PDA

View Full Version : The Official "I want a G35 and here's what I'm getting" thread...

**DONOTDELETE**
01-07-2002, 10:48 PM
Greetings, kids! Long-time lurker, first time poster. I'm sure that I'm as excited as the rest of you that have been following the progress of the G35 for the last few months.

Anyway, I'm currently in an '01 Acura CL-S which is due up for lease turn-in in April. As my third Honda product, I've been sorely disappointed in this car. I've visited the shop eight times in the last twenty months of ownership and yes, I'm one of those poor bastards that has had their tranny replaced. images/icons/shocked.gif The G35 is neck-in-neck running with the 330ci for my next vehicular obsession. With the release of pricing today and a call to my local Infiniti dealer (Crest in Plano, TX), I am well on my way to salivating in anticipation for the next four months. I even had the pricing before the dealership and e-mailed them links to the press releases trying to score some points for a "super secret" test drive. images/icons/wink.gif Anybody have any experience with Crest Infiniti? Good dealer?

Here's what I want working off of this price sheet (http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/pr_events/2002/detroit/g35/pricingsheet.doc):

G35 Sport Sedan w/leather
(Twilight Blue w/graphite interior)
$28,950

Options:
Sport-Tuned Suspension Package - $425
Premium Package - $2,200
Sunroof - $1,000
Winter Package - Sport - $600
(I want the heated seats and will most likely go aftermmarket for wheels and tires, so the "All Seasons" are of no consequence)
Aero Package (not crazy about the spoiler, but want the side skirts) - $550
Xenon Headlights - $550

OPTIONS TOTAL = $5,325

Destination and Handling - $545

GRAND TOTAL = $34,820

Not too bad. The only thing I'm really concerned about at this point is rumored "Super Sport Package" (as seen on this site) that brings it up to 280HP, supposedly tightens the suspension even more, upgrades the brake pads and adds sport seats to the mix. I CANNOT wait until September for this car and won't be able to hold out till then. While the package deal is $2,200 (not confirmed AFAIK by a press release), I'm hoping that I can get the NISMO suspension and mods separately and not get raped in the process via the install labor. What are everyone's thoughts on the engine mods to bring the spec up to 280HP? Simple CAI and tuned exhaust? I/H/E?

One more thing. Since I'm already contemplating aftermarket wheels, is the '02 Altima a likely fitment match for shopping at Tirerack (http://www.tirerack.com)? I'd like to go 18"x8" with some 235/45/18 rubber. Any rubbing problems that you Nissan/Infiniti experts can predict with that size?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to many lengthy discussions in the months to come! Oh yeah, tell everyone what your G35's going to be made of! images/icons/wink.gif

Swifty949
01-07-2002, 11:55 PM
wow thats great news. I personally wouldn't go for any of the body mods...look how TRD raped all those poor Celica customers. I'm sure we'll see some nice stuff for the G/v 35 next week at the Tokyo Auto Salon.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-08-2002, 08:31 AM
i'm so pissed that the g35 is coming out in march and not now... i just coudn't wait any longer since my sister's car broke down and she took mine, which i said i would give her when her's finaly died. so now i'm stuck without a car and had to go for the bmw 325 instead of the g35. ARGH!!!

just a few freaking months more and... images/icons/mad.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-08-2002, 11:38 AM
That is getting pretty expensive...
(I don't understand the "premium option" package... they should be in their by default IMHO)
I figured mine would run in $34-35k MSRP. Probably little bit less than MSRP. Considering the going price for I35, G35 with similar option will probably be more expensive than I35 images/icons/frown.gif
All the handling and power is exciting to hear... but the price is no no at this point for me. Look at the price of Acura TL-S. This is still 2-3k north of Acura for similary equipped car. I might as well seriously start looking at 330 now. (And Infiniti necessarily don't have the best resale value on market)
What do you think the car will sell for under MSRP? Still trying to get under 32k with all the option I am interested in. (premium, navi, xenon, sunroof, sports suspension)
That premium package is total rip off as you add premium + base leather > I35 base MSRP(which includes pretty much all the premium stuff)

