PDA

View Full Version : 17 inch ride?

dmmattix
03-19-2002, 08:21 PM
Yep, it IS jittery. I think that's because is favors the SPORT side of Luxury Sport Sedan. Seriously, if it is like my wife's I30 the suspension will smooth out after a few hundred miles. I will keep you informed as I have 325 on mine now and it seems to be getting smoother...

**DONOTDELETE**
03-20-2002, 01:09 AM
I've taken two test drives in the G35. Part of one was in the back seat for a while, my spousal unit was up front. With those 17 inch wheels the ride seemed pretty jiggely back there! Did not notice this as much while up front. Anyone test driven the base version with 16 inch tires yet? If so, any smoother ride noted? images/icons/confused.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
03-20-2002, 02:38 PM
can you get the 18"'s of the I35 on the g35?

**DONOTDELETE**
03-24-2002, 11:57 PM
i went to the Thousand Oaks Infiniti Dealer and it has 17, yes 17 (i counted)G35's!!...Three of them had aero package, 2 of those three had custom 18" rims (dealer installed) and the 3rd one had the Infiniti 5-spokes that came with the Aero Package. One of the Infinitis with Aero Package and the custom rims had the navigation system. Out of the 14, without Aero Package, there were 8 with the 18" custom rims, ranging in styles...but all very similar. Out of those 8, there were 4 with navigation systems. Out of the 6, without the custom rims, only two had navigation systems. That leaves 10 without navigation and 7 with! The colors ranged from white-silver-green-ivory-black-cherry-dark blue. There was only one G35, that i saw out of the 17, that had cloth and no sunroof (Price was $27,365) The most expensive G35 there was 37,928, but this was because the rims cost like close to 1,500....the car did have HID's, the Aero Package, spoiler, and a moonroof visor. This was also the only Aero Package with Navigation. The car was an iradescent green, and the tint job (another~$650) matched the color of the car....**** the car is awesome. Its rims were chrome, 5-spoke, but not the infiniti type. They are 5-spoke but each spoke has two different spokes. Looked like the rims that come on the 2001 BMW 740I sports!!! thats the kind...chrome too!!!......well, i went home dreamin over the car, but i had plans so i had to leave. Came back the next day. Next day....6 G35s were sold....PHEW!! the one i had my eye out for (~~$37,000) was still there. However, the other two with Aero Package were gone (Black and Silver)....3 out of the 7 with the navigation were gone, (two blacks-green-dark blue) and the cloth interior, without anything was gone (IVORY)
WEll, i finally got to siiting in my car. It has the white interior....no wood work....dont like it...both front seats got the power seats....HIDS are tite ass (i will change the bulb on the running lights or find out a way for them not to be on because they arent HID).....the LED lights or whatever, on the back are really nice, and the orange glow of the dash is tite!!! I dunno what the salesperson said but my backseats supposedly recline (it said that on specs but i still havent figured it out!) and i gotta trank mounted 6-CD changer...the stereo is unbelievable. The TINT of this car is unbelievable as well....it matches the color, and the color is unbelievable. I test drove the car, and although it wasnt as good as the 330XI i drove ($45,875) it wasnt that much less of an awesome ride, at almost 8K less!!! Well....even though i loved this car, i couldnt afford it..my limit was $35,000...so the guy said that if i was gonna buy it rite then and there he was gonna give me a deal......took almost 5 hrs...but it finally happened....the final price (not out the door) of the car wasnt that much less but it was $36,278...almost 1500 savings....the guy said that 37K was too expensive for a lot of people looking at that range and thats why he had to "get rid of it" so they could get more in....i think there is a limit for each dealer with these cars.....the only thing that i didnt like, but dont care too much about in the car is that the rearview mirrors on the side of the car are TINY!!!!.....and the AUTO Rearview mirror inside kinda bugs me cuz it turns on as soon as it gets dark...the celieing kinda low too but i aint tall so its all cool....but driving yesterday with my moonroof open, with my window rolled up (cant see inside with the tint i got....it is out of this world) i felt so good...i know i have the nicest G35 out there....at least til tomorrow...cuz they selling really fsat.....example: i went to dealership today again to pick up some license plate surrounds (dont like the ones that come with the dealer) and 5 more G35s were in....but 7 more of the old ones were sold!!! that made a total of 4 cars left from when i started, plus the 5 new ones...(two of the 5 new ones had aero package....but only one with aero package also had navigation.....2 G35s without the aero had navigation systems also) none of the new ones had the cool rims on them...i asked why, and the guy said that they lose money on them, and it was just like the first 10 that go to each delear that gets em....i thought it was kinda wierd, butoh well, i got them...i will definately take pics of this car....you know u wanna see it!!! i love it so much....in the three days i have had it, its only got 23 miles on it!!!! and its a 11 mile drive from my house to the dealership...its only gonna be used when i go out wit the ladies...or when i am out to impress...but no matter when its out...its totally protected by the low-jack and awesome security system i got installed yesterday....sounds like a BMW security system with that tyte ass beep noise it makes .....love it so much!!!! i drive fast, but only when no car is around...i wont even tolerate a scratch on this baby...afterall the paint was an added $700 on the car.....

IN ALL...
Rims $1500
Tint $650
Visor ~$50
Paint $700
TOTAL: $2900 of dealer installed items...on top of the $35,028 sticker price...but since the guy gave me a deal for the car, for $36278, i basically stole the extra added stuff for only an added $1200..instead of $2900....with tax and everything the car came out to about $39000.....but it is way more than worth it guys...you dont even know...go out an dbuy one...even if its the $27,000 model...or actually, get the $30,355 base with leather and moonroof!!! jkLOL....peace guys....wish me luck with my baby!

**DONOTDELETE**
03-25-2002, 07:13 AM
Definitely take some pics... I'm curious to see what this looks like...

tomegun
03-25-2002, 08:13 AM
Congrats. I can really tell you are happy.

Jason B
03-25-2002, 09:00 AM
Pictures! images/icons/wink.gif

Thanks for the info.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-25-2002, 10:08 AM
What's so special about that paint where they charge you extra $700 bucks?

**DONOTDELETE**
03-25-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by miata007:
What's so special about that paint where they charge you extra $700 bucks?

007<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]the color is that millenium jade, or that light green/olive color that usually comes stock but when i asked the dealer representative guy selling me the car, he said that it has an added top layer of clear/metallic paint that makes it shine and under that is a glosy pearl wash or something...it was really wierd how he explained it...if it was true iradescent, it waould be like $3000!! i still think its the nicest color out there on any car....and hey, this is my car, so back off, and dont spoil the fun man! images/icons/mad.gif