PDA

View Full Version : G35 Shortcoming...

CharlieDigital
02-05-2002, 09:57 PM
I didn't really pay attention to it, but I noticed it just now looking at the pictures...

The G35 is supposed to compete head to head with the 3-Series. One of the main aesthetic features of the 3-Series is it's tight, taut, sporty look. One of the key features that enhances this look is how low the Bimmers ride. Minimal wheel gap and low even when stock. The G35 suffers the same fate as many other Nissan vehicles (Maxima) which have horrendous wheel gaps! It's a shame the an otherwise tight looking vehicle has to have ugly wheel gap...

Yeah I know, it can easily be fixed with some aftermarket eq, but hell, if the car is made to compete with the 3-Series, the car should ride low stock....just my opinion.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-05-2002, 11:03 PM
Nismo should take care of this little problem images/icons/grin.gif . Nissan has a way of making 4X4 wheel gap's on there cars. The first thing I did to my 02 max was lower it!

Cromwell
02-06-2002, 06:22 AM
While I have not had the pleasure of seeing a G35 in person (yet), just look at the G35 on the cover of AutoWeek. The wheel-gap looks very tight. Also, I believe Infiniti has said the G35 will compete in the segment that includes the Jag X-type 3.0, Audi A4 3.0, BMW 330i, and the Lexus IS300. Looks like a winner from here. Just mho.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-06-2002, 08:44 AM
Yes, that is a shame, but in NYC you will want that wheel gap....potholes can be torture on any car

**DONOTDELETE**
02-06-2002, 10:21 AM
plus when you seat REAL people in the car, it should go down lower..

PS: I loved the crack about Nissan making their cars look like 4x4's.