GroovinGTR
01-08-2002, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>jinu117 That is getting pretty expensive...
(I don't understand the "premium option" package... they should be in their by default IMHO)
I figured mine would run in $34-35k MSRP. Probably little bit less than MSRP. Considering the going price for I35, G35 with similar option will probably be more expensive than I35
All the handling and power is exciting to hear... but the price is no no at this point for me. Look at the price of Acura TL-S. This is still 2-3k north of Acura for similary equipped car. I might as well seriously start looking at 330 now. (And Infiniti necessarily don't have the best resale value on market)
What do you think the car will sell for under MSRP? Still trying to get under 32k with all the option I am interested in. (premium, navi, xenon, sunroof, sports suspension)
That premium package is total rip off as you add premium + base leather &gt; I35 base MSRP(which includes pretty much all the premium stuff) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I admit that the TL Type-s is an amazing value, but with navi and the front/side spoilers, it clocks in pretty close to 34k. My girlfriend and I went car shopping and the Type-S was on the list. We looked at it and didn't walk away excited. It's nice and all, drives great(6-speed should be perfect), but the exterior and interior are just kinda dull. IMO the interior is not that special. Anyway, she's the type of chick that wants a "cute" car, so we went to the Bimmer dealership. She leased a loaded 330i, every option - navi, steptronic($1,500 for an auto?!? Well she can't shift and talk on her cell while her nails dry, can she?), wood, premium audio, sunroof, xenon, etc. The car was damn close to an M3ish price, about 43k. I like the way the BMW drives and when I test the G35 in April and it drives close to the same, I sure as hell will buy it. I imagine the I35 will have some better deals starting soon.

tnewga
01-08-2002, 05:02 PM
kevinjhen, you have the same configuration I want, but Nissan/Infiniti gets tricky with the options. If you get the Sport Package($425) you HAVE to get either the Aero Pkg($550) w/sunroof($1000), or Winter Sport Pkg($600) w/ sunroof($1000) & Bose($900). images/icons/mad.gif Why oh why must it be this way. So your total MSRP will be $31470 or $32420 and these prices include destination charges of $545.

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: GAnissan42 ]

greg_atlanta
01-08-2002, 06:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GAnissan42:
kevinjhen, you have the same configuration I want, but Nissan/Infiniti gets tricky with the options. If you get the Sport Package($425) you HAVE to get either the Aero Pkg($550) w/sunroof($1000), or Winter Sport Pkg($600) w/ sunroof($1000) & Bose($900). images/icons/mad.gif Why oh why must it be this way. So your total MSRP will be $31470 or $32420 and these prices include destination charges of $545.

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: GAnissan42 ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the winter package cancels out the summer tires in the sport package... back to all-season tires.

All the more reason to wait 'til the 2004 model !!!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-08-2002, 10:41 PM
Well, I guess I would drop the Sport package then and just go with the base leather model for $29,495 and then keep thinking about getting the premium option. Why don't they put the 225/50/17 tires on it like the Maxima SE has?

When you are paying $30K+ for a car, you should be able to configure it the way you want it straight from the factory. If they are going to bundle everything anyway then don't list them as individual options.

I still think think is a better car than a 2002 Maxima SE, and can't wait to see and drive one.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-09-2002, 01:43 AM
Mine would be a:
G35 Sedan w\leather $28,950
Sport-tuned $425
Shipping $545
Total: $29,920

It may be a year before I get one though. I would like the premium package but at $2200 + $1000 for required sunroof, it seems too much. Auto headlights should be standard on any new car. I haven't decided on colors yet until I see one in person. Probably silver with lighter color interior.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-09-2002, 03:30 AM
I orded mine fully loaded $35725.
NAV / Winter / Sports / Premium / Leather

Will order Nismo front spoiler and TV tuner from Japan after I take delivery of the vehicle. images/icons/grin.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-09-2002, 02:48 PM
Limited options, here's the breakdown on what I might want of what is available on the G35. If you get leather you get a sunroof, it's not really an option.

