PDA

View Full Version : G35 Coupe features, QE predictions, & I35 replacement

**DONOTDELETE**
01-25-2002, 11:31 PM
G35 Coupe:
Will the Coupe be a hard-top convertible or a regular coupe design. Will the interior set-up be the same or more sporty. Also, will the rear be the same as the sedan.

QE predictions:
I predict that the QE will share its engine with the GT-R Concept. What are your predictions?

I35 replacements:
The Cefiro, which the I35 and Maxima QX are based on, is soon going to be replaced the U.S. built Altima. Does this mean that Infiniti design its own replacement for that series?

Other:
Is their a posibility that there will be some Infiniti badged Renaults' or an Infiniti sport wagon in the future?

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Washington-QX ]

GroovinGTR
01-26-2002, 12:17 AM
The way I understand it the long talked about "QE" is the I35 replacement. New line-up will have QE between G35 and Q45 w/ G35 being the only entry-level car.

I really hope the G35 coupe could be had in a convertible form, hopefully better-looking than SC430. And I think the FX45 is supposed to be Infiniti's sport wagon. Dude, I can't wait for the coupe debut!

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: GroovinGTR ]

ExhaustNote
01-26-2002, 01:32 AM
Infiniti would do well to fit the QE with a base V6 and optional V8. It bridges the gap and it's what the comp offers in this range.

Now a few possible issues:
Let's say the V6 will be 270+hp and the V8 will be 310+hp. The first thing that comes to mind are the Q's not so amazing sales numbers. You'd expect the QE to have higher quality materials and fit & finish than the G. Now how many people do you think would buy a Q when they can get a comparably equipped "I45" for far less? There wouldn't be that many incentives that the Q offers over such a car.
Before anyone mentions Audi, MB, BMW, Lexus, etc., keep in mind that the A, S, 7, and even LS are far better established executive saloons than the Q45. Their smaller siblings are less of a threat partly because of this.

Imagine how many people would look less desirably upon a Q if they found a G25/new Primera with similar interior styling, nav, and rearview cam on a ~25k car. Or worse if it popped up as a Nissan.
That would greatly diminish the Q's image of exclusivity.

ExhaustNote
01-26-2002, 01:45 AM
As far as Renaults, I'd take a rebadged and slightly refaced (to better match line-up) Clio over an SE-R V-Spec anyday. Nissan could use a hatch too.

They can forget about the Kangoo though...

Infiniti
01-26-2002, 08:57 AM
DOnt start holding your breath for a hard top convertivle. Why would you even suggest that?

**DONOTDELETE**
01-26-2002, 09:39 AM
I think....

No way Infiniti will share the G35 sedan platform, because the wheelbase is too long to be agile. The G35 Coupe will share the same platform as the 350Z, FM package, chasis and the same engine. The interior of the G35 Coupe would thus be completely different from the sedan.

It would cost Renault/Nissan/Infiniti too much money to develop a US only vehicle, so the G35 Coupe will be sold in Japan as a Nissan model.

The G35 Coupe will be not available in a convertible form, because it that was the original intention, Infiniti/Nissan would have said so. The G-Coupe will be slower than the 350Z, and marketed as a luxury sports car, that way the Z does not lose sales. There is no way the G-Coupe will share the same engine as the GT-R, because the car would be way too expensive to make with a brand new engine. I do expect the rear end of the Coupe will be redesigned to a more "Skyline" styling to appeal to old school Nissan fanatics. (Still w/ LED lights, of course)

From what I understand, the Infiniti lineup will look like this in 2 years time:
Q45(flagship luxury sedan),
New I35(midsize luxury sedan),
G35(entry level sports sedan),
G-Coupe(luxury sports car),
GT-R(exotic sports monster),
FX45(Sports Wagon, like the X-5),
New QX4(Luxury SUV)

That's way too many cars for a Infiniti dealership, I am guessing 1 or 2 cars will be dropped by 2004.

GroovinGTR
01-26-2002, 10:45 AM
Why do you say that's too many cars, must other company's have at least that many models and Infiniti is trying to actively compete now.

Cromwell
01-26-2002, 12:37 PM
I thought I read that Infiniti was supposed to go to 8 cars/trucks..........What about the Cedric/Gloria car this fall?

GTRV35
01-29-2002, 05:25 AM
http://www.mag-x.com/scoop/xvl0009/scoop1.jpg

**DONOTDELETE**
01-29-2002, 07:53 AM
http://www.mag-x.com/images/cover_dn.jpg

Now you are talking... images/icons/grin.gif

shaun
01-29-2002, 12:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V35:
[QB]I think....

No way Infiniti will share the G35 sedan platform, because the wheelbase is too long to be agile. The G35 Coupe will share the same platform as the 350Z, FM package, chasis and the same engine. The interior of the G35 Coupe would thus be completely different from the sedan.
QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well the g35 sedan and the 350z are allready on the same platform. so what are u talking about?

paintballbit@h
01-29-2002, 02:50 PM
V35

where did you find that image?

