PDA

View Full Version : G35 on display at Infiniti dealership

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2002, 09:13 PM
I took these pics today at the Orlando Infiniti Dealership. They had a g35 there that has been going across America to several dealerships. The dealers seemed more excited than the customers. images/icons/grin.gif
Enjoy:
G35 Pics (http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~iap01814/)

Pics are kinda big.

Supposedly they are going to crush the car when it's done with its tour. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Don't mind the page...I did it with notepad.

[ 02-19-2002, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: IanP ]

nissanmaster
02-19-2002, 09:23 PM
Nice!! I like it. But it won't get crushed. It'll go back to Infiniti as either a corporate demo or more likely as a training car.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/bb3573a9/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/Hanks+Z+right+side400x600.jpg?bcSj4w8AttiM4Fr3

Jason B
02-19-2002, 09:30 PM
Nice pics!!!

nissanmaster, you link isn't working?

I got this:

Forbidden
You do not have permission to get URL '/users/bb3573a9/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/Hanks+Z+right+side400x600.jpg' from this server.

2002 Q45 with tint - Second page updated with more videos and a new Q45 screen saver: http://get.to/q45

nissanmaster
02-19-2002, 09:32 PM
thats funny, it works for me?

nissanmaster
02-19-2002, 09:34 PM
oops! your right, that was the wrong link at first but I changed it now, lets see if this works, hehe!
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/bb3573a9/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/Hanks+Z+right+side400x600.jpg?bcSj4w8AttiM4Fr3

ZandSkyLineRox
02-21-2002, 12:42 AM
IanP, sharp pics!

Nice red but it's a cop bait color.

The rear spoiler looks cool!

Dunlops are a good choice.

WHY doesn't G35 have struts for the hood (even my 92 Max SE has them)? That metal arm support really looks cheesy.

[ 02-21-2002, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: 350ZRox ]

Infiniti
02-21-2002, 06:37 AM
I cant stop drooling over this picture

http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~iap01814/G35/G35_8.JPG

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2002, 06:46 PM
Ya...some things I noticed or liked was the huge trunk and rear seat space, the height of the car itself, and the exhaust piping looked to be about 2.5".

One dealer was trying to show off the rear lights to impress me or something. Kept saying that they are LEDs for the brake lights where you see the three rows of circular patterns.

I don't know about the pedal e-brake it has. I could see myself mistaking it for a clutch! Also, I'm not sure if they have this for the Skyline or not but the engine or engine cover sits high enough to block any possible STB, but most likely won't need one.

I'm interested in the Glass-Fiber Composite they use for the front frame section. I wonder if the whole car frame is made of this material and what the advantages are.

All the cards in the last pic are MSRPs. You probably can't make out all the options but it was just things like BOSE stereos, floor mats, sunroofs, and splash guards.

Nizzan
02-21-2002, 08:26 PM
Hi Ian. What were the quality of the interior materials like? fit and finish etc...???

**DONOTDELETE**
02-22-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by IanP:
Ya...some things I noticed or liked was the huge trunk and rear seat space, the height of the car itself, and the exhaust piping looked to be about 2.5".

One dealer was trying to show off the rear lights to impress me or something. Kept saying that they are LEDs for the brake lights where you see the three rows of circular patterns.

I don't know about the pedal e-brake it has. I could see myself mistaking it for a clutch! Also, I'm not sure if they have this for the Skyline or not but the engine or engine cover sits high enough to block any possible STB, but most likely won't need one.

I'm interested in the Glass-Fiber Composite they use for the front frame section. I wonder if the whole car frame is made of this material and what the advantages are.

All the cards in the last pic are MSRPs. You probably can't make out all the options but it was just things like BOSE stereos, floor mats, sunroofs, and splash guards.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**
02-22-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by IanP:

All the cards in the last pic are MSRPs. You probably can't make out all the options but it was just things like BOSE stereos, floor mats, sunroofs, and splash guards.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]When sitting in this car, how was the overall visibility?? The front dashboard seems to sit rather low. . .similiar to a Honda Civic. My wife is considering this car and likes to see 2' in front of her. . .what do ya think??

**DONOTDELETE**
02-23-2002, 12:38 PM
Truthfully, I didn't have enough time to fully examine the car. From what I remember the black interior it had was leather seats with titanium accents on the mid dash section and the inside door handles. All seemed great quality except I didn't like the auto shifter because of how high it sits and for the fact it was the manumatic crap but backwards.

If you can see in the pics, the front end slopes down sorta so visability is great. I can't tell if the dash is higher than normally in other cars.

Infiniti
02-23-2002, 02:54 PM
you said the up shift is up and the downshift is down, whats wrong with that? Or is it the opposite?