$27,100: Cloth
$30,925: Leather, Sport, Aero
$31,875: Leather, Sport, Winter, Bose
$32,950: Leather, Premium, Wood
$33,675: Leather, Premium, Sport, Aero

The Cloth version seems the best value. It would be nice to add a few features to it like auto headlights, maybe 2004 that become standard. Otherwise I would go with the loaded $33,675 version above. The $32,950 version would be my next choice. The price does seem high now since alot of the extras that I don't want (like the sunroof) really add up. I really don't want to pay much over $30K for my next car, otherwise the Maxima creeps back in there as being a much better buy for the money.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: kevinjhen ]

**DONOTDELETE**
01-10-2002, 10:24 AM
Comparison of G35 and Maxima:
The base G35 and the base Maxima GLE both are priced at $27K. Here's what you get with each and not the other...

--Maxima GLE--
Xenon headlights
Memory Seats
Auto Headlights
200 Watt 7 Bose Speakers vs 120 Watt 6 Standard Speakers
Power Driver's Seat
Radio Steering wheel controls
Leather Seats vs Cloth
Power Passenger Seats
Better fuel economy 26/20 vs 24/19
Slightly Larger trunk 15.0 vs 14.5
FWD (winter time)
17" wheels vs 16"
Fog lights
Digital clock vs Analog clock
Rear seat fold downs vs Armrest passthrough

--Base G35--
Independent Suspension
RWD
slightly more horespower and torque 260 vs 255HP
Larger gas tank 20 gallons vs 18.5
36' turning circle vs 40'
Manumatic shifter vs gated shifter
Exterior styling
Larger Brakes 11.7 inch vs 11 inch
Longer wheelbase 112 vs 108
Coefficient of drag .27 vs .31

Now a comparison of a loaded G35 and a loaded Maxima SE.

--Maxima SE ($29.5K)--
Fuel economy 26/20 vs 24/19
FWD (winter)
225/50/17 tires vs 215/55/17
non-perforated leather vs perforated leather
Titanium guages
Fog lights
slightly larger trunk 15 vs 14.5 cubic feet
digital clock vs analog clock
$4000 cheaper than G35 $29.5K vs $33.5K

--G35 loaded ($33.5K)--
Dual climate control
Reclining rear seats
Independent suspension
RWD
More horsepower and torque 260ft-lbs vs 246
Larger gas tank 20 to 18.5
Smaller 36' turn radius to 40'
Manumatic shifter vs gated shifter
Exterior styling
Larger Brakes 11.7 inch vs 11 inch
Longer wheelbase 112 vs 108
Coefficient of drag .27 vs .31

So it seems the Maxima GLE has alot more luxury for the money than the same priced base G35 although the G35 wins on performance. A loaded G35 beats the loaded Maxima SE in almost everyway but there is also a $4000 premium for that improved performance and matching luxury.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: kevinjhen ]

**DONOTDELETE**
01-10-2002, 12:34 PM
Perfect car for me would be the Infiniti G35 with leather and sport package. Remove the sunroof and replace the perforated leather with that of the Maxima's. Use the Maxima SE's 225/50/17 tires and cool titanium gauges and used a digital clock instead of the analog one. And maybe even make the car AWD. Give me a test drive and you have yourself a first time new Nissan\Infiniti car buyer.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-10-2002, 02:03 PM
As a former Infiniti salesperson, Nissan loyalist, and 330i owner (well, lessee anyway), I thought I would respond.

You have to go apples-to-apples with these cars. A base 330i is $34K and is equipped very similarly to the base G35, some would say better (it depends on how you feel on cloth vs. vinyl). So there is a $7K advantage. A better way to look at it is that the G35 actually competes with the 325i, price-wise.

What do you get in the Nissan that you do not get in the Bimmer? Well, 33 horsepower, to begin with. You get a better warranty, but lose free maintenance. You lose some neighbor-envy, but you gain the knowledge that you have a unique and interesting vehicle.

Now, compare the G35 to the 325 and you see that you pay the same money for the same equipment and get eighty horsepower or so, plus all of the above issues.