**DONOTDELETE**
01-29-2002, 07:08 PM
I found the image on the Mag-X homepage, that is the cover of the newest Mag-X magazine. (March 2002) The cover picture is definitely a V35 Skyline Coupe with circular tail lamp design. The cover article says "Evidence of Revival of the Traditional Circular Tail Lamps" I have ordered a copy to see if there is a pic of the Skyline V35 inside.

shaun: The Skyline V35 / Infiniti G35 do not share the same platform as the Nissan Fairlady 350Z. They both share similar technology (flat ride, FM, suspension components, engine...) However, the two vehicles do not share the same platform, just look at their specs (dimensions, weight)

Deadpool
01-29-2002, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V35:
shaun: The Skyline V35 / Infiniti G35 do not share the same platform as the Nissan Fairlady 350Z. They both share similar technology (flat ride, FM, suspension components, engine...) However, the two vehicles do not share the same platform, just look at their specs (dimensions, weight)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually 350Z is based on G35 rwd platform which features FM package which means engine resides aft of the front axle for better weight distribution (idealy 50/50 but more like 48/50 for G35). Z is shorter in dimensions doesn't mean the platform is all new. Its rides on the same platform, just altered. They differ in dimensions and weight because they are two different body styles, with Z more sporty in its intentions then the G35 which leans more towards luxury and performance.

nismoZX
01-29-2002, 07:51 PM
what is the QE and anyone have pics. The alt is not going to replace max and i35, max and i35 will move up in class. Alt is just taking over the cammry and the accord class for the max.

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: nismoZX ]

GroovinGTR
01-29-2002, 11:36 PM
Do you think the next QE will be a rebadged Gloria? The Gloria is in the middle of its lifespan, it would be stupid to bring it over for only two years. It will replace the I35 from what we know. If it comes out in fall/winter 2002 that means the redesigned I35 will have only been on sale for a year. IMO it would be a big mistake for Infiniti to introduce a new sports sedan six months after the G35. Build the G35 line up with the coupe and AWD CVT and the following year bring the QE. In 2003 current I35 will have been around for 2 years and time to go, Gloria will have a brand new design with LHD original planned not tacked on. All German marques wait at least a year between introducing different models. It is possible that when they mentioned the third model, it could be the AWD CVT right?

GroovinGTR
02-04-2002, 11:01 PM
Just got my copy of Motortrend - has the I35 replacement coming out in fall '03. Don't know if they are right, but that sounds like a much better date to release it.

diehardnissan
02-05-2002, 12:36 AM
One way or another Nissan should introduce Altima in Japan and in the rest of the world. This sedan has the "DNA" of the winner.
GroovinGTR, FX45 is the first Infiniti's "Crossover" SUV that is a new segment that began from audis's allroad and not a sportswagon like the japanese Stagea (G35 SW). images/icons/blush.gif images/icons/grin.gif

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: diehardnissan ]

GroovinGTR
02-05-2002, 02:36 AM
All these crossover vehicles sure do like to make up new titles...STU, SUP, MPV, STD...The FX45 is not a real SUV but it is taller than a wagon. I wonder if it will replace the QX4 or at least be priced under $40k? A Stagea would definetely be tight if it didn't look Volvoesque from the back (no probs w/ Volvos, just wouldn't wanna copy their design.)

diehardnissan
02-05-2002, 03:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GroovinGTR:
Do you think the next QE will be a rebadged Gloria? The Gloria is in the middle of its lifespan, it would be stupid to bring it over for only two years. It will replace the I35 from what we know. If it comes out in fall/winter 2002 that means the redesigned I35 will have only been on sale for a year. IMO it would be a big mistake for Infiniti to introduce a new sports sedan six months after the G35. Build the G35 line up with the coupe and AWD CVT and the following year bring the QE. In 2003 current I35 will have been around for 2 years and time to go, Gloria will have a brand new design with LHD original planned not tacked on. All German marques wait at least a year between introducing different models. It is possible that when they mentioned the third model, it could be the AWD CVT right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean and i agree with you.
But with Nissan no one can be sure since the 1996-98 Primera model in Europe has been introduced as '2002 Infiniti G20' images/icons/rolleyes.gif images/icons/tongue.gif
This model was under facelift for 1999-2001 and now for 2002 in next month, Nissan begins the new Primera sales in Europe.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-05-2002, 03:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GroovinGTR:
The FX45 is not a real SUV but it is taller than a wagon. I wonder if it will replace the QX4 or at least be priced under $40k? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the QX4 will remain midsize to compete with the likes of Lexus RX300, MB ML-series and BMW X-series while the FX45 will be a full size SUV w/ a V8 powerplant. Hopefully the QX4 will get a bump in hp and rear interior room when it is due for a redesign (personally, i think the QX4 is one of the best-looking SUVs in the market) images/icons/smile.gif

Buster
02-06-2002, 07:14 PM
Another ugly *** ? I swear the Nissan design engineers all have wives with ugly asses. They wouldn't know the difference, anyway...