PDA

View Full Version : part 1 fmax

97KAT
07-21-2002, 11:20 AM
Well got the ECU & the injectors installed yesterday, it took some work to get those pins out, but thanks to TY's advice about it breaking I took my time and did not break anything. One thing intresting, I was unable to locate the 3wire O2 sensor, so I just left mine hooked up, I have driven it about 25 miles and no check engine, so maybe I wont have to change it.....will see.

The intercooler was very easy, I did not even have to take off the bumper cover, just removed the splash guards and pushed it up, very nice fit. I was able to retain my OEM fog lights by removeing the inner most fog light bracket on each foglight.

What ate up time is that the kit gives you a a 1/8 NPT fitting and tap(for oil feed), and since our car is 1/8 british the fitting that came with the kit was not a direct fit. So I use the 1/8 NPT tap and taped it out. Now the 2 sizes, NPT and the british one, are pretty close the British one being slightly smaller, that once taped it did not provide a good seal so I went to a 1/4 NPT taped for 1/4 NPT and got a good seal. I would have got the british to NPT fitting But could not locate one
So basicly I am more than half done, with the hard stuff done. Just have to wait for swain and I'll be boosted.

97KAT
07-21-2002, 09:22 PM
Well so much for not changing my O2 sensor, the check engine light came on today.

nokuntrol
07-21-2002, 09:22 PM
sweet! good luck on the kit and hope everything goes smoothly.
are you using the stage one kit? what does that consist of and how much did it cost you?

97KAT
07-21-2002, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the wish of luck, I hope all goes well from here on out, Here is a link to a thread that had pics of the kit, that I posted. Fmax pics thread (http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=170095&Forum=A ll_Forums&Words=1997%20240%20sx%20se&Match=Usernam e&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=170093&S earch=true#Post170095)

I got the ball beariing upgrade, I think it was about $900 extra. The kit + the ecu come out to about $5500+ $300-350 for Swain coatings..Then my boost guage was about $200, my fuel pressure guage was about $230, and my oil pressure guage was about $40-50. I try not to think about it. I charged it all. At least my credit card is 0% for the 1st 6mons., after the 1st 6mon I will transfer it to another, hopefully 0% or below 4%.

EDIT: I'll try to have someone scan the instructions and the parts list in so I can post them.