That being said, I'll tell you why I bought the BMW (a 330i Sport, MSRP $40K) and why I would buy it again. The BMW Sport package looks nice without making your friends think you were Vin Diesel's stunt driver. The BMW is a smaller, lighter car and will probably outhandle the G. Most importantly, BMW doesn't screw around with transmissions like Nissan and Toyota. A stick is ALWAYS available from Day One in both the three and five series, and it's always available with ALL the engines. (True, in the case of the 540i you will pay extra, but so what?)
&lt;P&gt;
Last year I drove an IS300. Seemed like a nice car, but it was auto-only. In July of this year, the G35 hype was ramping up, but I didn't trust Nissan to bring the right car over, so I got the BMW. Glad I did. Now Lexus finally has the right IS300 at the right price, but it's too late, and it's too late for Nissan to get my business on this one.
&lt;P&gt;
Maybe I'll get a G35 in two and a half years. Who knows? But if Nissan had announced and guaranteed a stick shift ahead of time, instead of waffling, I would have at least waited to look at the G35 - and I suspect that the extra HP and lower price would have been a solid inducement, especially combined with a nice 6-speed.
&lt;p&gt;
The problem with Nissan and Toyota is that they do 'enthusiasm' when it suits them, not ALL THE TIME, like BMW and Audi do. BMW will ALWAYS give you a stick. They will ALWAYS give you a factory suspension or wheel option. They will ALWAYS cater to the enthusiast. Nissan, by contrast, waffles back and forth. Look at the '97 Q. Look at the lack of a J41 or a stick-shift J. Look at their refusal to at least put the frickin' 175-hp motor in the G20!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-10-2002, 03:27 PM
You really hit the nail on the head with this one. I have been carless, yes without wheel other than the minivan, for over 2 months since my G20 came to an untimely death. I REALLY want this G35, but I NEED a stick. I am not buying a sports sedan without a sports transmission.

I have emailed Infiniti a number of times on the issue and so far, I have not gotten the answer that I am looking for.

Does Ininiti know that there is a market of buyers out there who want sticks? They have to. I think this why Audi and BMW are doing so well in the sport sedan market. No one else is tapping into that market. I have $$'s to spend, I will not spend it on a car that isn't fun to driveor can haul my clan around.

They can talk all they want to about manual mode, but that doesn't mean a damn thing. Why waste time putting in a toy that won't get used?

I WANT THE G35, but my brochure for the Audi A4 came in the mail today. Gotta go!!!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-10-2002, 03:32 PM
To limit costs, Nissan limits options, which also limits customers which limits sales which limits profits which means they have to see if they can limit costs again.

I think they should have put the 2.5 liter in the G20 this year to boost sales and name recognition of Infiniti before the G35 came out. Manuals should be offered on all these sport sedans, just charge the same price as the automatics to keep it alive as an option for the enthusiasts. Let the customers configure the options of what they want. They might cost more to the consumer ala carte, but may still be cheaper than getting features that aren't wanted.

greg_atlanta
01-10-2002, 06:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by unleasHell:
I want leather but NOT a sunroof

The 330 is on the Car & Driver best 10 (for like the 100th time) and just won the best Competition (out of 6 or so) cars in the newest C & D issue.

The C&D guys love that car (330), I am very anxious to see how the G35 compares to it in the real world not just horsepower (on paper).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want a sunroof but not leather. Maybe we can swap seats!
images/icons/smile.gif

Don't let C&D decide what car you want. Remember, magazines compare new cars for short periods of time. They don't OWN cars. Sure, they have a long-term test now and then, but not long enough to get beyond the warranty period.

BMWs can be a nightmare after about 50K miles. Plus, they're a dime a dozen -- haven't changed much in the last 10 years.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-11-2002, 01:36 AM
kev, I agree with your thinking..

I want leather but NOT a sunroof
(is that too much to ask Nissan?)

I also like the $32.9k package
add destination and it is $33.5k

Now if we can get a $2k or 3K discount
then we are back down near $30k

If they are gonna hold fast on the price
I may be back looking at BMW 330's
Even with just the bare options
it is around $38k, now if I can get
say $3k off to bring it to $35 vs $34 (G35)
I may just get that instead.

The 330 is on the Car & Driver best 10 (for like the 100th time) and just won the best Competition (out of 6 or so) cars in the newest C & D issue.

The C&D guys love that car (330), I am very anxious to see how the G35 compares to it in the real world not just horsepower (on paper).

