PDA

View Full Version : Advice on my next car...g35, z350, rx8

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2002, 12:49 PM
hello everyone, i just graduated from college last month in business. this past monday i got an offer to work for a prominent mutual fund company - it should pay pretty well. right now i'm driving a manual 95 g20t fully loaded. when i get the job, i'm most likely gonna get a new car. question is which one. so here goes, i test drove an altima 3.5 se (auto) about a month ago, it was a fine family sedan, but i probalby want more.

i told the sales lady i was gonna wait for the new g and z and test drive em both. i'm also eagerly awaiting the rx8 - i always liked that car, and the rotary engine is uniqe. most likey looking at a car between 30 - 40k. so bring it on!

eric images/icons/grin.gif

Nizmo
01-23-2002, 05:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hmonghero:
hello everyone, i just graduated from college last month in business. this past monday i got an offer to work for a prominent mutual fund company - it should pay pretty well. right now i'm driving a manual 95 g20t fully loaded. when i get the job, i'm most likely gonna get a new car. question is which one. so here goes, i test drove an altima 3.5 se (auto) about a month ago, it was a fine family sedan, but i probalby want more.

i told the sales lady i was gonna wait for the new g and z and test drive em both. i'm also eagerly awaiting the rx8 - i always liked that car, and the rotary engine is uniqe. most likey looking at a car between 30 - 40k. so bring it on!

eric images/icons/grin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey there Hmonghero...nice to see that there is a (Hmong) Nissan enthusiast in here as well. I'm Hmong also, hehe...

Ahem...anyway back to the topic. As far as it goes for choosing the right car, I would wait a little longer to test drive them all. Unless of course, you're not in hurry to buy a brand new car now, I would wait. Reason? No one here has actually test driven them all, except the Altima.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2002, 03:06 PM
hay nismoMan, it's amazing to see how this club has grown since its been around. i joined when there were only 688 members. now there is over 5000!!! images/icons/shocked.gif

what car do you own? and are you particularly fond of nissans? like i said, i drive a g20t here it is...

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/eric_vang/images/mycar.jpg

just kidding... though this is the same car that i have just without all the added fiber glass and mine's black.

i really like the g35 with its 260hp and the new z should also be great. but the rx8 may be really good if ford doesn't restrict mazda because of fear for its own mustang franchise. though i hear the rx8 will be naturally aspirated with 250 hp on a 1.3L. here's the specs i found so far...

Mazda RX-8 Specs

General
Vehicle Type: 4-door coupe
Driven Wheels: Rear
Pass. Capacity: 4
Price Range: Est. $30,000-$35,000
Assy. Point: Japan

Engine
Layout: Longitudinal mounted front engine
Disp./Cylinders: 1.308 L 2-Rotor Wankel Rotary
Bhp@RPM: 250 @ 8500
Torque (lb.-ft.)@RPM: 153 @ 7500
Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection

Transmission
Type: Automanual
# Ratios: 6-speed

Steering
Type: Rack-and-pinion
Power Assist: Electronically-controlled motor assist

Suspension
Type F/R: Independent/Independent
Fr. Susp. Links: Double Wishbone
Fr. Damper: Tube Shock
Fr. Springs: Coil
R. Susp. Links: Double Wishbone
Rr. Damper: Tube Shock
Rr. Springs: Coil

Wheels/Tires
Tire Size F/R: F: 225/50ZR19, R: 245/45ZR19
Whl. Size (in.)/Type F/R: 19-inch

Brakes
Fr. Diameter (in.): 14.0, 6-piston caliper
Rr. Diameter (in.): 14.2, 4-piston caliper
ABS: yes
Traction Cont.: Dynamic Stability Control

Vehicle Dimensions
Front Track (in.): 58.7
Rear Track (in.): 59.1
Height (in.): 52.4
Length (in.): 170.3
Wheelbase (in.): 106.3
Width (in.): 70.1
Interior Specs
Cargo Volume (cu. ft.): 10.6

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/eric_vang/images/RX8.jpg [IMG]

in my opinion, the last model looked alot more aggressive. this one kinda looks like a protoge, imo. any other ideas, thoughts??? anyone...

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2002, 03:56 PM
for some reason the images didn't come out right but here are urls if anyone wants to look.

and
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/eric_vang/images/RX8.jpg

never tried creating a web page before... images/icons/smile.gif

bought
01-24-2002, 08:23 PM
hmong...the links don't work as angelfire blokcs the loading of images without a website i think... would love to see the pics though images/icons/grin.gif

chris

paulb
01-24-2002, 08:42 PM
to see the picture right click on the url and select copy shortcut and then open a new browser window and paste the url into and press enter images/icons/wink.gif

Nizmo
01-25-2002, 06:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hmonghero:
hay nismoMan, it's amazing to see how this club has grown since its been around. i joined when there were only 688 members. now there is over 5000!!! images/icons/shocked.gif

what car do you own? and are you particularly fond of nissans? like i said, i drive a g20t here it is...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmonghero, currently I have five cars in my stable (garage), and they are as follow: 2002 Infiniti I35, 1999 Maxima, 1994 300ZX, 1991 240SX fast back, and 2001 T/A Firehawk (sorry but...somehow, I just can't get enough of monstrous torque images/icons/wink.gif ). I've been fond of Nissan ever since I bought my first maxima back in 1988 and somehow, I've been hook since then.
BTW, that's a nice G20t you got there...and oh yeah, if you ever happen to drop by in Milwaukee, I'll show you my cars. images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-29-2002, 01:12 AM
Well since the pictures don't work images/icons/mad.gif
just go to this link... http://www.angelfire.com/trek/eric_vang/

happy days....