PDA

View Full Version : Best place you know to get Greddy Air/fuel gauge

cHuCkDizz
08-09-2002, 04:01 AM
ok i need one anyone know a good place. So far best i have found is www.german-autowerks.com (http://www.german-autowerks.com) its 271.95 shipped. If you have a place that beats that let me know.
Thanks in advance,
Charles

08-09-2002, 04:14 AM
Holy carp (!) that's a lot of money for something that does so little. Just buy an Autometer for about $50, then you won't kick yourself quite as hard when you eventually find out how useless it is.

08-09-2002, 08:20 AM
I believe (but am not 100% sure) that the GReddy A/F gauge uses a wideband sensor (which is included with the gauge).

Asad

**DONOTDELETE**
08-09-2002, 09:17 AM
Actually the greddy air/fuel gauge with its own wide band o2 sensor is pretty much the closest thing to a dyno air/fuel reading. The greddy unit comes with its own wide band o2 sensor along with a control unit and all required wiring plus o2 bung.

blacksr
08-09-2002, 01:49 PM
it is not a wideband though it is a very accurate sensor. the gauge itself though is wideband compatible. it is nothing like the garbage autometer gauge and is very very useful when tuning a car and/or monitoring the engine.

jvh22a
08-09-2002, 05:32 PM
if you guys are near me i can get the gauge for about $254.00 no tax. 60mm

greddy boost peak hold is about $187.00 60mm

s14turbo
08-09-2002, 06:55 PM
it comes with a psuedo wide band sensor, it reads af's between 8:1 to 16:1. how accurate and precise it is compared to a real wide band, i'd like to know. cuz if its close this is killer deal.

JimStinksAtDorifto
08-09-2002, 10:45 PM
Actually, the Greddy A/F gauge is a near wideband that reportedly responds only .5 sec slower than a true lamda wideband setup. It uses its own 4 wire sensor, not the popular 5 wire Honda NTK one. The cool thing, other than the fact that the Greddy is really accurate, is that should you get to use a wideband, you can see how much the 2 gauges are off and adjust the Greddy to the wideband so it reads exact from then on. Since the Greddy is not a true wideband, its like your cheap alternative to make sure the car is running money, but it is still very accurate and reliable. You tune with a wideband and then use the Greddy to make sure everything is all good.

I just bought the Greddy for $175 shipped(barely used) so I'm stoked. A Guess-o-meter A/F gauge is just a flashy light and you don't know what a/f ratio you are running, you only know you're runing "3 green lights from the center"....lame [censored]. BTW, those cheap a/f gauges are basically only accurate during crusing and closed loop, not wot. I liek that the Greddy actually shows you a numeric a/f ratio. http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

phase2
08-10-2002, 01:13 AM
The Greddy air fuel is as close as it gets without dishing out big money for the higher ended ones like Motec. The Apexi Autotimer also has a air/fuel calibrated feature off the stock o2 sensor, and it has been proven to be only 0.1 to 0.3 off compare to the real O2 reading.

We have the Silver Greddy air/fuel in stock.

08-10-2002, 03:13 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]In reply to:</font><hr />
The Apexi Autotimer also has a air/fuel calibrated feature off the stock o2 sensor, and it has been proven to be only 0.1 to 0.3 off compare to the real O2 reading.

[/QUOTE]
I find it difficult to believe that this is true. Can you provide me with some info (web link or whatever) that might help to convince me?

phase2
08-10-2002, 04:48 AM
Me 2, I am skeptical as well. I'll ask the source that I got the information from in more detail. Last they did was comparing the Autotimer reading with a wide band, and that's the result difference they found.