**DONOTDELETE**
01-11-2002, 09:36 AM
greg, great idea about switching seats, lets meet in the middle, Texas? and bring your socket set!

I am still very much into the G35, like I said somewhere around here, if I can get a couple of grand off of the $33.9k package I'll be happy.

The BMW thing is that it is darn near impossible to find anyone (press & owners)who has anything negitive to say about them.

BACk TO THE Leather issue: I actually have sheepskin seatcovers (which I love) over my leatherseats now, so if I do that with the G35, why get leather?,

ok to get the upgaded stereo, well the in-dash 6-CD changer is standard and if all they are gonna do is add some cheap Amp and upgrade the speakers slightly, well I can pull my MB-Quarts and PPI amps out my present car and upgrade myself.

Ok, how about the 17" tires/rims? well 17" tires cost about $50 EACH more than 16" ones.
Heck I have 15" on my Honda and had 14" before that, so 16" may be fine...

So there is a slight chance that I may go with the BASE ($27k) model.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-11-2002, 09:59 AM
I agree the base G35 may be the way to go. About the only thing that I care about that the Maxima has over it, are the power leather seats, so if the cloth seats are comfy and easy to adjust then the G35 is the easy winner. Just wish they would have added auto headlights to the base model. If they are only producing 5% of the base version then they may be hard to find.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-11-2002, 02:49 PM
Here's a calculator for estimating 0-60 times http://tom.marshall.tripod.com/software.html

With the gearing on the 5 speed G35 much different than the 4 speed Maxima I am going to up my estimate from 6.5 to 6.3 seconds for the manumatic g35. It may be even faster than that but that is still a half second faster than the automatic Maxima, and that car moves very nicely.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-11-2002, 10:15 PM
The Japanese version of the G35 with the 3 liter engine was estimated to doing 0-60 in about 7 seconds.

The codename for the new Skyline\G35 was the V35 and is called Skyline 250GT or 300GT in Japan.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-12-2002, 02:11 PM
I finally figured out the controls on the insides of the front seats are for the memory settings. The heated seat controls are right next to them on the center console and have a high and low setting. The gauge cluster tilts with the steering wheel so that will be interesting to see. I have added another option to what I might want. The $29,950 base Leather model. It adds power leather seats, 17 inch wheels, steering audio controls, and sunroof for $2850 more than the base cloth model. But the $27,100 G35 sedan is my first choice now.

FanaticZ
01-12-2002, 03:24 PM
i doubt there will be too many 27k g35's on the dealers lot. the dealers will most likely order most loaded up.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-14-2002, 10:18 AM
I think at this point there are three versions of the G35 I am interested in.

$27K Cloth
$30K Leather
$33K Leather + Premium

The cloth is only available in gray. Anyone know of any photos of the cloth interior? Also any photos of the G35 with the 16" tires that are standard with the cloth version? It is likely that these $27K cars will be very rare.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-14-2002, 12:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kevinjhen:
I finally figured out the controls on the insides of the front seats are for the memory settings. The heated seat controls are right next to them on the center console and have a high and low setting. The gauge cluster tilts with the steering wheel so that will be interesting to see. I have added another option to what I might want. The $29,950 base Leather model. It adds power leather seats, 17 inch wheels, steering audio controls, and sunroof for $2850 more than the base cloth model. But the $27,100 G35 sedan is my first choice now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, I had my nose pressed against the glass at teh LA auto show and couldn't find the power window controls anywhere (check the inside door panel, there doesn't seem to be any swtiches there). So I'm hypothesizing that those 4 switches are for the windows.
&lt;edit&gt; oops, never mind, just saw a pic on nissan news where you can clearly see the window switches on the door. still why would memory setting switches be the toggle up/down type? in any case, I think that's not a great place to put switches anyway.

Also, chalk me down as another guy who wants cloth not leather seats, but gotta have premium/sport/aero... I don't like leather seats and I don't want to pay extra for something I don't like! Sounds like I'm SOL...

BTW, the cloth is called "willow" looks like beige to me on the mini-brochure.

