PDA

View Full Version : More Info on G35



**DONOTDELETE**
12-19-2001, 01:58 AM
Looks like Infiniti just updated their site with much more info and shots on the G35. Still no word on manual transmission.
http://www.infiniti.com/g35

wxguy95
12-19-2001, 06:58 AM
Thanks for seeing that.

Intresting that the G35 only gets an estimated EPA 19/24 mpg with a .27 cf drag. Otherwise, nice pictures.

I wish they would let us know about the coupe version of this thing. images/icons/frown.gif

-Mike

**DONOTDELETE**
12-19-2001, 09:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wxguy95:
Thanks for seeing that.

Intresting that the G35 only gets an estimated EPA 19/24 mpg with a .27 cf drag. Otherwise, nice pictures.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That does sound promising though... (in performance part of story) It sounds as if the auto has pretty close ratio to optimize the power from engine ^_^

GroovinGTR
12-19-2001, 10:42 AM
I really liked the pics of the interior, real sporty and luxurious. I didn't know the back seats were gonna recline. That's gotta be a first for this segment. It looks awesome in black. I can't wait! images/icons/grin.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-19-2001, 12:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jinu117:


That does sound promising though... (in performance part of story) It sounds as if the auto has pretty close ratio to optimize the power from engine ^_^<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
These are conservative ratings based on Weight and CC's. Drag and rotating mass are not a part of the equation.
Only after Pre-production usage and testing, will the 'closer to reality' specs show the Fed EPA estimates.
FYI

**DONOTDELETE**
12-19-2001, 02:41 PM
Did I forget to mention the reclining backseats before? The analog clock, I don't think I like. Everything else is still looking good. The interior looks a little nicer than the Japanese Skyline version. Please bring this sooner than April. The autshow in Detroit is in a few weeks and it will be there. Also the Chicago Auto Show will be Feb 10th-19th, I might go to that one. My wife's car got backed into by a semi two days ago while sitting in a parking lot, and although it still runs fine, it appears to be totalled with a big gash behind the back door. I am hoping we can get a backup car until the G35 comes out or we may have to go with a new Maxima or a used ('95?)Maxima.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-19-2001, 02:42 PM
I hope the sunroof is an option.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-19-2001, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GroovinGTR:
I really liked the pics of the interior, real sporty and luxurious. I didn't know the back seats were gonna recline. That's gotta be a first for this segment. It looks awesome in black. I can't wait! images/icons/grin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like someone pointing out before, the interior gadges don't optimize for left hand side driver. It seems like they just switch the steering wheel from right to left and leave others unchange (notice the volumne nob is near the passenger's side than the driver's side etc). Very disappointed. When I first learned about it, I thought it's not the final production. But now, it seems true images/icons/confused.gif

wxguy95
12-19-2001, 03:36 PM
I know that it comes with a sunroof, but I haven't heard if its an option.

I hope it comes with a sunroof standard so that they keep the price down. I'm slightly worried that they will option us to death.

-Mike

B14SR20DE
12-19-2001, 05:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rockon:


Like someone pointing out before, the interior gadges don't optimize for left hand side driver. It seems like they just switch the steering wheel from right to left and leave others unchange (notice the volumne nob is near the passenger's side than the driver's side etc). Very disappointed. When I first learned about it, I thought it's not the final production. But now, it seems true images/icons/confused.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i noticed the volume controller was far from the driver too [it's also like that on the Q45], but then i remembered the radio controls on the steering wheel.. so it makes sense; i hate having to reach over to the left side of the stereo to change the volume when im a passenger in a car images/icons/grin.gif

skibum1981
12-19-2001, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B14SR20DE:


i noticed the volume controller was far from the driver too [it's also like that on the Q45], but then i remembered the radio controls on the steering wheel.. so it makes sense; i hate having to reach over to the left side of the stereo to change the volume when im a passenger in a car images/icons/grin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


Unfortunately, the radio controls on the steering wheel are an option, are they not? I hope that they did this only for the models that come with the radio controls on the steering wheel, though I highly doubt it.

thearabian
12-19-2001, 07:21 PM
wow this car is gonna be a bombshell in the compact luxury segment

if only it has a manual transmission right off the bat

**DONOTDELETE**
12-20-2001, 01:14 AM
What's going on? All I see is the intro. then everything turns gray and no server response...is anyone else experiencing this?

Reply-ASAP images/icons/frown.gif

BTW...MY 600th POST! images/icons/grin.gif

-Blazin-Red-GTR

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Blazin-Red-GTR ]

GroovinGTR
12-20-2001, 01:24 AM
Try again dude, if you skip intro then it should take you to a screen saying "Thrilling..." with several links and pics. I just tried it and it works.

