PDA

View Full Version : Time to look for interior upgrades...

**DONOTDELETE**
03-18-2002, 03:03 PM
Yeah... I have no wood in my interior... and plan to put some in.
woodtrim.com and exoticwooddash.com are few on list. (exoticwooddash.com already has one while woodtrim.com is supposed to have one by next week)
How good are exoticwooddash.com? I have heard nothing but praises for woodtrim.com ones but not sure about exoticwooddash.com ones.
Thanks for any suggestions/advices.

GQ_Jay
03-19-2002, 11:39 PM
my wife got me a kit for xmas for the max years back from exotic. i never dealt with them but she said their customer service was quite weak [sent wrong [color] tone originally, but later corrected after much fuss]. from my point of view, their product is beautiful and i had no trouble installing it myself.
my personal tip if you do it yourself- warm the pieces in your oven to about 50oC [120F] prior to installing. the soft flexibility makes installation around fillets and radiii quite simple.
let me know if you purchase the exotic product what pieces are included, how it turns out and if they offer an 'augmentation' pack to match the factory wood including tone.
i already contacted wooddash, but they were really vague about an offering for G.

Jay

Jason B
03-20-2002, 12:23 AM
Here is my accessory site: http://www.burtmanindustries.com (wood dash kits, real carbon fiber kits, etc. - The G35 kit is in development. When it's done I will let you know about possbile group discounts. If you have any other questions, just shoot me an email. The quality can't be beat!

[ 03-19-2002, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Jason B ]

c3po33
03-20-2002, 07:13 AM
Check exoticwooddash.com yestergay but they do not offer the kit in the same wood color that I have now. I wonder if this will be corrected. They do offer kits for the g35 but none of the colors they have match to maple wood now in my car.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-21-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by c3po33:
Check exoticwooddash.com yestergay but they do not offer the kit in the same wood color that I have now. I wonder if this will be corrected. They do offer kits for the g35 but none of the colors they have match to maple wood now in my car.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]How do you like the maple wood? I happen to have light interior and thinking medium burlwood to accentuate a bit. In fact, does anyone have pic of maple wood with light interior? If it looks better with maple wood, I might start asking the above mentioned companies for it.
Thanks in advance.

greg_atlanta
03-21-2002, 06:03 PM
yuck!! wood on a G35 ?!?!? it's a SPORTS SEDAN, not a piece of furniture

sorry.... i'm a no-wood snob. none in my '92 Q and LOVE IT!!!

on a side note, factory wood package on G35 is kinda pointless images/icons/rolleyes.gif most pencils have more wood than the gear shifter does