PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how to set boost on the AVC-R ?

S13wannabe
08-09-2002, 10:41 AM
I was set at .85 bar and boosting at about 10.5 psi, I tried raising it to .90 bar, but nothing happened, is there something special I have to do ? I did it in the Boost/Duty selection, it's set to happen at 50% solenoid duty.

Hugh
08-09-2002, 10:55 AM
You must turn the Duty up to increase boost.

Duty Cycle is a % measurement of how long the wastegate stays closed in a second. The longer its closed, the more boost you get.

Try increasing it to 55% and see what happens. That should bring the boost up.

Now, when you use the graphing functions, watch for the boost spike. If it spikes, go into the duty settings for seperate rpms. Cut the duty down a little at the point where it spikes. If the boost dips, turn it up a little at that RPM.

The beauty of the AVC-R is not its simplicity... its the tunability.

MATT_BACK_VASS
08-09-2002, 12:20 PM
unforunatly 99999% of the time the profect be will be a better easier to use boost control

i like the avcr because of its four peak hold gauges it gives you

Hugh
08-09-2002, 07:23 PM
You're not helping him tune the AVC-R he obviously already owns. Not a time to start 'Boost Controller Wars'

Besides, its the Greddy Profec B.

And, NO, its not better. It's just easier. The AVC-R allows you to tweak the boost a LOT more.

blk180sx
08-09-2002, 07:36 PM
Amen to that Hugh!

Hugh
08-09-2002, 08:43 PM
Sup, Reggie, how you been? Car's looking nice....

My car should be back on the road tonight hopefully.

S13wannabe
08-13-2002, 08:45 AM
Raising the F/B speed and Duty cycle worked guys, thanks a lot. I have to be careful trying to tweak it in though, when I was playing with it yesterday I way overboosted to like 18psi or so, but it was only for a split second cuz I had a close eye on my analog guage.