B14SR20DE
12-20-2001, 01:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by skibum1981:



Unfortunately, the radio controls on the steering wheel are an option, are they not? I hope that they did this only for the models that come with the radio controls on the steering wheel, though I highly doubt it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, i went back to the site and read that the stereo controls on the wheel are optional, as well as the bose system [well, they probably come together].. i keep forgetting this is supposed to replace the G20

FanaticZ
12-20-2001, 01:59 AM
man, this is the car. this will be the one that brings infiniti all the way back.
http://www.infiniti.com/ms/future/g35/images/g35_wallpaper3.jpg

NissLover
12-20-2001, 09:38 PM
Infiniti has determined their future wit this car. Success. I think it is going to be a very big competitor of the 3series. I also think it is going to be able to keep up wit the 3 in performance from looking at the videos on the updated sit.WHOA!!!! images/icons/shocked.gif

MY OPIN.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-21-2001, 05:43 PM
Yea, this is definitely going to be my next car. But I'll wait for the AWD and CVT. Gotta have them images/icons/smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NissLover:
Infiniti has determined their future wit this car. Success. I think it is going to be a very big competitor of the 3series. I also think it is going to be able to keep up wit the 3 in performance from looking at the videos on the updated sit.WHOA!!!! images/icons/shocked.gif

MY OPIN.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nismo604
12-21-2001, 09:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> not only that but the way the Automatic manual mode is placed is totally wrong you have to push it away from the driver to put in Manu-mode, they should make it so it is closer to the driver rather than futher, stupid mistake, they should just copy the TL in that regard. One other thing is instead of pushing forward to upshift and pull backward to downshift they should reverse it, just like it is in race cars, reason being when you accelarate your weight is being pushed back and it will be easier to shift up the box by pulling back, same goes for down shift, when you brake weight is shifted forward and it will be easier to push forward to down shift.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-21-2001, 10:19 PM
Did anyone else notice the leather seat bottom cushion on the G35 has like perforated holes in it? I saw this on the new Highlander and think it makes it look cheaper. Is it better to have holes for ventilation or what?

FanaticZ
12-21-2001, 11:04 PM
i think they use perforated leather seats because it helps to keep them cooler in hot weather.

as far as the shifter, nissan actually did reverse it for the g35 so thats how they want it set up. here's a jdm skyline pic and as u can see its the other way round. i think a lot of people would get confused if upshifting was down and down shifting was up. http://www.webcg.net/WEBCG/specials/skyline/images/288/01.jpg

for the stereo volume, i don't know, it seems a little strange they would leave the volume on the right side, but this isn't exactly a buick, all the buttons on the dash should be fairly close to the driver. i have a feeling they might change the buttons around though, these are kinda
pre-preproduction car pics, i'll live if they don't though as long as it sounds good.

Nizzan
12-22-2001, 06:49 AM
Either that or it's a way of cutting costs.

FanaticZ
12-22-2001, 10:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR> From micro-perforated leather seats that allow the air to circulate freely between your legs and the seat, thus diminishing perspiration, to the absolute space surrounding you, the BMW 7 Series is surely the most comfortable car on the road. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nismo604
12-22-2001, 12:10 PM
if you take at the last pic you will see what I mean about the manu-mode of the automatic you have to push it away you, which doesn't make sense, as a driver you would want it closer to you.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-23-2001, 10:49 PM
Ok...now I feel totally left out. Now not only are the links not working but the intro isn't working either. All I see is the orange bar that shows the status of loading, then when it's done it stops doing anything it just stays gray...and once again no server response.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP...WHAT NOW?

___________________
Frustrated,
-BLAZIN'

[ 12-23-2001: Message edited by: Blazin-Red-GTR ]

paulb
12-23-2001, 11:33 PM
clear your browser's cache.

For IE click on Tools Internet Options Click on Delete Files (it's in the center section of the General tab)

also make sure you have latest version (5) of Flash

UHEARDME
12-24-2001, 07:05 AM
Can someone point me to where I can get the exact interior dimensions, trunk volume, etc. of the G35 (assuming this info is available)? Thanks!

Nizzan
12-24-2001, 07:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UHEARDME:
Can someone point me to where I can get the exact interior dimensions, trunk volume, etc. of the G35 (assuming this info is available)? Thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most likely you have been here. But I hope that you can find something. http://www.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V35/0110/DATA/MAIN/index.html

UHEARDME
12-24-2001, 12:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nizzan:


Most likely you have been here. But I hope that you can find something. http://www.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V35/0110/DATA/MAIN/index.html<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, but it is all in Japanese and I do not seem to be able to scroll on the page. Is there anywhere else where interior dimesions and trunk volume can be read? Thanks!

