless they use Audi's. Plus, the Japanese CVTs require specially formulated transmission fluid, unlike Audi's. And yes, the Audi CVT's performance is supposed to be the same as a manual transmission in capable hands.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong there my friend. Audi's CVT can only be used for FWD and as of now is only available on 220hp models of the A6 and A4. Nissan's has a different design than the other CVTs. instead of belts, it using rolling discs. In the near future, the other manufacturerers will be moving on to rolling discs. Nissans CVT can work with RWD as it has been used on the Gloria for several years, and that car has "280 ps". Please, know what you speak of before you do so.

Infiniti
11-14-2001, 09:44 PM
Plus, the G35 in its concept days as the XVL, originally debuted with a CVT with a 260hp 3.0 direct injection motor.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-16-2001, 12:26 AM
I read an article in the back of road and track's latest issue saying that the Audi Mulitronic CVT is NOT the strongest available. There are Japanese ones that can handle very high torque loads, but they do not function the way that Audi wanted. The special transmission fluid was one, the method of controling another. There were a few more, but I don't have the magazine on hand right now.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2001, 07:45 AM
I also noticed on the Skyline photos that there are some controls on the inside of the front seats. Are those the window or door lock controls? Why are they on the passenger seats as well? There appears to be some sort of control on the door as well. Why not put all window and door controls on the door and not on the seats?

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: kevinjhen ]

**DONOTDELETE**
11-23-2001, 04:58 PM
Alright people, I recently drove an Audi A6 3.0 auto trans with manual mode. Did not like it at all. Nice car, good speed, decent handling, NO FUN. images/icons/shocked.gif
I sent an email to Infiniti asking about the Car and Driver article that mentions the MT 2 weeks ago to verify if this was true. Still waiting for response.
I had believed that I would buy the G35 and I thought that I would be able to live with out the stick, but I found out that I can't. Hopefully they will do the right thing and make it available.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-07-2002, 09:09 AM
images/icons/wink.gif

a3a12498_Richard
07-07-2002, 10:39 AM
Is there a reason for your resurrecting 6-8 month old threads?

Originally posted by Spinnaker:
images/icons/wink.gif <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]

tonyg35
07-07-2002, 01:00 PM
I think it's time for the Mods to do their thing.
"book 'em Dano" and close them.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-08-2002, 12:48 AM
WTF? Post ***** maybe?