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: SK ]

**DONOTDELETE**
01-14-2002, 04:52 PM
Anyone have any idea what the insurance rates will be for the G35? Similar to a Maxima?

I want leather seats but I don't want to pay $3000 for them. So we are all SOL.

I think they would toggle forward for setting one and then toggle back for setting two. Actually there are two of them on each seat, right? So each one would be for each setting but how do you actually set them? It will be hard to clean these if dirt and stuff falls into them. I think the Maxima memory seats are better thought out.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-14-2002, 05:01 PM
Willow beige, yeah I wish it were gray I guess, like in the Maxima. I think the black looks much better on the dash but I don't like black seats for some reason and of course black is not an option in cloth.

I am not sure I like the orange-red glow of the dash (like Altima). I prefer green with red highlights or something like the silver titanium gauges on the Max SE.

http://www2.freshalloy.com/site/photos/010502.g35.jpg

http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/pr_events/2002/detroit/g35/photos/800px/g3514.jpg

http://www.nissannews.com/nissan/product/vehicles/images/maxima/800px/12_maxima.jpg

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: kevinjhen ]

**DONOTDELETE**
01-14-2002, 05:33 PM
I prefer the yellow on black dash of the black leather vs the orange on black dash of the beige leather G35. Also the white on black analog clock looks much better too in the black leather car. The manumatic shifter may be on the wrong side and move in the wrong direction, but a test drive will help determine if it feels wrong. Really the interior looks very nice and the exterior too and of course the engine is going to move this baby and it should handle pretty well too. It's interior dimensions seem to imply that it will be comfortable to ride in so I am really starting to think that this will be my next car.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-14-2002, 05:59 PM
Check this out from the 4car review. looks like the cloth interior to me. seems pretty nice. wish i could get it with sport/premium/aero. What is the deal with America's love affair with leather? most other countries don't have leather bundled w/ their cars.

http://www.4car.co.uk/cars/fullsize/rtskylineint2.jpg

UHEARDME
01-14-2002, 06:06 PM
Last year the Altima sounded great, it arrived, and the interior was a piece of sh__. I then looked at the Maxima and almost bought until I started hearing about G35. I thought it would be too small but now it is about as big inside as my 1996 Maxima. Only problem is I don't want leather, but can't even get steering wheel controls for the radio on the cloth model. Will probably end up with leather and Bose and Sunroof (don't want sunroof either)if I like what I see - so far so good! Will not know 100% until I see and drive. I want a new car, and I hope this is it!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-14-2002, 06:07 PM
kevinjen,

also, as for the toggle switches... i still don't know. using toggles for memory seems wacky and unintuitive (why not just have &lt;1&gt; &lt;2&gt; and &lt;set&gt; buttons). maybe they're for some of the power seat controls? also, i thought memory settings were only for the driver's seat. thus, why would there be toggles on the passenger side?

as for the manumatic gate? I don't mind because that's how my Audi tiptronic is set up and if the G35 had the reverse i'd be doing wrong gear shifts for weeks before getting the new hang of things.

red/orange... all fine for me. i do HATE analog clocks (got one in my audi). digital displays are better for quick reading. I like analog gauges in some cases (e.g. speed, tach) but that's because you need to get a sense for rate of change which a digital readout doesn't give you. But for a clock, you know what the rate of change is, it's every second! that's the definition of time!! so give us a digital clock so you can read it at a glance and not cause an accident b/c you can't read the damn analog clock.

Infiniti
01-14-2002, 07:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kevinjhen:
I prefer the yellow on black dash of the black leather vs the orange on black dash of the beige leather G35. Also the white on black analog clock looks much better too in the black leather car. The manumatic shifter may be on the wrong side and move in the wrong direction, but a test drive will help determine if it feels wrong. Really the interior looks very nice and the exterior too and of course the engine is going to move this baby and it should handle pretty well too. It's interior dimensions seem to imply that it will be comfortable to ride in so I am really starting to think that this will be my next car.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The manumatic shifter is NOT on the wrong side!! WHy do people keep saying this!? THe Q has it on the right hand side. In RHD, the skyline has it on the opposite side. All Audis/VWs also have it like this. It was done purposly folks. Its NOT a mistake! Get over it!