FanaticZ
12-24-2001, 02:34 PM
i clicked on the link and it did exactly what u said, the yellow bar was loading and then the square went blank-just grey, so i clicked the grey area a few times and it started loading again but with a skip intro button in the bottom left corner and it then worked fine.

paulb
12-24-2001, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UHEARDME:


Thanks, but it is all in Japanese and I do not seem to be able to scroll on the page. Is there anywhere else where interior dimesions and trunk volume can be read? Thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V35/0110/DATA/SPEC/index.html

click on the right most tab (has 3 characters on it). Image of g35 will appear and you can either click on the side or top to see dimesions for the interior (they're in mm; multiply by 0.04 to get inches).

[ 12-24-2001: Message edited by: paulb ]

**DONOTDELETE**
12-25-2001, 01:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paulb:
clear your browser's cache.

For IE click on Tools Internet Options Click on Delete Files (it's in the center section of the General tab)

also make sure you have latest version (5) of Flash<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I tried that, I even erased all the cookies and offline content too...still doesn't work. I also went to Macromedia's site and tried to download v5 and it said I already had version 5. So now what?

images/icons/confused.gif
_____________________
Confused,
-BLAZIN'

**DONOTDELETE**
12-25-2001, 09:49 PM
g35 Dimensions (I posted these awhile back). I don't know what the volumes are. The front headroom was like 39.3 and the backseat around 37 inches.

112.2 inch wheelbase, Maxima is 108.3

184 inch length, Maxima is 190.5

255 (260 now?) HP rear wheel drive, Maxima is rated 255 HP front wheel drive.

68.9 inch width, Maxima is 70 inch width

57.9 inch height, Maxima SE is like 56.7

Amazing 0.26 coefficient of drag with spoiler and sideskirts, 0.27 without, Maxima SE is .31

3280lb weight with 3.0L engine in the Japanese version Skyline, Maxima SE is 3261.

52-48 front-rear weight distribution, Maxima 61-39.

Turn radius is 36ft.

Ground Clearance is 5.5 inches.

The interior length is 4 inches shorter than the Maxima. The interior width is about the same. The front seats are each 2 inches narrower. The back seats are longer than the Maxima's providing more space for the fuel tank underneath.

[ 12-25-2001: Message edited by: kevinjhen ]

shaun
12-25-2001, 09:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kevinjhen:
I hope the sunroof is an option.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

im sure it will be...but like all infiniti's you wont be able to find one on the lot without a sunroof.

shaun
12-25-2001, 09:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NissLover:
Infiniti has determined their future wit this car. Success. I think it is going to be a very big competitor of the 3series. I also think it is going to be able to keep up wit the 3 in performance from looking at the videos on the updated sit.WHOA!!!! images/icons/shocked.gif

MY OPIN.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

keep up with the 3?? i think the only three series it wont be able to smoke would be the m3...and that's not really a 3-series

**DONOTDELETE**
12-26-2001, 12:11 AM
I finally figured out what it resembles. A japanese version of that HORRIBLE Cady CTS. THey look SIMILAR.

Infiniti
12-26-2001, 10:42 AM
The Skylines design came out in 1999. The CTS, if anything, resembles the Skyline/G35. Dont you have anything constructive to say? Its quite ridiculous how childish you are. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

greg_atlanta
12-26-2001, 09:47 PM
Looks like lots of pricey options.... but I guess that's a good thing so they can keep the base price reasonable. Problem is that it complicates the buying process when you have soooooooo many available combinations. But if I buy one, I'm willing to special order.... provided my Q45 holds up in the meantime. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

a3a12498_Richard
12-27-2001, 05:25 PM
I created an Excel spreadsheet comparing size, HP, and price of the G35 to several competitiors, including BMW 330 / 530, VW Passat, Audi A4 / A6, Lexus ES300, and Jaguar X-type. The G35 looks very good in all categories, and is considerably cheaper than most of these.
I have put a deposit on one fully loaded, which means: Premium IS Luxury Plus, Navigation, and Aero Package. Expected delivery is late March 2002. While the prices are in Canadian dollars, it is relative for the US as well. If you want a copy, e-mail me, and I will be happy to send it to you.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-08-2002, 12:39 AM
The Infiniti site now has pricing, colors, and options! There's also info on the coupe.