CharlieDigital
02-23-2002, 07:54 PM
More a thing of personal preference...like when you play shooters, most give you the choice of inverting the mouse. Some people like it that way I guess images/icons/confused.gif

You have to kinda just sit there and imagine up/down shifting...I think a downwards upshift would "feel cooler" images/icons/grin.gif

Infiniti
02-23-2002, 09:29 PM
Oh, now i see what you mean. But why is that people say the G35 has it backwards if no car manufacturer makes the upshift downwards and the downshift upwards?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-23-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Infiniti:
Oh, now i see what you mean. But why is that people say the G35 has it backwards if no car manufacturer makes the upshift downwards and the downshift upwards?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]It's more of a reference to sequential trannys in race cars. I can see how it doesn't belong in a luxury car though. images/icons/wink.gif

They said the 6-speed would be out by August or when the 350z releases. Not that I'm purchasing one but my dad is contemplating it.

Ko_leos
02-23-2002, 10:55 PM
I think he means like airplanes, where to go faster, you pull down, and to slow down, you push up.

Infiniti
02-24-2002, 01:04 AM
The manumatic shifter is not backwards. Its the same position as it is in the Q, all VW's and Audis and BMWs. Only Acura has the 'manual' mode on the side closest to the driver.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-24-2002, 01:32 AM
what I meant is that the upshift and downshift is in the up and down direction respectively. Where I feel that it should be the opposite according to the movement the driver and car make during shifting.

Also I would prefer it on the drivers side instead but that's negligable.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-24-2002, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Infiniti:
Oh, now i see what you mean. But why is that people say the G35 has it backwards if no car manufacturer makes the upshift downwards and the downshift upwards?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Umm... Toyota MR2 with True Sequential Manual Transmission has forward downshift and backward upshift.

Infiniti
02-24-2002, 06:48 AM
So one car? You cant really say that one way is more right than another except that all cars except one do it in one way.

CharlieDigital
02-24-2002, 05:45 PM
Personal preference, like I said.

I'm curious as to why Infiniti doesn't just build the 6-Speed verion now images/icons/confused.gif

They already have 6-Speed trannies in the Max, Alti, and I believe the Spec-V...

It's not like Nissan doesn't read the car mags...this car needs a 6-spd manual for it to be seriously considered a contender in the luxury sports sedan market.

Infiniti
02-24-2002, 06:36 PM
max and spec v have a 6 speed. Those two cars are FWD. Nissan is developing (its probably done but not produced yet obviously)a new 6 speed specifically for the Z (RWD) that will be shared with the G35 (RWD). I guess Nissan wants to showcase their new tranny on their most anticipated car in a long time, the Z.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-24-2002, 08:33 PM
so your saying that the G35 has a pedal e-brake? i thought this was a sport sedan...shouldn't it have a hand e-brake??? images/icons/confused.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-25-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by gilfiger:
so your saying that the G35 has a pedal e-brake? i thought this was a sport sedan...shouldn't it have a hand e-brake??? images/icons/confused.gif <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Ya that's what I was confused about. But the pics dont lie. Anyway...about the 6-speed, it's all marketing. Nissan is waiting for the Z to release their coupe model with the 6-speed. They (the dealers) weren't even sure if the sedan was going to have one. Does the 3.0L Skyline have a manual tranny?

Buster
03-25-2002, 07:58 PM
I checked out a G35 today. I noticed several things that bother me: No telescoping steering wheel (I'd like it a little closer with the seat all the way back), the parking brake pedal, the lack of thigh support for my long legs, the bumps in the steering wheel, the grey side sills, no stock HID's, no standard cloth seats, higher than expected RPM's at 75 mph, and no decent discount at this time -- which I can understand on a 2003 model. I prefer the looks of the darker colors because the side sills ruin the looks of the lighter colors. The taillights do look nicer in person.

I may go for the 2002 Maxima SE when the price drops under $21K. It's only $600 away at this time at a local dealer. For the money, it's quite a bargain. It's not as balanced or as pretty as the G35, but it'll satisfy me for a few years.

a3a12498_Richard
03-25-2002, 08:19 PM
Good for you. Name me one car past, or present, that has such universal appeal that the competition goes out of business, because they can no longer compete.
You have done the right thing. Evaluated the pros and cons of the G35, and in your mind, it is lacking. The I35 is certainly a good second choice, so might be a VW Passat, a Acura TL, or a Chrysler 300m Special.
I don't happen to agree with most of your complaints about the car, that is the value of these forums. To each his own.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Buster:
[QB]I checked out a G35 today. I noticed several things that bother me: