PDA

View Full Version : Sohc engine questions. Going nitrous

Rice_N_motioN
08-05-2002, 11:08 AM
Can you guys help me with some of my questions? I plan on doing some serious nitrous settings to my KA24E and I was wondering what might help me get a better; no, a more efficient amount of power with it. So far, I plan on getting an air and fuel mixture with fuel pump and fuel filter already set (also have Exhaust, headers, intake and ported intake manifold). I also need to find some injectors and was wondering if I could use any from any other Nissan (ie. 300Z 90-up or 90-down) to save money. So far, everything is good but I'm still wondering about raising the RPM slightly and getting rid of the MPH limiter. I was also wondering if there is a more effiecient MAF sensor that can be swapped in. Also any ignition components that may help with a better spark. Any help and ideas are welcome. I may get an APexi S-AFC or something in that area. I can't afford a real stand alone yet. Oh, I'm shooting 75 now, I plan on going to 175-200.

silver88si
08-05-2002, 04:10 PM
Get the JWT set up u will thank me in the end

Im an avid fan of nitrous and if its done right it can be fun. But if the fuel puddles for one second, or your fuel pressure isnt right then it can get expensive.

Nos Tech is your friend and so is JWT

ADAM HUTCHINSON
08-06-2002, 12:10 PM
i would go a different route (also have a 75 shot) though i don't use it anymore

direct port fogger system, with nos controller..by nos or jacobs nos mastermind....once the jet settings are correct..you have unlimited power expandibility..not a big fan of the JWT nos set up..or running nos sytem on fuel injectors

YellowS14
08-06-2002, 12:23 PM
....i usually agree with Adam, but this time, i say JWT, itl take the tuning headache out of it, and its alot cleaner than an additional controller for the nos, not to mention jwt makes it throttle activated, so it starts at the proper rpm....

if your looking for tunability go with Adams suggestion, if you want plug and play...JWT

YellowS14 http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif

ADAM HUTCHINSON
08-06-2002, 01:25 PM
yep just like troy said...JWT for plug and play and fogger with controller for tuneability...though one more point..since you are going to extremes with nos 175-200shot...i would go with the tuneability...its very easy to put in jets for the foggers..or tune the whole system with a controller..and with 1 175-200 shot of NOS you are going to need that cause its going to hit like a hammer..so you want some adjustability off the line (controller)